ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Scott"
Scott

Score: 0
  • Scott
  • Posted: May 27, 2015
  • Score: 0
I am not aware of any, maybe using something like IFTT to create triggers would work but it sounds rather hacky to me.
Scott

Posted Mar 05, 2015 in: Android App Updated and Redesigned
  • Scott
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2015
That's what I figured - it just seemed odd since I show the same version # as what is on the store so wanted to be sure. Thanks.
Scott

Posted Mar 05, 2015 in: Android App Updated and Redesigned
  • Scott
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2015
If I am using an older Android phone could that explain why I seem to be running the newest version but am not seeing the improvements / changes?
Scott

Posted Oct 10, 2013 in: Re-ordering tasks
  • Scott
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2013
I just don't know what happens to the manual ordering if you change the view? Subtasks are easy because the just fall under the parent task so they can stay in order, but if you manually adjust tasks and then view by folder what should happen to your ordering? Say then you view by due date, how do you get the manual ordering back? It sounds good in theory to manually view but I have no idea how they could make it work in conjunction with the other options.

If you don't do any of those other filters or views and really just want a manually ordered list - make one master task and make everything else a subtask. Then you can drag and drop them in any order you want.
Scott

Posted Oct 02, 2013 in: Re-ordering tasks
  • Scott
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2013
Absolutely Salgud, with the filtering capabilities available I can easily get a reasonably manageable list of tasks that are appropriate for me to choose from, and then based upon my current situation I can choose the one among them that I will work on. Putting them in some sort of anticipatory order is completely counterproductive to me. In the time it would take me to manually order things I can just pick the next one and start working on something.

And absolutely, the beauty of this is that everyone does work differently and some people's needs differ. Everyone should feel free to use this forum to ask for what you want, just don't assume it's what I want as well.
Scott

Posted Oct 02, 2013 in: Re-ordering tasks
  • Scott
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2013
Posted by dhbryant13:
Developers: here's why long-time users of Toodledo still yearn for - and consider leaving Toodledo for -- a list that can be sorted manually.

Wait - did we have a vote to have you speak for all of us? I must have missed that. Maybe change the we to I and the us to me and don't assume that everyone's needs are the same as yours.
Scott

Posted Sep 20, 2013 in: Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists, ...
Score: 1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2013
  • Score: 1
Posted by Richard Masters:

This is a relatively small bug but one that is really irritating. It would be so simple to correct but what is Toodledo's attitude to fixing it?
"Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about it"

I don't think it's a bug - it's a valid warning. The option to dismiss gets rid of the larger explanatory text box warning but leaves the small unobtrusive 'warning' at the top to remind that there is a potential issue. I would say they are thinking about if they want to remove a warning to a potentially serious data exposure or if they believe that having the warning stay as long as the issue is present is a better action.
Scott

Posted Sep 18, 2013 in: Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists, ...
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2013
you could just stay on the tasks tab and not use the rest, the lack of integration at this point makes it really easy to ignore the parts you don't need.
Scott

Posted Jun 28, 2013 in: Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2013
Nice - it's like having the mobile site open but having it anchored to the menu bar and easily accessible (with keyboard shortcut!) is fantastic.

Thanks for this.

sb
Scott

Posted Jun 13, 2013 in: Old Twitter API?
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2013
If only you had some sort of program where you could list the things you need to do and check them off when they are done.. ;-)

Glad I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing.

Posted by Jake:
Turns out that we did all the work to support the new API (months ago), but then didn't do the last step of switching over to using the new code. It has now been switched over, and I tested that I could add a task via Twitter and it worked.
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2012
which browser do you use? In chrome it's under extensions and in Firefox I think it's under add-ons. If you disable the stylish extension or add-on it will remove any custom styles you have added.
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2012
There is an Alfred Extension that can send DMs to Twitter which would seem to let you use all the syntax. I have used the extension and it works well although I haven't tried pushing to Twitter yet.

http://jdfwarrior.tumblr.com/alfredtweet

sb
Scott

Score: -1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2012
  • Score: -1
Yeah, I'm all current on OS. Maybe an Air thing?

I have had it lose connection a couple of times so it would stop adding tasks but resetting it worked. Does it even load or just not add the tasks?
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2012
Odd, I still run ToodleAir on my mac and it works well. I'd love to see a good Alfred Integration though.
Scott

Posted May 24, 2012 in: Improvements to Email Importer
  • Scott
  • Posted: May 24, 2012
I very much recommend the ToodleAir program for quick input of tasks. It uses the syntax, doesn't require the site to be open and while iI's unsupported now, it still seems to work pretty well for me.

https://github.com/jgallen23/ToodleAir

The thing I really like is that it's just a small input box that can sit atop other windows which is really handy for capturing notes and other details for the task.

Syntax on the quick add would be great as well!
Scott

Posted Mar 25, 2012 in: Default Start Date
  • Scott
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2012
In settings under new task defaults you can set the start day to today as default.

sb
Scott

Posted Feb 17, 2012 in: Completed task date is off by a day
  • Scott
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2012
Check your time zone in the settings area. It may be inconsistent with your system time and changing to reflect the difference.

sb
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2012
I don't have this problem with Sparrow. Under your Format menu see if you have the 'prefer plain text' option enabled and see if that makes a difference for you.

sb
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2012
fwiw I use Sparrow for email and my tasks come in just fine with the body as the note.

sb
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2012
I've implemented the 1 Minute ToDo (with modifications) after reading the PDF and I like the simplicity of it. Haven't gone past that to his other work yet but am pleased so far. The start date filtering / freshness idea is really quite good.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next