ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Peter Scott"
Peter Scott

Posted Mar 29, 2009 in: Offline access via Google Gears ?
Score: 0
I have a repeating Toodledo task to check here once a month on the status of Gears integration :-)
Peter Scott

Posted Mar 11, 2009 in: Perl Module on CPAN
I've got a rudimentary API module on CPAN at

http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-Toodledo/

The "let us know" link led to the contact page so I figured the forum was the intended avenue rather than the bug report. But please use the CPAN RT to post any bug reports about the module itself.
Peter Scott

Posted Mar 08, 2009 in: children attribute
What is the children tag in a task's XML? The examples show one tag with a single integer value. Does it contain the number of children for a task with subtasks, or their IDs?
Peter Scott

Posted Feb 26, 2009 in: Offline Access - Google Gears
Are you near the point of being able to use beta testers for gears?
Peter Scott

Posted Feb 11, 2009 in: The website is way too popular
Just got this message:

"The website is way too popular :) There are too many users trying to access our server. Please try again a little later."

If this is going to become a habit, perhaps a different server for those of us forking out for the Pro Plus service?
Peter Scott

That's just perverted :-) You want Toodledo to automate your procrastination for you???
Peter Scott

Posted Jan 14, 2009 in: How to do proper delegation
Score: 5
I'm contemplating how to delegate tasks efficiently. I have a pro account and full sharing both ways with collaborators. But I'm missing something on delegation that I suspect isn't in Toodledo yet.

Ideal scene would be: Create task, assign it to collaborator, this makes a "linked" version of the task show up in my task list as "Delegated". When the collaborator marks it done my version goes to a status of "Ready for Review" or similar, at which point I can mark it completed or bounce it back.

When I assign a task I can't just forget about it. I need to know that I've delegated it. So I have to create another task for myself as a reminder, put it in my "Waiting For" folder, and find it when the assignee has completed the work. (An alternative would be to mark it using the Status field but it amounts to the same outcome.)

At the moment, my collaborator assigns a task back to me when they finish it so I get to see it. Unfortunately, assigning an existing task to a different collaborator makes it go into No Folder (with no way to reassign the folder), which is problematic.

Searching my collaborators' tasks for tasks assigned by me would be at best tedious. I hesitate to bring this up because this is a todo list not an enterprise workflow system, but still, collaboration is in Toodledo so I might as well see how far it goes.
Peter Scott

Posted Jan 11, 2009 in: Worlds Collide
I separate personal and business by folder, and sort on due date when viewing folder. I never use status (it's either done or it isn't).
Peter Scott

Posted Jan 04, 2009 in: Task title changing bug
This behavior is definitely a bug but I cannot reproduce it, I only note it here for the record in case anyone else experiences it.

Something happened so that whenever I clicked on a task title to edit it, the title would change to an apparently random string that was either the title of another task or a date. I had no way of restoring the original title aside from remembering it and typing it back in.

I was in folder view and non-classic mode and this behavior happened whether I expanded the task or not, and also when I changed to another folder. It happened every time I tried editing a task title during this time (over a dozen attempts).

It stopped when I changed to tag view. I was then able to change back to folder view without the behavior recurring. I do not recall doing anything peculiar immediately prior to the start of this behavior. This was on Safari on OS X 10.4.

P.S. It happened again half an hour later. Same symptoms as before, only I observed that it also affected the due date entry column. Switching to priority view and back fixed it.

P.P.S. I think it is caused by using the Back function in the browser to go to a folder view page that was succeeded by other pages representing modification operations. That reproduces it consistently for me.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2009.
Peter Scott

Posted Jan 04, 2009 in: Selecting multiple tasks?
Oh thank you thank you thank you for implementing multi-edit. I am transferring tasks from RTM and this makes life sooo much easier. You may want to update your RTM import help to reflect this approach to preserving RTM list name: Instead of exporting all RTM tasks, select the list you want, and click on the iCalendar link on the right to export just the tasks for that list. Then import into Toodledo, select all tasks in No Folder, and multi-edit to move them to the correct folder.

You may want to consider adding a "import to specified folder" option to the .ics upload feature.

BTW I notice that in many places the help text refers to changing filter options "at the bottom of the screen." This only applies to using the (no longer default) classic view. Should be changed to reflect that.
Peter Scott

Posted Jan 03, 2009 in: Dividers - get rid of 'em
Score: 2
I would like this also. I just want to sort by due date and the dividers are only wasting space.
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 22, 2008 in: Subtask dependency feature request
Score: 1
The example in the subtask help exhibits a problem that shows up for me a lot. Subtasks of a task are generally dependent on earlier ones. You can't pick up a rental car until you've reserved it, so showing the pick-up subtask before the reservation subtask is completed is just cluttering the view with something you have to remember to ignore.

I propose a dependency feature: a subtask may be designated as depending upon the subtask before it (even better would be if you could specify any earlier subtask in the same task). Until that earlier subtask is completed, this one has priority -1, after which it goes to whatever it was assigned. ThinkingRock does this IIRC.

This would be useful even if it was all-or-nothing, i.e., the parent task had the property that either all subtasks were dependent on their order or none of them were. Most of my parent tasks have all of their subtasks dependent on their order anyway.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2008.
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 22, 2008 in: looking for way to duplicate tasks
I'll add a vote for this too. Small example: create a task for someone's birthday with subtasks: T-2 weeks: buy present, T-1 week, send card, T-0: telephone. Big example: template for project to set up new website: Get domain name, get hosting record, create theme, create home page, etc. Then I want to be able to copy each of these for other people's birthdays and other website projects.
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 16, 2008 in: Offline Access - Google Gears
Great... I'll be signing up at least two people for the Pro account when it comes out...
Peter Scott

Score: -1
1. Gears
2. Gears
3. Gears
Peter Scott

Posted Nov 14, 2008 in: Offline Access - Google Gears
I'll migrate from RTM the moment there's offline support. I do major amounts of GTD when there's no connectivity available to distract me with other work. Any update on ETA?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5