tsinvest

Posted Jan 06, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2019
  • Score: 0
Posted by Duo:
Posted by sknipfing:

It's still reporting a price increase to $60 annually for Gold. Too much. I am seriously looking at ticktick right now. They seem to be everything that toodledo should be but at a cost of just $27.99 annually.

TickTick is pretty good. I've used it in the past and I'm currently looking at it again, although I think that Todoist is probably best for me for now with an eye on ClickUp as a possible alternative some time in the future when they have added more features / fixed some bugs.

In the past I have found TickTick support to be responsive and they have even delivered features I have asked for and they continue to improve their offering with useful features and UI improvements.

So far my experience with TickTick is top notch. I love how it syncs across all devices Android, iPad, Web and Windows.
tsinvest

Posted Jan 02, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2019
  • Score: 1
Posted by sknipfing:
I've got a year at current pricing before I need to make the switch. No way I will pay $90/yr for this product. $30 was my limit. So far my shortlist to replace Toodledo is
- Any Do
- Todoist
- We Do
- TickTick
- Remember the Milk
- Quire
- Asana
- Nozbe

This is no particular order. What I a looking for is
- Folders
- Sub Tasks
- Repeating Tasks
- Due Dates
- Status
- Can email to set up tasks
- Can attach notes to tasks
- Web and IOS
- Tags
- Priorities

It's a shame that the new owners are failing. I had high hopes...

I purchased the Pro subscription of TickTick and so far I really like it. It is cross platform so I can use it on my Android phone, iPad and my Windows computer. It syncs perfectly and has a ton of features that aren't really apparent until you start using it. If I'm not mistaken it can do everything in your list above. The new team at Toodledo lost my confidence so I decided to try another service. So far I am pretty certain I will stick with TickTick. In addition to the above it has a calendar feature that is very handy and helps with tracking your tasks. Good luck with your decision.
tsinvest

Posted Dec 31, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2018
Posted by Larry2:
Well, I guess I'm gone. I just checked the pricing starting Jan 1 and now there are 3 plans. Free, Silver, Gold. Same names but wow, the prices.
Old Silver plan (the one I"m on) is now $60/yr where it was $20/yr. 200% increase.

It's apparent that the new owners are not very adept at running a business. First rule, the customer always comes first, then everything else will fall into place. I haven't seen, felt or heard any concern for the customer in these forums. It is almost like this is what we are going to do and this is what you are going to pay - a very unsuccessful formula for a new business venture.
tsinvest

Posted Dec 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2018
  • Score: 2
Posted by Duo:
Posted by J.O.D:
I am convinced that these will be the new plans that will make it public on January 1st for new users or users with subscriptions expired, so we should see them on the landing page without logging in.

If this is what they are planning to do then it will be one more poor decision made by the new team - unless their intention was to drive away as many prospective new users as possible and convince as many existing users as possible that this project was going down in flames. In which case, their plan has been a resounding success.

I must agree with you. It's sad and quite unbelievable that the new owners would be so unresponsive and vague about what is going on. I guess Jake spoiled us. At least he interacted and we new where we stood on matters. That's why I switched to TickTick, they seem to have there stuff together and also keep their users informed. To bad to see Toodledo go down like this.
tsinvest

Posted Dec 29, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2018
Posted by LUFC FAN:
I agree - too much of a jump in price. I just switched to Tick Tick. Very nice layout and good support. $30 a year for all features, so almost half of what the new Toodledo subscription will be. Sorry to leave

I also just switched to TickTick and must say I really like it so far. With TickTick if you use it for a day or so you begin to see the many features it has to offer, features that aren't apparent in a few minute trial. They charge $27.95 for a one year subscription. Their UI is way better on Android than Toodledo and they sync among all your devices, in my case a windows laptop, ipad and android phone. Worth a try IMO.

