Search results for "Posted by "
Duo

Posted Feb 13, 2019 in: Timestamp
Score: 0
  • Duo
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2019
  • Score: 0
Not as far as I know.

You can do it in the Notes application and I asked Jake to add that feature to the notes in the Tasks application but it didn't happen.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2019
Posted by J-O-D:
That would be the link: https://www.toodledo.com/info/beta.php and from there. But I haven't found anything new there yet. I suppose this is just for getting the testing group ready for the time when it will be neccessary.

Unfortunately I don't believe this is new. I (and I'm sure many others) used to use the Beta Site some years ago to help Jake test new features.

Manual sorting would be nice but it's somethings I've been asking for for many years.
Duo

Posted Jan 06, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2019
Posted by dmos01:
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Duo:

Now I see more items listed and the Standard tier only has 1 year of history and it also lists a "Customizable Hotlist" as an option.

Those have always been part of Standard (since the plans were implemented more than a week ago).

Thanks. I wasn't sure and I didn't screencap the prices a couple of days ago.
Duo

• Duo
Posted by Duo:

Me experience is that the 4 tiers didn't show up when not logged in until a few hours ago (perhaps your ticket helped). Even this afternoon with clean browsers (Incognito & cleared cookies & different machines) I couldn't see it.

I see the 4 tiers in all cases now.

Is it just me or have the plans changed again (since the 4 tiers were put up this year)? When I looked at them a couple of days ago I thought that there were fewer items on the Free and Standard tiers and that the Standard tier had 2 years of history.

Now I see more items listed and the Standard tier only has 1 year of history and it also lists a "Customizable Hotlist" as an option.
Duo

• Duo
Posted by Tech Crone:
For the second time in about a week I have been blocked from posting a new task to my account (Silver subscription renews in February) with a pop-up that says I have "reached the limit" of 20,000 tasks per account. The pop-up then suggests that I delete some completed tasks. I don't recall ever being informed that there was a limit on number of tasks I can post, and when I check the terms of my subscription it appears that I am supposed to be able to post an unlimited number of tasks. And it appears that I am supposed to be able to keep completed tasks for two years.

I wouldn't necessarily mind deleting some unneeded completed tasks, but I do very much mind that (apparently) the terms under which I purchased my Silver subscription have been changed without my permission, and even without giving me any advance warning. I also object to the way this is being handled -- I go to the trouble of entering a task and THEN am told that I can't save it. What if I'm in the middle of something and can't stop immediately to delete completed tasks? This shows very little consideration for users.

At any rate, I'd like an explanation of what's going on, please. I'd also like to see a response to the people who have asked why the standard plan is evidently being restricted to one week of completed tasks. (This seems unnecessarily restrictive -- to the point of being churlish -- to me.)

Those limits are nothing new. I've seen them before in the FAQ and they have been discussed on the forums before:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#97

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/12416/0/number-of-task-limit.html
Duo

Score: 1
  • Duo
  • Score: 1
Posted by sknipfing:

It's still reporting a price increase to $60 annually for Gold. Too much. I am seriously looking at ticktick right now. They seem to be everything that toodledo should be but at a cost of just $27.99 annually.

TickTick is pretty good. I've used it in the past and I'm currently looking at it again, although I think that Todoist is probably best for me for now with an eye on ClickUp as a possible alternative some time in the future when they have added more features / fixed some bugs.

In the past I have found TickTick support to be responsive and they have even delivered features I have asked for and they continue to improve their offering with useful features and UI improvements.
Duo

Posted Jan 03, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2019
Posted by Larry2:
In case no one is aware, there is mixed pricing information. Going to toodledo.com and selecting Pricing will display 3 tiers Free, Silver, Gold with outlandish pricing. Pretty much looks like the old subscription levels. Be sure to log out or go with a browser you don't normally use.

The other pricing plans show up in Aaron's blog for January 2019. Read down to where he talks about the new subscription pricing. There is a link to display the pricing plans available Jan 1. However that has 4 plans and is similar to previously announced features.

So we have two subscription options. I put in a trouble ticket yesterday asking for clarification but haven't heard back yet.

Me experience is that the 4 tiers didn't show up when not logged in until a few hours ago (perhaps your ticket helped). Even this afternoon with clean browsers (Incognito & cleared cookies & different machines) I couldn't see it.

I see the 4 tiers in all cases now.
Duo

Posted Jan 02, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2019
Posted by Larry2:

While that may be true as of Jan 1, I suspect that will change as the year goes on.

Since they kept the three tiers and their features I'd bet that they ran into problems actually implementing changes behind the scene and so had do something so just raised prices and kept old plans.

I also think that this is the case - they just couldn't unbundle the features to create more tiers in time.

Posted by mjbernstein:
I just want some signs of life.

[...]

But as I have written before---with everyone fleeing; I think Toodledo is Toodledone.

It certainly looks that way, unfortunately.
Duo

Posted Dec 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
  • Duo
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2018
  • Score: 2
Posted by J.O.D:
I am convinced that these will be the new plans that will make it public on January 1st for new users or users with subscriptions expired, so we should see them on the landing page without logging in.

If this is what they are planning to do then it will be one more poor decision made by the new team - unless their intention was to drive away as many prospective new users as possible and convince as many existing users as possible that this project was going down in flames. In which case, their plan has been a resounding success.
Duo

Posted Dec 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Duo
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2018
Posted by pawelkaleta:

Have anybody recently received any other version of the pricing plan than in the attached file? (it is different that what was published by Aaron on the forum, e.g. 1-year history in 2.99/month plan).

I haven't received anything. The current pricing I see on the site offers 2 Year History for $4.99.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2017
Hello Jake,

Thanks for coming back to me.

