ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Scott Florack"
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 28, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
I suspect that StackSocial either receives a certain number of licenses to sell or they allow the companies to relist their products. Either way, their "Sale Ends in X Days!" statements are just marketing tactics.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 25, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
Correct. I had a subscription many months ago, but allowed it to lapse when they suggested tripling the price.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Standby:
You must use the same email as you have in ToodleDo to make the purchase.

That's actually not true. I have my own domain and used two separate email addresses: one to purchase from Android Central Digital Offers (aka StackSocial) and another one for my Toodledo account (which I've had for 7-8 years).

You receive a gift code from StackSocial and just add it to your Toodledo account. I think the people are only having issues when they already have a paid account and the system doesn't know how to handle upgrades or extensions.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
I've purchased several "lifetime subscriptions" from StackSocial over the years: PureVPN, VPN Unlimited, WindScribe, iDrive and Arch Hosting. All services are up and running, my accounts are working completely fine, and I feel like I've "earned my money back". StackSocial's (aka Android Digital Offers, which is how I've known them as) customer service is even pretty decent. They refunded a purchase I later regretted with minimal hassle despite a no return policy.

Therefore, I feel any risk you take is with Toodledo, not StackSocial. And that risk is Toodledo performing a quick cash grab before shutting down the servers. As others have mentioned, as long as the grab (and regular subscribers) pays the operating costs, I don't really foresee them shutting down within the breakeven point of 8 months ($5/mo x 8 months = $40 lifetime). Where I am financially, it's personally worth the risk.. and I won't deny there is a small amount of "well, you should have taken my $20/year -- that I was gladly paying -- but then you got greedy" told you so/pride going on, too. :)
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Scott... Did you upgrade a paid account or a free account? I tried to do the lifetime on a free account that I have had for a few years which had self-downgraded from Silver when the sub expired. I could not get the StackCommerce lifetime code to work. All I got was "loading" for a half hour, and then I gave up. It seems to me that you might have to open a brand new free account, and then get the lifetime upgrade to that new account.

I HAD a paid account, but when I upgraded to the lifetime Plus, I was not a paying customer. So you don't need a NEW account, but you may confuse the system if you already have a paid one..

Summary: Be careful with the lifetime account. It may or may not work for everyone. AND, they also warn you that you must contact support after five years to renew the lifetime account, presumably for free but that is not really clear.

I stated that you needed to contact CS every 5 years in my original post.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
For anyone curious.. it's a legit offer. I purchased it the other day because I felt I have nothing to lose. Redeemed the code, no problem -- instant upgrade to Plus.

I'm still using Todoist as my main to-do manager, but figured I'd use Toodledo as my "brain dump" list. Since they have decent export tools, I'm not concerned with losing anything I store here, even if it shuts down tomorrow.

But yeah.. I agree that more than likely this service will be on autopilot for the foreseeable future.
Scott Florack

https://stacksocial.com/sales/toodledo-plus-lifetime-subscription

You receive a code and redeem it in Toodledo. Subscription needs to be manually renewed by CS every 5 years.
Scott Florack

The whole business model is quite humorous. They alienated their longtime customers by tripling the yearly fee, and now they're selling a lifetime subscription at the Plus level for nearly half the yearly rate.

Cash grabs are never a good sign, but you might as well get the deal. If they are still around in 9 months you'll have broken even.
Scott Florack

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 12
While the new prices are better that what was previously announced, Toodledo is still asking for more money while providing less value (features), with only the promise of a better tomorrow.

More specifically, I currently pay $20/year. (Which used to be $15/year two years ago.) Toodledo wants me to pay $36/year -- a 55% increase -- to lose the ability to email a task, go from 5 to 1 collaborators, lose the scheduler feature, and go from a two year history to a one week history. Why would that sound like a good deal?

I understand development cost money, but considering your competition already has a decent mobile too (and many of the things Aaron mentions on the roadmap)l, why would it make any sense to invest in your future when I can have it now from your competition?

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
Scott Florack

Posted Apr 19, 2018 in: Hotlist
The UI says, "0 means overdue tasks only. 1 means today or older", so you should set due date to 1. (Of course, that doesn't address your problem with seeing tasks with due dates weeks from now.)
Scott Florack

Posted Dec 17, 2016 in: "Sunday" instead of "2016-12-18"?
Wonderful, thanks, Jake!
Scott Florack

Posted Dec 16, 2016 in: "Sunday" instead of "2016-12-18"?
Is there a way to have dates in the upcoming week be displayed by the day-of-the-week (Sunday), instead of the date (2016-12-18)?

When I quickly scan my list, it's more meaningful how quick a deadline is approaching when it says "Sunday" as opposed to a date. (It requires my typically slow mind to remember what the date is and do the math as to how far away the deadline is.)

If not, can this be added to the feature set?

Thanks!

This message was edited Dec 16, 2016.
Scott Florack

Posted Oct 14, 2016 in: Tasks Beta - Stuck on "Loading 90%"
Score: -1
Not sure why I should have known to look in the "News" forum, pawelkaleta, but glad that it's been fixed.
Scott Florack

Posted Oct 14, 2016 in: Tasks Beta - Stuck on "Loading 90%"
Received the notification to try the beta.. I was presented with the "whats new" screens, and now I'm stuck at "Loading 90% Please wait". Can't see any tasks. Tried logging out and back in, but still the same thing.
Scott Florack

Posted Feb 24, 2015 in: Reminders Syncing
Great, thanks for the clarification, Jake.
Scott Florack

Posted Feb 23, 2015 in: Reminders Syncing
I have Reminders Syncing enabled on my iPhone. However I've noticed that I have to open the Toodledo app before the reminder is pulled into Toodledo. Is this the expected behavior? I have Background App refresh for Toodledo enabled.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2015.
Scott Florack

Posted Oct 20, 2010 in: Appigo Todo checklist format
Great, thanks.
Scott Florack

Posted Oct 15, 2010 in: Appigo Todo checklist format
Can anyone confirm this?
Scott Florack

Posted Feb 18, 2009 in: Feature Request: Wishlist
I just bought a house, and starting to realize that there are many home improvement items I want to purchase. In the past, I've used Amazon to manage my wishlist. Unfortunately the item has to be sold by Amazon (or it's partners) for me to tag it.

I wouldn't think it would require a lot of programming within Toodledo. Just a few fields (item, price, weblink, etc) with the ability to prioritize items.
Scott Florack

Posted Feb 09, 2009 in: Support MIA Part II
I'm not asking questions in the forum.

I'm clicking on the Help & News link (http://www.toodledo.com/info/index.php), then Contact Us (http://www.toodledo.com/info/contact.php) and finally Support Ticket (http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php).

In following my own directions, there *has* been a screen "added" to the top portion of Support Tickets, which says "Your Support Tickets". This screen hadn't appeared before, or else I wouldn't have submitted a second ticket.

Regardless, my questions have been answered and I'll extend my trial subscription. I'd only recommend that your system contact me (via email i.e.) to let me know a ticket has been addressed; I can't be the only one who this has happened to... ;)
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next