ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Mike Curl"
Mike Curl

Posted Jun 02, 2013 in: Four Suggestions
Score: 0
After taking a little time to get accustomed to the new UI, I now have four suggestions for the next iOS update.

1. Without changing the size of the font, would it be possible to increase the height of the "Folder", "Due Date", and "Recent" buttons? It's easy to select "All Tasks", Hotlist", or "Starred" due to their size, but my fat fingers have a problem hitting the other buttons because they are too small.

2. Since "Today" is selected so often, could a dedicated button for this selection be added to the stack? I know that the Hotlist button could be defined for Today only, but I like having the option of having other definitions for this button.

3. I suggest moving the "Note" field back to the bottom of the Task Details pane. Under the current design, the other fields (Subtasks, Folder, Due Date, etc.) move up and down, depending on the length of the note (if any). I prefer having the variable length of the Note field on the bottom where it doesn't affect the position of the other fields on the screen.

4. Last, but not least, please darken the fill that shows which item is currently selected. Depending on the lighting conditions and angle of the iPad screen, it can be very difficult to tell what has been selected. This isn't a fatal flaw, but it does slow down the process of being sure that I am making changes to the correct items.

Thanks.
Mike Curl

Posted Feb 28, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 2
I am one of the users who complained about the 3.0 version and was very happy to revert to the previous UI through the 3.0.1 update. I promised myself that I would wait before downloading the next update until I had a chance to read the new comments and reviews.

That was a great plan, but it's not really working out very well. So far, there seems to be a wide split in the opinions being posted. Users apparently either love the 3.0.2 version or hate it with equal passion.

Is there a clean way to install the update while maintaining the ability to go back to 3.0.1? I could be happy with 3.0.1 from now on, but I don't want to reject the new version without giving it a fair test. I just want to be able to go back if that test shows that I am in the "hate it" group.
Mike Curl

LockeNYC,

I tried to use your method to restore the deleted earlier version of Toodledo, but the "EaseUS Mac Undelete" app won't let me select a volume. I can select any mounted volume and click on "Next", but the only thing that happens is a message pops up asking me to select a volume. Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks.
Mike Curl

Score: 3
Thank you, Salgud.

If Toodledo had been a mediocre product before, the current problems would not have been so disappointing by comparison. I was one of the biggest fans of the uncluttered UI and the speed of the app. I was a very happy camper, but now, not so much.
Mike Curl

Score: 1
Since Version 3.0 has been acknowledged to be so bad, would it be possible to put the old version back up as Version 3.1 so we could get the good UI back while TD works to fix the problems?
Mike Curl

Posted Oct 07, 2012 in: Sorting Locations Within A Task
When I set up my list of locations in the settings, they are nicely in alphabetical order. The same thing is true about the list of locations that pops up when I tap the field within a task.

However, when I tap "Locations" from the main menu on my iPad, the list that comes up is apparently in the order that the locations were added, not alphabetical. I don't see any way to change the sort order. The selection process still works. It's just a quibble about the interface.

I almost hate to ask about such a small matter since I love everything else about Toodledo. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Mike Curl

Posted Jul 13, 2012 in: Cloning a task on the iPad
Excellent. This app just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Mike Curl

Posted Jul 13, 2012 in: Cloning a task on the iPad
I see how to make a clone of an action on the web version of Toodledo, but is there a direct way to do the same thing on the iOS version on the iPad?

This message was edited Jul 13, 2012.
Mike Curl

Posted Jul 11, 2012 in: Search On The iPad
Indeed there is! I didn't expect the search field to be hidden like that.

Thanks.
Mike Curl

Posted Jul 11, 2012 in: Search On The iPad
I can see how to use the various filters on the iPad for finding records by the folder, star status, and date ranges. However, I don't see any way to do a simple search for a word or phrase in the records.

Search capability is available on the web version, but it just doesn't seem to be on the iPad version. Am I missing something?

Thanks.