While I have to wait when using the old version, I personally don't find it to be a serious issue and I don't currently find the speed in loading in the new version to be worth the trade-offs I listed in my first post. On the other hand I only have around 600 tasks in Toodledo so I have to wait far less than someone with significantly more tasks.
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2017
Hello,

While creating a saved search a few days ago, I noticed that the number of tasks initially visible had been limited.

Depending on how many tasks there are in a view, they are no longer all displayed if they exceed a certain number of results (is it around 100?) .

In my case I had around 590 results in a Saved Search I was creating but I thought it was around 50 because the scroll bars indicated only a few results.

When I eventually noticed and tried to scroll down I had to repeatedly scroll 9 times to reach the bottom of the page.

Similarly when using "End" I had to hit the End button 9 times to get to the bottom of the page.

This change seems to affect normal views as well as Saved Searches.

Is this layout change meant to be permanent?

Is there a way to turn it off?

Here are some of the issues I have with it:
1) Cannot see all results by just grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it once. It has to be repeated multiple times (once every 50 results?).

2) Cannot use "End" to get to the bottom of the page by tapping it once. It has to be repeated multiple times (once every 50 results?).

3) Cannot use browser search (Ctrl-F) to find tasks unless you have first loaded all the results by scrolling to the bottom of the page.

4) Cannot gauge how many tasks there are in the current view from glancing at the scroll bar which, aside from being convenient, was a good indicator of whether or not you needed to scroll down.
Duo

Posted Aug 23, 2017 in: Dropbox
  • Duo
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2017
Eh? How do you add Dropbox to your Toodledo account for file attachments?
Duo

Posted Jul 03, 2017 in: Moving lots of tasks to subtask ...
Score: 3
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2017
  • Score: 3
I first asked about multi-select 4 years ago this October and when I did I pointed out that people had been asking for that feature on these forums for more than five years.

I last requested it just over a year ago.

Is there any plan to implement multi-select? I think that we can find public requests for it going back 9 or more years now.
Duo

Posted Jul 03, 2017 in: Removing Pagination on Tasks Beta
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2017
Posted by Jake:
There was a bug in our experiment that caused the pages to break at 10 tasks, which I agree is ridiculous. I have fixed the bug so pages now break at 200 tasks. The advantage that this gives is that lists load faster now. We're trying to find a tradeoff between pages loading fast and with enough information to be useful. Those people that like to load 2000+ task lists will notice a big improvement when the pages thing is turned on. So please give us some feedback now that the pages are a reasonable size.

The problem is that having not seen every task as expected even just a few times I now no longer trust what Toodledo displays. I find myself scrolling to the bottom and checking for pagination.

This is bad since I need to be able to trust the results.

As for the implementation itself, once you move back a page there is nothing at the top of a page to tell you what importance / context or whatever the first items on the page happen to be in. If you intend to implement this feature then this needs to be fixed.

Also 200 items is too low. If you intend to implement this feature then please make it an option that lets users choose how many tasks to display before pagination occurs and default it to "Off".

Surely those people loading 2,000+ tasks lists realize that it may be slow. Can't such users can segment their lists if they have a speed issue?

Is this an issue for any significant number of people? Maybe it is, I don't know - I just haven't seen it asked for repeatedly and I haven't seen it implemented in other task managers.

I'm sorry to say this, I really am, but I just can't figure out how Toodledo (the company) prioritises things. One of the basics of time management is that you do the most important things first. Yet again and again I see Toodledo effectively faffing around at the edges doing things that just don't seem to be important.

I see people asking for things like deeper hierarchies, multi-select, a user interface that wouldn't have been out of date in 1999, etc but still it seems that time is spent doing things that aren't high priority (based on what I see asked for repeatedly) at the opportunity cost of not doing other more important things.

Of course I may be wrong and you may be fixing important pain points for users but when I look at things asked for over repeatedly over the years that people are still waiting on, I have to wonder.

This message was edited Jul 04, 2017.
Duo

Posted Jun 21, 2017 in: Removing Pagination on Tasks Beta
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jun 21, 2017
Posted by Jake:
Thats the only thing

Okay, thanks. I'll switch away from the Beta until the feature can be disabled by the user or until it is removed.
Duo

Posted Jun 20, 2017 in: Removing Pagination on Tasks Beta
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2017
Posted by Jake:
Just something we are experimenting with. Which is why its on beta and not in production. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Jake,

So if I move off the Beta channel is there anything else I'll loose right now across the various parts of Toodledo or is pagination the only thing currently in beta?
Duo

Posted Jun 15, 2017 in: Removing Pagination on Tasks Beta
  • Duo
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2017
How do I remove the pagination on tasks beta?

Pagination appeared a couple of days ago and now arbitrarily limits the number of tasks that are visible and I can see no way to turn this off or change how it works.

Is it something people have been requesting? In its current state it seems to increase the risk of missing tasks.

If you are now adding new features, are there any updates on deeper hierarchies or the manual sorting of all tasks?

Also is there an ETA for the filter button at the bottom of the page to work again? Better yet is there any chance that the filter button at the bottom of the page will be changed to the "Peek" feature I suggested elsewhere a little while ago, which was: temporarily removing the filters thus allowing us to see hidden items but not requiring us to reset our filters afterwards?
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2016
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Nope, still doesn't work. I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and IE. Clearing of cache doesn't help, still stack at 90% on each browser.

Old-beta and non-beta work fine.

Does the new Tasks beta work if you use a Private or Incognito window?
Duo

• Duo
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2016
Posted by Jake:
Try clearing your browser's cache and reload the page.

Thanks, that solved the issue (actually I cleared all cookies and browsing data from Toodledo).

This message was edited Nov 09, 2016.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next