ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Scott Florack"
Scott Florack

Posted Dec 05, 2022 in: Repeated Tasks
Score: 0
Posted by martingchapman:
The tasks you see in TD depend on the view you are using and the settings for that view.

You could also change the due date to "optionally on" then these tasks would auto complete after the due date.

Completely understand the first part, but this doesn't seem to view issue. Sure, I can hide overdue tasks, but that's not my point; it's how Toodledo handles repeated tasks.

I may go the optionally on route if that's the only solution.
Scott Florack

Posted Dec 04, 2022 in: Google Calendar: how long to sync ?
Hey, Phil.

Google takes a long time to sync calendars, regardless whether you go the webcal/ICS route or the Google Sync route, but tasks should start appear almost instantaneously after you create the sync. Did you authorize Google permissions to sync with Toodledo?

This message was edited Dec 05, 2022.
Scott Florack

Posted Dec 02, 2022 in: Repeated Tasks
That's happens to me a LOT.

Let's say I have a weekly task that I've been completing and forgetting to check off (i.e., take out the trash on Monday for Tuesday) for the past four weeks. On the web interface, I have to check off the task from four weeks ago, refresh the page, then check off the task from three weeks ago, refresh the page, etc.

I'm trying to think how my other task managers handle that situation (Todoist and TickTick), and I believe they it only displays the most recent task. In my example, I would only see this Monday's task to take out the trash for Tuesday.

Any feedback from either users or devs would be great!
Scott Florack

Posted by PamelaH:
Hi -
Notes is currently being beta tested -- if you install the app via TestFlight you should see your notes there. Not all features are there yet, but would love to hear your feedback to help us prioritize our efforts.

It's not immediately apparent (maybe not even possible) how to delete a task in the Android app.

Also a home screen widget to quickly add/view notes would be great.
Scott Florack

I don't know that this will specifically help since I primarily use Alexa and not Google Assistant, but maybe you can get something out of it.

I use AnyList for building grocery lists and creating those hand-free tasks, and they sync to Alexa's shopping and to-do list, respectively. I then go into the web based Alexa app and paste tasks into Toodledo.

Not ideal if you create a ton of tasks hands-free, but for those moments of tremendous epiphanies, it's nice to have.
Scott Florack

Posted Sep 06, 2022 in: Can I delete all my tags?
Score: 1
https://www.toodledo.com/organize/tags.php
Scott Florack

Posted Jun 06, 2022 in: Revamped web app?
Score: 2
I don't see Toodledo making major UI changes (but what do I know). Regardless, add my vote to keeping the interface as more "spreadsheet based". The approach is unique and simple.
Scott Florack

Posted Mar 22, 2022 in: AMA / Ask me Anything
Score: 3
Posted by NewLifetimePlus2019Aug:
Lifetime Subscriptions / A number of us purchased lifetime subscriptions about 5 years ago, and some of them show expiration dates in the year 2024. Please look into this and advise us how to get that date changed to lifetime, or something much later than 2024. Thanks!

Submit a ticket and they'll extend your subscription. I contacted them last month, and they said that their current system only allows an extension to 2025, but were working on a fix.
Scott Florack

Score: 3
Posted by Da Cracker:
There seems to always be a lot of activity on the mobile app (iOS does me no good).

While it may not excite you personally, my hopes are that Toodledo is fully aware of high-priority fixes the majority of the user base wants. Sure, cleaning up the website a bit wouldn't take too long.. but the Android app hasn't been updated in nearly two years, and has a 2.8 average user rating; the Apple app hasn't been updated in 18 months and has a 3.3.

All about priorities, my man.
Scott Florack

I've noticed that when I change the due date of an overdue task from "Yesterday" to "Today", it seems to sync to Google Calendar as a two day event. I actually had to delay a task twice, so now it's a three day event.

I can mitigate it by deleting the task and recreating it, but obviously that's not ideal.

Anyone having the same issue?
Scott Florack

Posted by frogboy:
Hasnain,

Is emoji support (in task & notes section, it works in outlines & lists) on the cards? Really hope it’s soon!

