ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by KBC1-Gold-Expired-May2020"
KBC1-Gold-Expired-May2020

Score: 0
Just a wacky thought -- Toodledo is working fine for me over Chrome and Windows. It also works the way it always has on my iPad on iOS, just the way that Jake built it to work. So, I am in good shape with everything working the way I need it to.

Maybe some of you might want to buy a cheap used iPad on eBay or somewhere to get you by until the Android app is fixed and stable.

More discussion in this independent Slack group, totally independent from Toodledo, the company.

Look here >> https://tinyurl.com/rbn4hyb

Happy Toodledoing.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2020.

Posted Mar 26, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: -1
Hey, Barry.

I am as unhappy as you are about Jake selling Toodledo and the new owners fumbling the ball and not communicating with the user base. While I was a co-founder of only one tech company, not several like you, I do have some knowledge of how tech companies work in my capacity as an employee and consultant to a bunch of companies you might be familiar with.

Luckily for me, I am not having any of the problems that you describe, but I am not using Android. And I might not be using all the same features that you are using. I use TD through Chrome on a Windows desktop. I also have the iOS app loaded on some Apple devices including an iPhone and a couple of iPads.

Everything is working for me the same way it did a couple of years ago, under Jake's ownership. I have not noticed any differences.

I have noticed recently that my page loads on Chrome and Windows seem to be faster than before. But maybe that's just my Web connection (Cox Cable -- same connection I have had for 20 years).

I have looked at a bunch of alternatives to Toodleoo, but none of them is the same, and I am addicted / accustomed to the app that Jake built. My habits and task management techniques have evolved over the past ten years or so to fit Toodledo, and I hope that it stays around. There is more discussion in this independent Slack group >> https://tinyurl.com/rbn4hyb

I know that people who use Android want to stay with Android, but you might find a cheap used iPad on eBay or somewhere that will get you through until the Android app is fixed. Just a thought.

Happy Toodledoing.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2020.

Posted Mar 25, 2020 in: We’re Back
Hello everyone.

Glad to see a new message from Anant. I like ToodleDo enough that I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he delivers.

OTOH, if the information stream dries up again, here's a forum that is independent from Toodledo, as a backup resource.

Click on this link to join this independent discussion group on SLACK... https://tinyurl.com/rbn4hyb

Best regards, hoping for the best. Good luck, Anant.

Posted Feb 17, 2020 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
Please make a note that there is another forum on the same topic, totally independent from ToodleDo, that you can also use.

In the event that this ToodleDo discussion forum stops working for some reason, this independent one should continue for awhile...

Look here >> https://tinyurl.com/upqg86v

The link above will direct you to a Slack group.

Posted Feb 17, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 1
Please make a note that there is another forum on the same topic, totally independent from ToodleDo, that you can also use.

In the event that this ToodleDo discussion forum stops working for some reason, this independent one should continue for awhile...

Look here >> https://tinyurl.com/upqg86v

The link above will direct you to a Slack group.

Posted Feb 15, 2020 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Glad to see that this forum owned by ToodleDo is still working. I plan to keep using this forum as long as it stays working.

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzg4MDIzNTYwNDgyLWU4MzJhOGJmZDU1MTIzMzFlYTBi MTk4ZDFiYWNhNTEwOWUyMjY0M2JmNzhjODA1YzU5Y2Y0NGJiMjgwZDRkYWU

Paste the entire string in your browser, all the way to ZDRkYWU

Or, the following shorter link might also work, as long as TinyURL is around. >> https://tinyurl.com/upqg86v

(Just trying to future proof everything since some things on the Internet tend to disappear).

This message was edited Feb 15, 2020.

Posted Feb 15, 2020 in: TOODLEDO DOES NOT WORK ON CHROME
I use only Chrome. It works fine for me. Probably a setup issue on your local machine.

