ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Andrew"
Andrew

Score: -1
  • Andrew
  • Posted: May 18, 2012
  • Score: -1
If it is much easier to check whether a folder is private, why not check if it is private and pur a marker if it is not private instead of checking if public?
Andrew

Posted Jan 19, 2011 in: Some more updates...
Score: 0
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2011
  • Score: 0
I will also be a happy camper when you add saved searches to the iPhone.
Andrew

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Is the login encrypted?
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2010
So I noticed that the front page is not encrypted. I thought for a while that this meant that the login process was not encrypted either until I saw this line in the front page source:

<form action="https://www.toodledo.com/signin.php" method="post">

This is nice, but it would be even nicer if you made the front page encrypted as well. It would prove the website's identity and assure us quickly that we are not being phished.
Andrew

• Andrew
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2010
Guys, as Toodledo said in an earlier post, you can just use subtasks for manual sort because subtasks are not sorted by criteria. Sorting manually AND by criteria does not make sense. They are mutually exclusive.

Just think about it. You have tasks A, B, C, D, and E, but you tell the program to sort it A, B, E, C, D instead BUT you still want the rest of be sorted alphabetically. How is the program supposed to keep track of that? "Task E is stored after task B" What happens if you complete task B? It's just way too complicated and unnecessary since it is already implemented in subtasks.
Andrew

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2010
Locations huh? I was thinking about doing the same thing in an application I am building, but have not looked into it yet. It is really something that takes months of debugging?
Andrew

Posted Jul 21, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2010
  • Score: 1
@Salgud

This is for you and for anyone else on OS X who doesn't know how to implement userstyles yet. A userstyle is a bunch of CSS overrides that change the appearance of a webpage to your liking. Because it is just CSS, you can use them on any platform. You can implement them in a number of ways. In Firefox there is Stylish. In Chrome there are plugins too.

The way I use Toodledo on the Mac is through a SSB with VinTom's Dark Theme (http://userstyles.org/styles/18480). This is the result:

Screenshot would be here but I couldn't get the img tag to work

The way you get this, or any of VinTom's other styles in a Fluid SSB is by clicking the "Userstyles" icon in the preferences, then paste everything from the userstyle in the box starting with the a { override . Do not copy the first few lines. You can find the userstyle code on the theme page where the button says "Show Code".

This message was edited Jul 21, 2010.
Andrew

Posted Jun 17, 2010 in: AAND The Best Task Manager is....
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2010
Please do not turn this into a "+1" thread. That is exactly what the "subtasks" and "Evernote" threads on RTM have degenerated to.

I'd really like some additional criteria that people think are significant when deciding on a task manager. UI is a very significant one, but you can't really say "good" and "best". This is an objective includes/doesn't include chart.
Andrew

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: AAND The Best Task Manager is....
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
We all know the answer to that right? Well maybe we do, but people using other task mangers probably are not aware of this.

I want to create/amend a chart just like the one at (http://www.toodledo.com/info/compare.php) to show everyone at the other sites. First of all, I think we should add a category for "Start Date" because that is one of the big features that everyone at RTM is whining about. I also think the RTM "Context" should be changed to "Yes". The feature is named "Location" over there.

Here is a list of features that should be added to that comparison chart.
-Start Date
-Individual reminders for each task
-Numerous sorting options
-Search should be renamed to "smart lists"
-Stars
-Manual Sort (currently Toodledo is subtasks only, but it'e better than nothing.)

And here is another thing. I want to add features on the chart that Toodledo does NOT support. Such as the location feature in RTM, where each context has a specific Google Maps location and the program can automatically route you on the shortest path. Or the smart add feature which I believe you can only access in Toodledo via email.

Here are some suggestions for features that other task managers have over Toodledo:
-Location feature I just mentioned
-Smart add/text only entry with metadata like tags (currently only via email which seems unreasonable)
-Saved searches/smart lists on the iPhone

Hopefully with a chart that is more accurate and less biased than the current one that we have, Toodledo can gain a lot more business and income. Post any suggestions as to what to add on the lists.
Andrew

Posted May 21, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • Andrew
  • Posted: May 21, 2010
Trust me, anyone who has ever spent more than 20 hours on a software project of their own knows what you are talking about. It's like going from ints to longs, or using anonymous listeners instead of shared listeners in Java. Heck its like going from continuous polling to interrupts/listeners in the first place!