Just use Windows key + period key.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 28, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
I suspect that StackSocial either receives a certain number of licenses to sell or they allow the companies to relist their products. Either way, their "Sale Ends in X Days!" statements are just marketing tactics.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 25, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Correct. I had a subscription many months ago, but allowed it to lapse when they suggested tripling the price.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Standby:
You must use the same email as you have in ToodleDo to make the purchase.

That's actually not true. I have my own domain and used two separate email addresses: one to purchase from Android Central Digital Offers (aka StackSocial) and another one for my Toodledo account (which I've had for 7-8 years).

You receive a gift code from StackSocial and just add it to your Toodledo account. I think the people are only having issues when they already have a paid account and the system doesn't know how to handle upgrades or extensions.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
I've purchased several "lifetime subscriptions" from StackSocial over the years: PureVPN, VPN Unlimited, WindScribe, iDrive and Arch Hosting. All services are up and running, my accounts are working completely fine, and I feel like I've "earned my money back". StackSocial's (aka Android Digital Offers, which is how I've known them as) customer service is even pretty decent. They refunded a purchase I later regretted with minimal hassle despite a no return policy.

Therefore, I feel any risk you take is with Toodledo, not StackSocial. And that risk is Toodledo performing a quick cash grab before shutting down the servers. As others have mentioned, as long as the grab (and regular subscribers) pays the operating costs, I don't really foresee them shutting down within the breakeven point of 8 months ($5/mo x 8 months = $40 lifetime). Where I am financially, it's personally worth the risk.. and I won't deny there is a small amount of "well, you should have taken my $20/year -- that I was gladly paying -- but then you got greedy" told you so/pride going on, too. :)
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Scott... Did you upgrade a paid account or a free account? I tried to do the lifetime on a free account that I have had for a few years which had self-downgraded from Silver when the sub expired. I could not get the StackCommerce lifetime code to work. All I got was "loading" for a half hour, and then I gave up. It seems to me that you might have to open a brand new free account, and then get the lifetime upgrade to that new account.

I HAD a paid account, but when I upgraded to the lifetime Plus, I was not a paying customer. So you don't need a NEW account, but you may confuse the system if you already have a paid one..

Summary: Be careful with the lifetime account. It may or may not work for everyone. AND, they also warn you that you must contact support after five years to renew the lifetime account, presumably for free but that is not really clear.

I stated that you needed to contact CS every 5 years in my original post.
Scott Florack

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
For anyone curious.. it's a legit offer. I purchased it the other day because I felt I have nothing to lose. Redeemed the code, no problem -- instant upgrade to Plus.

I'm still using Todoist as my main to-do manager, but figured I'd use Toodledo as my "brain dump" list. Since they have decent export tools, I'm not concerned with losing anything I store here, even if it shuts down tomorrow.

But yeah.. I agree that more than likely this service will be on autopilot for the foreseeable future.
Scott Florack

https://stacksocial.com/sales/toodledo-plus-lifetime-subscription

You receive a code and redeem it in Toodledo. Subscription needs to be manually renewed by CS every 5 years.
Scott Florack

The whole business model is quite humorous. They alienated their longtime customers by tripling the yearly fee, and now they're selling a lifetime subscription at the Plus level for nearly half the yearly rate.

Cash grabs are never a good sign, but you might as well get the deal. If they are still around in 9 months you'll have broken even.
Scott Florack

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 12
While the new prices are better that what was previously announced, Toodledo is still asking for more money while providing less value (features), with only the promise of a better tomorrow.

More specifically, I currently pay $20/year. (Which used to be $15/year two years ago.) Toodledo wants me to pay $36/year -- a 55% increase -- to lose the ability to email a task, go from 5 to 1 collaborators, lose the scheduler feature, and go from a two year history to a one week history. Why would that sound like a good deal?

I understand development cost money, but considering your competition already has a decent mobile too (and many of the things Aaron mentions on the roadmap)l, why would it make any sense to invest in your future when I can have it now from your competition?

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next