This message was edited Dec 30, 2018.
tsinvest

Posted Dec 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2018
If I'm not mistaken I believe Ultimate Todo List emailed its users and said unless we pay for Toodledo we won't be able to sync with it. The Ultimate Todo List is probably the best single user featured todo list available.
tsinvest

Posted Dec 14, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2018
A few thoughts. My setup was the Ultimate Todo List on my Android phone and Toodledo on my laptop. UTL is a great program but now I have been using 2do on my phone and syncing it via Dropbox which allows me to pull it up on my iPad also. Unfortunately this leaves me no solution for my laptop, but that’s okay for the way I work. 2do is an excellent task app for those of you who haven’t tried it. I’m a little concerned with paying for Toodledo. There are signs that concern me. They lost a programmer for one. They still haven’t changed the pricing on their opening page. It still shows $4.99/month for the Silver plan and $7.99 for the Gold plan. They barely participate in the forums. All this has made my confidence level fall quite a bit. I’m taking a wait and see attitude before I commit to using them again.
tsinvest

Posted Nov 29, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2018
Posted by Joyce:
I agree with Scott, What gives?

I find it odd that Aaron doesn’t reply or respond to any of these posts. Doesn’t seem too customer centric to me.
tsinvest

Posted Nov 17, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2018
I don’t wish Aaron any ill will with his new venture with Toodledo. I vented in prior posts however I’m not that type of person, I was upset that now my third party todo app would no longer sync with Toodledo unless I paid a higher fee. Using Toodledo for over ten years, paid and free, it upset me that I now had to re-evaluate my task procedures. Toodledo is a good app and Jake did a good job keeping it relevant. I think that if Aaron listened to his user base and communicated more frequently with them things may evolve for the better. I wish Toodledo, its users and new owners well and I hope they find an equilibrium that keeps everyone happy. I’m on the sidelines for now but I’ll keep checking in from time to time. Best of luck to all.
tsinvest

Posted Nov 15, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 3
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2018
  • Score: 3
As I mentioned before it is a sad day to see how the new ownership of toodledo disregards those of us who have been loyal to the app for years. I have been a user for more than a decade. I don't like what I see and have already moved on. In my business the customer ALWAYS comes first. I think Aaron and company have their priorities out of line. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.
tsinvest

Posted Nov 08, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2018
Posted by DrFrankBuck:
I agree. If you give me a free car and it doesn't have a sunroof, I'm OK with that. But if give me a free car that has no reverse gear, it's not going to get the job done. Sure, I could make sure I never pull into a garage and allows park in such a way that another car won't park in front of me. But, I'm not going to be interested, even if it's free. To me, with a task manager, subtasks and attachments are like the sunroof. Forwarding emails is like the reverse gear.

I emailed Aaron about that very point and did not hear back. That became the deciding factor for leaving Toodledo in favor of Remember the Milk.

Posted by joelhfx:
The old pricing plan was reasonable. I would argue that some free features should be premium but the fact that the new standard pricing plan doesn't include add tasks via email is outrageous.

Sounds to me like they are going to be losing a lot of people. The old toodledo was very fair and reasonable, it's sad to see them go.
tsinvest

Posted Nov 07, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2018
[/quote]Posted by Jim_Lewis:
So I'll see how my workaround for Task History works. One can also get a lot of the functionality of Toodledo out of the Android app The Ultimate ToDo List but instead of using it with Toodledo at a greatly increased subscription cost, one could simply use The Ultimate ToDo List with Google Tasks instead, for free.[/quote]

I'm currently using The Ultimate ToDo List with Google Tasks and that works very well. The Ultimate ToDo List probably has the best feature set of any ToDo app out there. The other app I am trying is 2do which is also another good alternative. Both of these mentioned apps are very easy to customize to suit your tastes.

This message was edited Nov 07, 2018.
tsinvest

Posted Nov 03, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2018
  • Score: 1
For those unhappy about this new, ridiculous pricing plan I would suggest you go onto the Google Play site and voice your displeasure publicly under Toodledo. It is unbelievable the new owners are only giving a week history for $36/year. Plus the next level of $60/year is quite expensive when there are so many other good todo apps to choose from.