Now that we know you've rewritten the core, we'll be expecting great things out of it. (unlike Remember the Milk)
Andrew

Posted Feb 16, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2010
Posted by garroteman:
there is no "free" in professional world: they have a product that we are paying for so if they want to upgarde it to be more visualy pleasing then someone must get paid

I'm sure that none of the third-party developers on the "Tools & Services" page were paid.
Andrew

Posted Feb 15, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2010
Ok, so Toodledo needs a UI designer. But what if no professional wants to dedicate his time for free? Then someone else has to step up and take action.

I was thinking that I could be that person.

I only know a little bit about making webpages, but I do have a little experience and I feel that I can take on a good challenge. Since I am a student, I have a little more time than a husband with kids. However, I need some guidance as to what language to use and a really general outline of what exactly a UI designer would have to create. (i.e. what actually happens in the current Toodledo interface when you add a task etc.)

I think what I would have to do is sign up for a new domain and new test Toodledo account. Any suggestions for the domain name?
Andrew

Posted Feb 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
  • Score: -1
Posted by PSzobar:
I have to agree. I'm a new user, as of yesterday, and this UI makes me cringe. I'm testing this program for a week to see if I can deal with it -- but blergh. If I can find a less cringe-worthy option with the same functionality, I'm going to ditch toodledo.

That's what I thought as I was comparing it to Things and Remember the Milk, but I learned to get used to the interface because it really is quite powerful and gives you so many more options than either of the two I mentioned. PLUS, it's cheaper.
Andrew

Posted Jan 30, 2010 in: Payin for Toodledo
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2010
The value at Toodledo is simply greatest for an online task manager. At Remember the Milk, the biggest competitor, you are paying $25 a month for access to use RTM on your phone. THAT'S IT. No updates. No communication. Just look at their "ideas" forum and see how old the "Subtasks" thread is.

Here you get a reply from the developer for even the smallest thing, AND he releases small, but regular updates. So I'm pretty sure they're doing well.
Andrew

Posted Jan 30, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2010
This should be posted in the questions forum. It would get so much more attention.
Andrew

Posted Jan 08, 2010 in: Task emailing + Permalinks
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2010
Well, this is......nice...
Andrew

Posted Dec 18, 2009 in: New Design by VINTOM.com
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2009
The theme is really pretty. I REALLY like how the tabs are on the side. However, there are a few things that are keeping me from using this instead of...the dark theme.

-On the main task list, it would be nice if you could collapse the tabs, as they are a bit large.
-There is a large black space on the left of the screen when on the forums that could be eliminated:

-There seems to be an issue with users with a lot of columns. See picture:

Andrew

Posted Dec 14, 2009 in: The last feature you need to add
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2009
I've been looking at RTM vs Toodledo again, and I've concluded that there is only one thing on the RTM side that keeps anyone there: Saved searches on the iPhone.

In RTM, it's ALL about the smart lists. The smart lists + the tags are the only feature that you ever hear about in RTM. Just look on their "Tips and Tricks" forum. If this feature were added to Toodledo mobile, the app would become twice as useful and the RTM users would not have anything holding them back.
Andrew

Posted Dec 09, 2009 in: Better iCal importing (RTM importing)
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
The only information that we can't import is the task's list (folder). RTM does not export this value, so the data isn't there to import.

Hmm. Then a workaround would be in RTM, selecting all the tasks in one folder, then putting the folder name in the way overused tags field via multi-edit. Then with all the tasks imported to Toodledo, just search for those specific tags and multi-edit again to sort them into folders.
Andrew

• Andrew
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:

* Smart tag picker allows you to pick existing tags from a list. No more typing them out by hand.

New features like this are the kinds of things that turn me on. Great job.
Andrew

• Andrew
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2009
Posted by Glen:
Any idea when we can expect to see context filtering within folders? Not being pushy, just wondering when I can jump ship to an app where the developers actually listen to the users (currently using ToDo).

If you haven't already noticed, the Toodledo developer is very, very active on the forums, often responding to more than 3/4 of the threads, some even more than once. I seriously doubt that you could find another developer of an online task manager that acts the same way toward their customers.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next