ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by The Dave"
The Dave

Score: 0
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2021
  • Score: 0
Not just alarms, the remote badge count update feature also doesn’t work.

This isn’t a huge surprise as it relies on a similar APNS backend. Just wanted to mention to make sure it is noted.
The Dave

• The Dave
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2021
In the iOS app you can set notifications to come from the device, or from website.

From device works fine, with the expected behaviour that it only works for items synchronized to the app. From website however, does not seem to generate any alert at all.

Why does it matter? Well if anyone has a 700 year old iOS device then from device doesn't work, but in my case, I barely use the iOS app and mostly have it installed for notifications.

Once there is an update (even the last TestFlight build under the old owners was better as it used reasonable font sizes for Plus/Max sized devices) I'll probably use it more.

I can also understand if this feature is gone and being depreciated, but at the moment it exists and doesn't work, so I wanted to mention it.
The Dave

• The Dave
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2021
I have a number of repeating items, and have noticed their start dates drift. In my case it is usually bills where I know the due date and set the start date to 21 days before, when the bill would print, as I can reasonably pay it anywhere in the middle. It usually works at first, but over time it will end up out of sync. I'm unclear if it is the website, iOS app, or a third party app that causes it.

I've mostly stopped using Start Dates for these anyway.
The Dave

Posted Aug 11, 2021 in: Alarms just 1 hour before?
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2021
Currently there is only a single alert for a given task.
The Dave

Posted Dec 29, 2020 in: Can't unsubscribe
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2020
Did a charge hit your credit card?
The Dave

Posted Dec 06, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2020
Posted by CharleneTX:
TD on steroids? I just checked it out. No repeating tasks. Only one level of sorting. No start date.

It has potential, but I’d call Toodledo to be TickTick on steroids. Time will tell.
The Dave

Posted Dec 02, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2020
Mine renewed on/around Oct 9th and did bill my card.
The Dave

Posted Nov 30, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
Score: 1
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2020
  • Score: 1
The fact that they aren’t accepting money is the real significant sign here.
The Dave

Posted Nov 26, 2020 in: Toodledo still alive?
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2020
I bet that the infrastructure will be shutdown without notice

I hope you're wrong, but... It does have that feel to things.
The Dave

Posted Mar 31, 2020 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2020
Crash on start here too.
The Dave

• The Dave
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2019
The web app has a number of features that have been improved, although more likely to show outdated information too. However a web app on iOS cannot send notifications, so the iOS app has some functionality that is exclusive to it.

Really you should try both and see which you prefer.
The Dave

Posted Aug 12, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2019
I'm a fan of the way the web interface caches old tasks and they never update. Logging out and back in sometimes helps, but not always. An informal backup system, perhaps?
The Dave

• The Dave
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2019
If in doubt, reach out to support to confirm.
The Dave

Posted Jul 21, 2017 in: Forums: Please for HTTPS
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2017
Could you please force the forums to use HTTPS when I am signed into an account with the same restriction?

I am already signed in to Toodledo, and I require HTTPS for all actions. When I visit toodledo.com/forums, I'm taken to the HTTP version. Worse, when I click the link in "You must be signed In", I am redirected to http://www.toodledo.com/signin.php?redirect=/forums/index.php which is now asking for my credentials over HTTP.

It would be ideal if the forums could either detect that I'm logged in to the HTTPS site, or at least have the "sign in" link take me to an HTTPS link (and oddly, if I change the signin link to HTTPS, it detects I am logged in and returns me to the HTTPS version of the forums).

Another option, although you'll want to consider this careful: When a user has the "Encryption: Yes" on their account, have all requests return a HSTS header, such that my browser will always automatically redirect me to the HTTPS version of Toodledo, your servers will never even see a HTTP request.

(Why don't I just use HTTPS myself? Well I could, but I didn't recall the URL of the forums and when I found it in my search engine, I ended up in the HTTP version, and since it wanted me to provide credentials over an unencrypted link, 1) My browser warned that this is insecure. It is. 2) My password manager refused to proceed because the credentials were saved from HTTPS, and it won't reveal HTTPS credentials over HTTP).

Thanks for your time, and I hope that this is posted in an acceptable location, I didn't see a forum-specific forum.
The Dave

Posted Feb 13, 2014 in: Android App Crowdfunding Project
Score: 3
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2014
  • Score: 3
I chipped in a few dollars, and I'm not even an Android user -- I just want Toodledo to be successful, and bringing in the massive Android userbase and making them first-class citizens of Toodledo's application base certainly won't hurt.
The Dave

Posted Jun 17, 2009 in: Customizable reminders/alarms
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
I'll answer a bunch of questions here:

1) It is not possible to have a "when due" or "0 minute" leadtime because of the nature of how reminders are sent we cannot guarantee that they would arrive ontime. We can only guarantee 15 minute accuracy.

FWIW, I don't care if the reminder is late, I'm just wanting to use this for tasks that can't be started until a certain time, but need to be done with enough urgency to bother me rather then just set a start time to hide the task...
The Dave

• The Dave
Posted by Toodledo:
Today we are releasing an enhanced reminder service.

Any chance you could add a "when due" reminder time? This is more useful when an item needs to be done on-or-after a certain time rather then before a certain time.
The Dave

• The Dave
Posted by Claudio:
Okay, am I missing something? I just tried the SMS reminders and I got a message saying "You have mail from [email protected]. Please reply with 'Read' to read your message." Is this the way that all SMS reminders work? I thought it would be a message telling me what the task is.

Any chance you're a Rogers subscriber? If so, this is a Rogers feature, call them to have it removed (although you'll need to talk to 2-3 reps to get one that has a clue what you're talking about, the feature you need to get added to your line is called "Email 2 TXT - Direct Delivery", it may be $5, although if you ask nicely you may get it free.
The Dave

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Question about the recent downtime
Score: -1
  • The Dave
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
  • Score: -1
Get any sleep yet? If not, you should probably give it some serious thought before any heads explode.

Thanks for all your efforts, these things unfortunately do happen sometimes, and the status updates during the outage were greatly appreciated!