ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Paul"
Paul

Posted Dec 21, 2013 in: Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
Score: 0
  • Paul
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2013
  • Score: 0
How do you assign a due date to the task based on the trigger (such as a new google calendar event)?
Paul

Posted Nov 03, 2011 in: iOS third party tools
  • Paul
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2011
Got frustrated again with the Toodledo app. I'd really like subtasks to be handled better.

Tried 2Do again, and wheeeeee it looks pretty! Retina display graphic, purty colors. Handles subtasks nicely, too. A joy to use.

Also tried ToDo from Appigo again;, looks nice too.

One of them, however, screwed up my data during syncing (not sure which one), so I restored and I'm back to the official app.

I'm hoping the next version of the official app is in the works, and will include support for the retina display and better handling of subtasks.
Paul

Posted Nov 01, 2011 in: Siri and Toodledo
  • Paul
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2011
From the help:

"Then you just tell Siri "Tell Toodledo that I need to brush my teeth". Siri will send the email to Toodledo and Toodledo will turn it into a task."

I haven't been able to get this to work; it says it is sending the message but the task is never imported.

I can say, "Email Toodledo that I need to brush my teeth" and it does work, but it asks me what I want the message to say (the body of the email) before it will send (and I haven't figured out how to skip this step).

Anybody found a simple and reliable way to do this yet?
Paul

Posted Oct 19, 2011 in: Siri and Toodledo
  • Paul
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2011
RTM has a Siri interface. Does Toodledo?

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/siri/
Paul

Posted Oct 13, 2011 in: Toodledo and iOS5
  • Paul
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2011
I do have a rather large number of tasks, and scrolling does seem to be the trigger for crashing. I hope you're able to find this one. In the meantime, I'll be patient and wait until the sync is finished.
Paul

Posted Oct 11, 2011 in: Toodledo and iOS5
  • Paul
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2011
Will Toodledo need to be updated for iOS5?

If not, I'm hoping that my new phone and OS will solve all the crashing problems I'm having with the current version. Seems every time I sync, it crashes as soon as I interact with it. I have it set to sync on start/quit, but not on edit. If I sync immediately after a crash, it goes ok.
Paul

Posted Aug 22, 2011 in: Style based on dates?
  • Paul
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2011
Is there any way to use a style that highlights rows based on dates? For example, all start dates that are older than 3 months, highlight the row yellow. Does Stylish work that way?
Paul

Posted Aug 16, 2011 in: Please change how iOS handles subtasks!
  • Paul
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2011
Also, if you're displaying a sub-task that is due, it'd be handy to have the parent task in smaller text underneath, so I didn't have to open the sub-task and scroll down to see which parent it belonged to.

Thanks!
Paul

Posted Aug 15, 2011 in: Please change how iOS handles subtasks!
  • Paul
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2011
I use a LOT of subtasks in my work. I don't put due dates on the parents, but I do on sub-tasks.

When I filter the tasks on my phone, I leave sub-tasks nested so I'm not flooding with a zillion items that don't need action right then. Unfortunately, that completely hides the sub-tasks that are due in my hotlist.

One option would be to save the folder settings for each folder. For example, I could choose to view my business items folder with subtasks nested, but my hotlist with subtasks inline (which would show those that were due). As it is, all folders are using the same filter settings.

Ideally, and this is a much-wished-for item on the website as well, sub-tasks with the closest due date would apply their due setting to the due date of the parent.

Appigo's Todo app handles this very well. Unfortunately, they have sync issues that are enough to keep me searching for the best todo app.
Paul

• Paul
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2011
I'd like to use this, I really would. But until sub-task dating and handling is improved, I'll have to stick with ToDo from Appigo.
Paul

• Paul
  • Posted: May 20, 2011
I have dozens of tasks with hundreds of sub-tasks, so I have to view my list with sub-tasks collapsed. But, it'd be nice to see the next sub-task for each parent task at just a glance.
Paul

Posted Mar 25, 2011 in: Projects, Subtasks and Due Dates
Score: 1
  • Paul
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2011
  • Score: 1
Posted by PeterW:
@Paul - using the 'flattened' option can work. I also thought it would be useless but not entirely so.

I realize every situation is unique, and everyone is going to use Toodledo in their own personal way. Here's mine:

I own a photography studio, and I use Toodledo to keep track of my workflow. Each type of client (senior, family, baby etc.) has a project template containing several dozen tasks. Each time I shoot a new client, I clone that template and rename the parent task as the name of the client.

Right now I have just over 1500 tasks in my studio folder. I can filter by tags, but let's just say I want to look at seniors. Right now, I have 39 seniors in progress. Each has 33 subtasks (all the same). Looking at 1287 tasks in a flattened view is just not feasible for me. And, since they're all cloned from the same template, I would not be able to tell who each sub-task belonged to.

I prefer to see all the seniors as a single, parent task each with sub-tasks hidden. Then, when I see "John Smith" is due today, I can expand the sub-tasks and see exactly what needs to be done.

Appigo's ToDo app for the iPhone (which works exactly like this) is the current workaround for me, but that doesn't work for the web, or for my collaborator who tracks work via the web.

