ForumsQuestionsToodledo and iOS5

Toodledo and iOS5
Paul

Posted: Oct 11, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Will Toodledo need to be updated for iOS5?

If not, I'm hoping that my new phone and OS will solve all the crashing problems I'm having with the current version. Seems every time I sync, it crashes as soon as I interact with it. I have it set to sync on start/quit, but not on edit. If I sync immediately after a crash, it goes ok.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 11, 2011
The last update (2.1.14) fixed most of the iOS5 issues that we could find. We have another update that we are preparing to submit to Apple today that will fix the remaining minor issues with iOS5.

There are a few reports of the app crashing when scrolling a list during a long sync operation. We have not yet been able to reproduce this or find out what is happening, so if this is what is happening to you, try to avoid scrolling the list while the sync is happening. We will continue to investigate this one.
craig1f

Posted: Oct 13, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
I don't see Toodledo in the notification settings. Are you planning any kind of update so that we can see our Toodledo list in the lock screen and/or the notification screen?
Paul

I do have a rather large number of tasks, and scrolling does seem to be the trigger for crashing. I hope you're able to find this one. In the meantime, I'll be patient and wait until the sync is finished.
craig1f

He also said it was during a sync operation. Maybe turn off auto sync, so you have to hit the button to sync? Just a thought.
erikbrux

After upgrading to iOS5 : all my tasks are away in my Todo application (appigo), but are now included in the build in "task list" from apple...

And her, on Toodledo, is is empty...
umacwestcovina

I upgraded to IOS5 now my Toodledo Apps won't open what did I do wrong? or What I didn't do?
TheUser

I had no problems opening the Toodledo app after updating to iOS 5, but I did run into that problem with a bunch of other apps. Try turning off your phone and turning it back on. Also, updating apps seemed to work. I heard that even if there isn't an update, deleting it and redownloading it fixes a lot of apps.

Also, the best way I found to get Toodledo into the Notifications area is through the calendar.

Enable Calendar subscriptions in Toodledo at this link:
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php

Then in your iPhone settings, subscribe to that calendar. Your tasks will now appear in your calendar, and your calendar of course appears in the Notifications area.

The drawback is that undated tasks won't appear there. It works even better than Outlook syncing with my work account to be honest. Hope this helps people!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 14, 2011
If you are experiencing problems after iOS5, please try the steps listed here. Sometimes updating the operating system can mess things up.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=80
runnergirl18

Posted: Oct 19, 2011
Can/will the tasks be included in the notifications center (where you slide down from top of the screen) in the new iOS 5? The reminders from Apple's built in reminders app show up but that app has nothing on you guys. :)

I have your app added to the notifications but my tasks never show up. If i'm doing something wrong or need to change a setting, let me know.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2011
Yes, the reminders can appear in the notification center. You just need to go into the Notification center preferences and tell it to put Toodledo in there. It doesn't do it by default.
David Mitchell

Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, the reminders can appear in the notification center. You just need to go into the Notification center preferences and tell it to put Toodledo in there. It doesn't do it by default.

I have added Toodledo to the notification center settings, but nothing ever shows up. What should I expect to show up? Do I have to set alarms for the tasks for them to show up?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, you need to set an alarm for a task too. Try this: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
David Mitchell

Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, you need to set an alarm for a task too. Try this: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85

To be honest that's a little clumsy for what I would like it to do. Ideally I'd be able to see the tasks which are either overdue or due today. I don't normally set alarms for tasks. I'd have to go back and set alarms for all of my old tasks, possibly changing the due date for overdue ones since I presume I can't easily generate an alarm for an overdue task. It also seems that marking a task as complete does not clear out the notification. In a nutshell, I'd like details on whatever tasks make up the count displayed in the badge.

I presume Apple has provided an API for this although I have not researched it. Clearly the Weather and Stock apps are using something other than standard push notifications.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you want every task to have an alarm, you can set a default alarm in your account settings for all future new tasks. You'll have to set them for any existing tasks, but going forwards, all new tasks will have alarms if this is what you want.
Wetty

Posted: Oct 21, 2011
Toodledo does not Appear in my German Notifikation Center. is this a Feature of the pro Version?
Jonathan_11

Will Toodledo support location based alarm reminders, like the Reminders app? Are there plans to integrate support for Siri, like one of your dairy-based competitors?
Purveyor

Toodledo already has reminders based on location. On your iOS device, go to Settings in Toodledo and then Field & Defaults and make sure that "Location" is in the list of "Fields Used". If not, then drag Location up from "Unused Fields" to "Fields Used" by using the 3-bar icon on the far right. Then go to Location Alarms in Settings.

On your iOS device, go to Settings, Notifications to put Toodledo in the Notification Center.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
We are looking into Siri support, but prefer to wait until Apple provides an official solution instead of the unofficial hack that RTM uses (I give them points for being clever though).
David Mitchell

Posted: Oct 24, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
If you want every task to have an alarm, you can set a default alarm in your account settings for all future new tasks. You'll have to set them for any existing tasks, but going forwards, all new tasks will have alarms if this is what you want.

Would this be the right forum to ask for this to be a feature request? Specifically for there to be a method to get tasks to list in the drop-down Notification Center without having to have an alarm set for them? If there was a way to make all the tasks which are included in the current badge count show up in the drop-down list that would be nice. Setting alarms is a clumsy and error-prone way of setting that up. It also doesn't seem that the alarms are removed from notification center when the tasks are marked complete. Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.