ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by alexborne"
alexborne

Posted Sep 05, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 0
Posted by SquidgyFishy:
Hi Sam,
Another two tweaks that would be great would be:

File manager - deleting files is a bit of a pain, and although i have a lot of space, it feels very disorganised to have many files which aren't attached to any tasks anymore because the tasks were completed.

Outline - I like the outline feature and use it to project plan from time to time, but it would be nice to be able to turn a line in the outline into a task - for example if you "starred" the line in the outlines it would become a task.

100% agree on the outline bit. Only one level subtasks is a trouble for me. I could easily without it if we could trn a line of outlines into a task in a click. Then long term projects could be described in outlines, and only relevant items would be turned into tasks.
alexborne

Posted Feb 28, 2012 in: My Use of Contexts
Score: -1
multiple contexts for one tasks have been asked for on this forum a lot. I used tags as context for this purpose.
alexborne

Posted Feb 14, 2012 in: Folders: See both Tasks & Notebook?
I agree, this feature would be very valuable to treat folders as recipient for projects.
alexborne

Posted Feb 03, 2012 in: own folders for notes
at least, tagging the notes would be a great help to me
alexborne

Score: 1
I have asked for this as well, but I found finally that too many subtasks may be a source of unproductivity.
Let me explain : I have described all the process of minor projects (such as to renovate a room) in subtasks in the past.
This resulted in a lot of clutter, made it necessary to play with filters and dates, took some time for managing and maintaining tasks (of course priorities and dates change often...), and in the end demotivated me when I saw the Number of tasks waiting for me to do.
I now prefer to keep all next steps I want to write down in the main task note field. I just copy the 1 or 2 next steps in subtasks. Much easier and more flexible to follow, modify, navigate the tasks list, and I am less de-motivated by the amount of tasks.
Possibly several levels of subtasks could help with appropriate filtering. but tasks notes as a bucket to store non-immediate subtasks works quite well as well.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2012.
alexborne

I find lower buttons (Tasks / Notebook / Préfs) are bigger than needed.
Could we add there at least 2 or 3 buttons acting as shortcuts for mauinly used views, for example hotlist and starred (customizable shortcuts would be perfect, actually)

Navigating speed inside the app needs to be improved, and I thnik this would help.

Rgds

Alex
alexborne

Posted Jan 24, 2011 in: Page through Folders/Dates
Great Idea ! One drawback of Iphone Toodledo App is the # of cliks you need to go from one view to the other.

This idea would help a lot.
alexborne

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: TD workflow: priority vs. due date
garyo,

Mark Forster developped a few methods to work a task list, called "Do It Tomorrow", and "Autofocus" (several versions). He developped it for paper lists, so basically all tasks are sorted out following creation date, and then he uses several procedures to scan through the list, and let your intuition pick-up the task that stands out at that moment. Very useful when conditions are quickly changing, and does not need any oaverhead (prioritizing, sorting out, filtering, etc...)
you can check it at : http://www.markforster.net/
alexborne

Posted Jan 10, 2011 in: Multiple Levels of Subtasks
I too have this feature as my #1 improvement need in Toodledo. Currently I have to maintain my project structure in excel or freemind, and then copy next actions in toodledo. I believe that multiple levels of subtask would highlight the added value of some of toodledo's features, such as status, start dates, etc... It would make it a simple projects management tool of high value.
alexborne

Posted Jan 04, 2011 in: Priorities vs Statuses
No you are not ! being able to prioritise by urgency without using due dates (I use this field for hard due dates only) would help a lot. "priority" field is not enough, as you say.
alexborne

Posted Sep 16, 2010 in: Two Quick Newbie Questions
Regarding your first question, I would add : the column is there to allow you to change the project name attached to a particular task, which you couldn't do otherwise. It would feel unnatural to have to switch to another than "folder" view to change the folder of a particular task, I think.
alexborne

When I feel I have too many tasks to scan, I use shortlisting methods.
So I prioritize, keeping in mind these priorities are short term, they are just a way to shorten the list, making it a "focus" list.
Priority does not have to obbey a fixed rule (there can be several parameters eg urgency, importance, money-making, goal-reaching, etc..)
Priority just means : "I want to do this and this first, and that just after". You can you use priority just by intuition. You already know what's important, urgent, vital, or fun to do. So your intuition will guide you as you scan the long list.

Then you only work through this prioritized short list, until it's empty, or the allocated time is over.

This can be done by setting due dates (today, tomorrow), by using the priority field, or by using stars. I personnally use a combination of all 3, because I like to concentrate on short lists of about 3 to 5 tasks : First I give due dates, then priorities, then I star the tasks I am going to do in the next 2 hours.
alexborne

Posted Jun 16, 2010 in: A quick suggestion
The "importance" field sort of does it : the importance is calculated with priority and due date. even if you don't change priority, the more the due date gets closer, the more importance goes up.

Try sorting by importance to see if it solves your issue.
alexborne

Posted May 28, 2010 in: HOTLIST
+1 !!
alexborne

+1 !!
alexborne

Posted Jan 18, 2010 in: Toodledo GTD Setup Template
Very interesting ! Thanks a lot for sharing this.
alexborne

Posted Jan 11, 2010 in: Entering Events in Toodledo
I do enter events as tasks, just setting the due date and time. Really useful if you have few events per day. I guess if you have to juggle with appointments durations, it may proove a bit difficult to handle in Toodledo.
But for just a few appointments / day, it really is nice to have on the same list events adns tasks for the day.
alexborne

When I have to do this, I star both of them, go to starred list, drag and drop the subtask on the task, and unstar them.
Not so long.
I can do this because I use stars to make temporary shortlists, for any special use.
I know some of us use stars more permanently, then you have to find another parameter you can use to make 2 tasks appear close to each other (tag, priority, date, folder, context...)
alexborne

Posted Dec 15, 2009 in: Lost my way, need a way back
+1, Mark Forster's method is really simple and efficient.
alexborne

Posted Dec 15, 2009 in: Ordering tasks? (not subtopics)
I would say that "Priority" is supposed to be the field used to select what should be worked on first.

Beyond Linden's proposals, there are at least 2 other ways :
- use the tags field, with an "ordering", or "priority" code, of your own :
or
A1 A2
B1 B2 B3...
- put a letter, or a "A1" style code at the beginning of the task description field, and sort alphabetically

Rgds

Alex
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next