Posted Feb 15, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Glad to see that this forum owned by ToodleDo is still working.

https://join.slack.com/t/td-user-coop/shared_invite/enQtNzg4MDIzNTYwNDgyLWU4MzJhOGJmZDU1MTIzMzFlYTBi MTk4ZDFiYWNhNTEwOWUyMjY0M2JmNzhjODA1YzU5Y2Y0NGJiMjgwZDRkYWU

Paste the entire string in your browser, all the way to ZDRkYWU

Or, the following shorter link might also work, as long as TinyURL is around. >> https://tinyurl.com/upqg86v

(Just trying to future proof everything since things tend to disappear).

Posted Dec 12, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Okay, to answer my own question, above, I installed the TickTick Windows app and the iPad app. It does have an Import from ToodleDo function, but, you upload a csv file, not an xml file.

I think are important ToodleDo functions missing. Tags do not upload, but apparently you can add new tags to tasks. I did not find a batch edit function. Did I miss it / is it there somewhere?

It is hard to evaluate the free version, since important parts are missing. I guess you can pay the fees, do an eval for a few days, and then request a refund if you do not like it. That seems like a hassle. Depending on how you pay, you might have to request the refund from Apple or PayPal. That's always been a major hassle for me in the past when I tried to do that.

Too bad they do not have a limited 5 day trial or something, where you can see the whole app without paying.

Also, my tasks include names and phone numbers and email addresses of my friends and colleagues. I am not sure how secure this solution is, so that worries me. I guess I could say the same about ToodleDo, especially with the new owners...

SO... not ready to switch away from ToodleDo. If it goes away, I will consider TickTick, but there are some thing missing for me.

After a very quick look at TickTick, I like RTM better.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2019.

Posted Dec 12, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
@ShelbyP: You say you are moving to TickTick. Does that have a simple command that you can use to upload your entire ToodleDo XML backup and then get the essential functionality of ToodleDo to read your tasks, see the dates and times, set alarms and receive alarms, etc.?

The one thing I like about RTM is that is has an "import from ToodleDo function." I have about five years of tasks, recurring tasks, and notes with tasks in my ToodleDo file that I would rather not re-type.

Thanks...

This message was edited Dec 12, 2019.

Posted Dec 09, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
In reference to the September 12, 2019 discussion here:
https://app.slack.com/client/TMXDDR9M0/CNCD2SRSA/thread/CNCD2SRSA-1573443313.026300

-------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone spoken with Sam, Ramon, Anant or anyone else about some of the users on _this_ forum acquiring the current ToodleDo source code (possibly PinkJava?) and installing it on a SaaS server somewhere to assure that we can continue using it if they decide to shut down the current ToodleDo.com server?

Maybe a group effort / shareware / open source / arrangement could maintain it and keep it running for awhile (without any significant changes)?

???

This message was edited Dec 09, 2019.

The other forum (on Slack) is still running as of today. It should continue to work for awhile if the ToodleDo server goes down.
There is some good information there and a few suggestions that might be useful to some users. Start by reading the first messages posted in September.

Paste all of the URL below into your browser all of the way to the end including ZDRkYWU

Score: 2
There are a lot of messages over the past six months that some users have probably not read. Here is a quick summary of my thoughts.

Remember to do frequent backups in both XML and CSV. You can always read your lists using Excel and the CSV file. If the ToodleDo server goes down, can upload your XML file to RTM (Remember the Milk) and see most of what you have in your TD files. Maybe not all of the notes.

I was happy with ToodleDo a few years ago. I do not need any feature updates or changes. Just maintenance to keep it current with standards and continue running as it has been running. The Web app has everything I need to keep doing what I have been doing for ten years. The mobile App works fine on both my iPhone and my iPads (I have several). Perhaps I am not as demanding as some of the others in this forum.

I have a Gold subscription that is good for another 9 months or so. And I bought that so-called "life" subscription that was offered earlier this year. I occasionally backup my Gold subscription and upload it into the lifetime subscription, that I hope will work for another 5 years or so.

There is a lot of repetitious complaining in this forum, people saying the same thing over and over. I agree with much of what is being said by the users. But some folks seem to have unreasonable expectations. This is a very inexpensive SaaS app, and you cannot expect the world. I doubt that Jake made much money while he was running it, and the new owners were probably surprised with how much work there was for little revenue. Typical for the software business.