Like I said, everyone uses Toodledo differently, and however it works best for them. I'd really like to see the option to have parent tasks show up in the due today (or whenever) section based on the date of the earliest due sub-task.

And, in a perfect world and barely related to this, I'd like to see relative due dates for sub-tasks. For example, set a due date (or start date) for a parent task, and have each sub-task automatically set a due date based on a field such as "parent task start date plus 3 days" or "parent task due date minus 14 days". And then have have everything recalculate when changing a due date for a parent task.
Paul

• Paul
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2011
As do I.
Paul

Posted Mar 24, 2011 in: Projects, Subtasks and Due Dates
  • Paul
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2011
From the help:
It is important to understand the nesting behavior. When subtasks are nested, they will be hidden inside their parent task and will only be visible when you reveal them. This could cause you to forget about an important subtask.

For example, if you have nesting turned on, a subtask that is due today will not appear in the "Due Today" section unless the parent task is also due today. It is safer to view subtasks flattened out because they won't be hidden and potentially forgotten.

This is the behavior that I'd like to see changed. It may be safer to view subtasks flattened out, but that would show me hundreds of tasks and would rapidly become overwhelming.
Paul

Posted Mar 24, 2011 in: Projects, Subtasks and Due Dates
  • Paul
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2011
I like how Appigo's ToDo handles this, as well. The Toodledo developers have said that changing the functionality of sub-task and parent task due dates is on their list, but it can't come soon enough for me.

I have dozens of projects with multiple sub-tasks, and the only way I can begin to make sense of my list is to view it with subtasks hidden. But if a project has a sub-task due and the parent has no due date, it won't appear in the "due today" area.

Ideally, I'd like to see the parent task's due date be automatically set to the soonest due date of a sub-task.
Paul

Posted Mar 13, 2011 in: Dates for parent tasks
  • Paul
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2011
Appigo's ToDo app on the iPhone will show parent tasks as due when a subtask has a due date. This is great for the iPhone, but I'd really like to see on the web, too.
Paul

Posted Mar 02, 2011 in: Relative Due Dates Suggestion
  • Paul
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2011
I posted this in another topic (having parent task due dates being set by the earliest due sub-task, which I really, really would like to see), but I'm thought this suggestion might get buried in the discussion.

I use Toodledo to manage my workflow in a photography studio. I have template tasks for each class of customer (senior, sports, etc.). The parent task is the name of the customer, and I have 20 or so sub-tasks for each. Each time I get a new customer or job, I clone the template task, rename with the job name, and then customize and set due dates.

If I know when the entire job is due, I'd like to be able to set that date and have the sub-tasks populate with due dates relative to parent task date (or, if parent task due date is being controlled by the earliest due sub-task, have the dates calculated from the last sub-task (job complete)).

For example, I'd like to be able to set the due date for each sub-task to something like "parent task due date -4 days". Or, optionally, "parent task start date + 4 days". This way, when I have a client, I can clone the template, set one date (either start or due), and automatically populate all the sub-tasks with due dates. If the parent task due date changed for any reason, I'd like all the sub-task due dates to re-calculate.

I had this when I was using an online studio management program, and it was very, very useful
Paul

Posted Feb 28, 2011 in: Dates for parent tasks
  • Paul
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2011
Another option would be to not actually have the parent's due date controlled by a sub-task (in case we wanted to have an actual due date for the entire task), but still have the parent task (with hidden subtasks) show up in the "Due Today" or other dated sections as reflected by the earliest sub-task due date.

I use Toodledo to manage my workflow in a photography studio. I have template tasks for each class of customer (senior, sports, etc.). The parent task is the name of the customer, and I have 20 or so sub-tasks for each. I may have 40 or 50 active customers at a time, so having sub-tasks nested or flattened is clearly overwhelming. I'd like see that I need to do something in the "Jones" task today, click to show the subtasks and see exactly what I need to do.

And while I'm on the subject, something else I'd like to see is relative due dates for subtasks. For example, if I know I need to have the "Jones" task completed by a certain date, I'd like to be able to have automatic due dates for all the sub-tasks.

In my template task, I'd like to be able to set the due date for each sub-task to something like "parent task due date -4 days". Or, optionally, "parent task start date + 4 days". This way, when I have a client, I can clone the template, set one date (either start or due), and automatically populate all the sub-tasks with due dates. If the parent task due date changed for any reason, I'd like all the sub-task due dates to re-calculate.

I had this when I was using an online studio management program, and it was very, very useful.
Paul

Posted Feb 27, 2011 in: Dates for parent tasks
  • Paul
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2011
I want to give this a bump. I have parent tasks with many subtasks. While some individual sub-tasks have due dates, the parent does not, and does not show up as due soon.

I'd like to have the parent's due date be the earliest due date in the sub-tasks.
Paul

Posted Feb 10, 2011 in: Collapse all subtasks at once?
  • Paul
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2011
Is there a way to either collapse all the subtasks into their parent task at once, or open the view with the subtasks initially closed?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next