This message was edited Nov 03, 2018.
tsinvest

• tsinvest
Posted by cfrazierjr:
I see a lot of complaints about the task history being only one week. The easiest way around this is to setup an IFTTT rule. I link mine to Evernote. Anytime I complete a toodledo task, it automatically creates a note in Evernote in a notebook dedicated to completed tasks. This way I keep a full task history and is easily searchable.

However, I agree that one week for $36/year is definitely not a good deal.

The only reason it is one week for $36/year is to get you to pay $60/year for a longer history. It is really too bad and a sad day to see a once really good todo application go down the drain because of greed. And Arron calls this New and Exciting news - for who, him or his users? So be it...time to move on.

tsinvest

• tsinvest

tsinvest

Posted Jul 11, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2018
Posted by Jim_Lewis:
Haven't read through all the previous posts but besides a dark theme, having a ToodleDo "skill" for each of the various ambient AI assistants might be helpful to many users. I'm kinda a "Microsoftie" and I like to be able to set reminders and add tasks to Wunderlist using Harmon-Kardon Invoke Cortana. I'd rather do it with ToodleDo. I've set up ToodleDo to get Grocery List items and Shopping List items through IFTTT channels but it's kinda clunky. You can't create a new list on the spot. Using Note to Self in Android and the Ultimate To-Do List works reasonably well to add items to ToodleDo via the Ultimate To-Do List but there is too much manual interaction whereas with Wunderlist and the HK Invoke Cortana, you can create both an item and a new list for it to go into at the same time, all verbally. (Sorry, I haven't tried the Android ToodleDo app; it's so clunky, I hardly ever use it).

Don't know if the Ultimate To-Do List is for sale (to add to the ToodleDo stable) but by far, it is my preferred task management app. Some of its features and abilities differ from ToodleDo, like the ability to manually reorder tasks in a list just by dragging them. I think a good selling point of both ToodleDo and The Ultimate To-Do List is that you can use these apps as simply or as powerfully as one wants. I hope the new owners of ToodleDo if they add or change features will keep that it mind. A lot of users just want simple list-making/list-sharing as found in Wunderlist/MS ToDo as their starting point. It's wonderful to have the power of ToodleDo/The Ultimate To-Do List when you need it but an app that's easy to pick up when you first start using it will attract and keep the most users over the long term. For me, the reason I need/want ToodleDo above anything else is the ability to do very powerful searches, to save the search configuration as views, and then to do Batch Edits of a view as I need to (delete completed recurring tasks).

Must agree with Jim, I’ve tried them all and for me the Ultimate To-Do List is by far the best Android Toodledo third party client available. The UTDL, feature wise, is probably the best todo app currently on the market. It needs a bit of UI updating, however if the new toodledo owners were to acquire UTDL , what a great combination that would be.
tsinvest

• tsinvest
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2015
Hi Jake,

I am using outlines in the Android App. I tap on part of the outline I want to edit and the keyboard pops up and covers the text I want to edit and then when I try to slide the text up a bit the keyboard closes.

Thanks, Tom
tsinvest

• tsinvest
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2015
The outliner is very useful and works great on my windows pc, however whenever I go to edit the outline on my Droid Turbo the keyboard covers the text I want to edit. When I try to pull the text up the keyboard closes. So, I can't edit the outline text on my handheld once the outline is long enough to extend below the keyboard. HELP
tsinvest

Posted Nov 10, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • tsinvest
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2015
Hi Jake,

Haven't had a chance to explore it as much as I'd like, but I can say that it is such an improvement over what it used to be. I like how we can customize the list views online and I especially like how we can print the list with only the information we want to see. You have added and redesigned some truly helpful and great features. Keep up the great work. I like!

Thanks, Tom
tsinvest

• tsinvest
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2015
Recently I started to use the toodledo android app on my Motorola Droid Turbo...was using a 3rd party app. Nevertheless everything looked good and worked well until I tried setting a reminder. The only choice toodledo gave me was one hour before the event. I had no choice for 5min before, 15min before...etc, etc. Because of this I had to go back to the third party program I was using. This was disappointing since the app looked like it has come a long way. I was a bit surprised since reminders seem to be a big part of any todo app...love to see this get fixed.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next