All of our complaining does not do much to solve the problems we face as a group. Look back over some of the messages from this year, and see if you can offer any solutions. OR... suggest somewhere we can all migrate together. Maybe RTM? Maybe somewhere else? I will be happy if a server is running somewhere where I can read and access and update my TD xml files via desktop and iPhone / iPad. I am not expecting perfection.

By the way, has anyone been in contact with Jake? He's the one who could resolve all of this.

Thanks...

Posted Oct 22, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Hey, folks. I just used Google News to search the term "ToodleDo." The attached is what I found. What are these? Are these just affiliate links to the expired lifetime deal, or are they new?

https://www.google.com/search?q=toodledo&sxsrf=ACYBGNQS7T_DdUuKMHeeSoWYV0NZWbgNzg:1571768240695&sour ce=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgmZ_9vLDlAhWFqp4KHdPtCNIQ_AUIEigB&biw=1224&bih=598

(Copy and past everything, up to and including =598)

This message was edited Oct 22, 2019.

Score: 1
(P.S. I have no connection with or any vested interest in RTM. I just have a free account there that allows me to view and use my master ToodleDo file that I back up regularly. I have two paid accounts at ToodleDo and have been a TD use for about ten years. I would much prefer to continue using ToodleDo, but I would like to have a contingency plan in the event that ToodleDo goes away.)

Question for everyone here...

RTM has both a free and a paid version. If TD is going to go away, it would be nice to have an alternative that we could move to. And there is a "file import from ToodleDo" function in RTM that seems to work okay (although some TD features are not available).

_What features_ of ToodleDo would you want them to add to RTM before you were willing to export your master file from ToodleDo and import it into RTM? There are some essential features from ToodleDo that are missing in RTM for me. What are those features and functions for you?

==========================================

Feel free to post your answer here, or... if possible, please post your answer in the new forum that has been started.

Below is a new link to that forum... paste the entire link into your browser... up to and including ZDRkYWU

--------------------------------------

C5000 wrote: I vastly prefer ToodleDo to RTM.
=====================================

Yeah, I think everyone above agrees with you. That's why we are here.

My logic is this -->> if the popular second choice is RTM, and RTM has a team of developers located within a few miles of TD, and they are experienced programmers who know TD's market and space, why not have them work with Anant on TD? The alternatives are: Anant has to find an all new group of developers who do not understand TD, its customers or its markets, or (more likely) just shut down TD and let it die... (meaning that many of us will then switch to RTM).

It would be less painful for me to have the RTM development team work with Anant, keep TD alive, keep both products up-to-date, and give us a choice? Eventually, the forces of the market and the need to reduce expenses will probably result in the two products morphing together to offer the best features of both in a consolidated hosted solution. Whatever the case, a better solution that TD dying and disappearing, no?

-------------------

Can we continue this discussion in the new forum that has been started?

Below is a new link to that forum... paste the entire link into your browser... up to and including ZDRkYWU

This message was edited Oct 22, 2019.

Posted Oct 18, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Pawelkaleta wrote: I'd prefer current TD team to stay away from RTM, let's have at least one tool still functioning and being supported by the owners
----------------------------

Sorry, don't understand. Can you please expand on that? What do you mean?

---------------------------

I was assuming that RTM has a functional team in or near San Francisco. They have a product similar to ToodleDo and understand this space. Would they be a good resource to take over the maintenance of ToodleDo? Anant has said that he needs to recruit a new team. Why not use a team that already knows this space? If the two groups ultimately end up merging, would that be bad?

This message was edited Oct 18, 2019.

Posted Oct 18, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
The Slack link (above) was supposed to have no expiration, but maybe it expired.

Below is a new link that should not expire... paste the entire link into your browser... up to and including ZDRkYWU

Posted Oct 17, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
I signed up for an RTM free account today and uploaded my TD file. I still like TD better, but RTM could work for me. There may be a few things missing from RTM, like notes, and maybe some other things.

I’d be happy if these two companies found a way to work together, or even merge.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2019.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next