ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by johnprince2112"
johnprince2112

Posted Oct 09, 2016 in: Task to iOS reminders
Score: 0
Jake, I am wondering if there is an option for tasks (without a due date) to go to reminders?

As an example, when using Siri, the task goes to reminder even if no date). This is helpful as all my other apps who sync reminders now have no-date tasks from toodledo regardless of where they are entered. With current functionality I only get a subset (spoken through series).

If To that end I would prefer an all or nothing option, as there is no value on having only tasks entered in to Siri.
johnprince2112

Posted Oct 09, 2016 in: Being a CEO of a PPMS
Below is a link to an article I found quite interesting I thought i would share. It's from the CEO of Fetchnotes, a young kid (to me) who acquired a Personal Productivity Management Sytem (PPMS*) product, built a company around it, only to close their doors a few years in to it. I appereciate the those who share their lessons learned through their failure as it can be as valuable as those from success stories.

I have my own thoughts on were I would have handled it differently, but this is hindsight and nothing proven, but it's interesting to think through it, however.

It seems if a company tries to cater their product to too wide of an audience' breadth it' counter-productive. As an example, if Jake spent two quarters focused on Apple Watch enhancements (this is only an example), and 30% of his user-base has Apple Watch...then 70% of the users get shafted. . Or, if you are too granular with your target base , and miscalculate those numbers and/or their behavior, that is going to have a negative impact. I don't own any "App companies" but have worked in this from small startups to large, government-sized enterprise products my entire career (20+ years) so have seen quite a bit.

https://medium.com/@alexschiff/lessons-from-the-front-lines-building-fetchnotes-d36d2cca6fff#.sf8lkp 1az

This message was edited Oct 09, 2016.
johnprince2112

Posted Oct 09, 2016 in: Leveraging Technology for GTD
Thanks, guys. As noted I am not expert...not even sure what an 'expert' at this is. I can only tell you my experience with personal productivity management, which spans 28 years now. The last thing I will do is be one of these guys (I see we have some folks like that on here) who tell you their way way is the way. Ignore them as I've found over the years these guys simply don't grow and instead focus their energy on trying to find other people's flaws. They will never steer you in the right direction, based on my observations.

Instead I will tell you my way, and explain how and why it works for me, in addition to this, I have a "blog" I'm about to 'release' which I'll share on here. I wanted to get at least 15-20 entries on it before opening it up and am almost there.

Yes. it was eye-opening how much time I spent planning vs doing. So I made a commitment then to ensure I monitored this.

With that said, it's still extremely important to focus on innovation and building a better mousetrap. Meaning, I would never realized the time I was wasting on planning, had I not implemented metrics/trending involving GTD activities.

I just ran some metrics and so I'm able to quantify how much time I spend, here is the break down
DAILY
Tasks finalization: 7.34 minutes
When I enter a task, I limit it to under two seconds. I enter ONLY the information I need ot obtain it later for clean up. The clean up is for granular reporting. The way I see it, when I am entering tasks (walking in the hallways at work. presenting to me team, etc) I have little time. So twice a day I go through and add these additional properties. The amount above is total for the dayand of course is dependent on the number of tasks entered, etc.

b>Email triage 8.23 minutes.
This includes triaging an average of 218 emails per day

Task cleanup 4.05 minutes.
As an example, when I tasked is starred (meant for today) it then goes in to a view that is then sliced and diced. I've added some checks and balances where I catch tasks due today but are not part of the cubes. (p.s. Required fields would solve this: hint-hint).

Dashboard 6.12 minutes
This cubed data is then fed in to a dashboard which is my presentation layer. It's not automated, and I'm building my own now. Automated meaning it requires human intervention, not manual entry.

Scorecard 9.41 minutes.
This is tricky, but I I feed data from each system I work with to get a feel for how productive I am. Understand the intent here is to quantify what I need to keep doing versus, stop doing, versus modify

So 35 minutes (avg) a day is pretty good, considering all that comes with it....with 'confidence' being at the top of that list.

johnprince2112

Posted Oct 09, 2016 in: Aged tasks
Score: -3
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

johnprince2112

Posted Oct 09, 2016 in: Sort order of Export
Score: -1
Thanks for the response....unfortunately not what I wanted to hear. I imagine if you think through it, there is unlikely to be much value in that.

<PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION>
Here is all I' am wanting to do. Export a set of tasks that have a star. I don't even care what the format is.
</PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION>

Or what value is there in an all or nothing sorted by created date?
1) Created date is just that...plays no role in the importance or urgency of a task
2) Very few apps (in real life) that one would import the data INTO, would even consume the created date., so you have no way to build on existing logic in the imported system.
3. But let's pretend it did consume the created date. Then what? It's of no use.
(I hope that makes sense).

Thanks!
johnprince2112

Posted Oct 07, 2016 in: Sort order of Export
What is the sort order for the exported csv (first level only)? Thanks
johnprince2112

Posted Oct 04, 2016 in: Your Dream Dashboard
Oh, and for as for this being sold: it's being designed as a Web App only at first. I'll probably get a version for the iOS at some point (it will be designed with that in mind, at least). Of course, I'm more than open to one or both of the engineers buying the source code or offering free services....we haven't worked that out. I don't want to get in to that business, but if they want to I'd support and help them. Obviously it's going to sync with Toodledo...and a lot better and in more useful way than anything else out there. Know that.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2016.
johnprince2112

Posted Oct 04, 2016 in: Your Dream Dashboard
So I've decided I'm going to finally build instead of buy when it comes a dashboard. I'm going to architect it and farm all of it out to some salty engineers I know, or just the middle tier and front end (as I'm picky about my schemas. Ha We'll see, but it should be fun and the two guys I'm working with on this are oh so familiar with my bar (both have worked for me going on seven years) and my belief when it comes to technology: *anything is possible*. Additionally, I first became a 'decision maker' in this industry when "Dashboards" and "Portals" first came en vogue. I even created dashboards for some heavy hitters, including Jerry Jones (Owner/CEO Dallas Cowboys Football Organization). Specifically, his dashboard for the Stadium revenue that is really read by his top assistant and fed to him. This is no joke. She told me after he tried it once: "I'm his dashboard. Ha ha. But...she loves it, so that's what matters, I guess.

Basically, I'm shooting for the moon here. This is obviously the advantage to buiSlding, IMO. You get EXACTLY what you want. Okay, that is as far as I've gotten in this project, Heh-heh. Actually I myself and salty enough to make this iterative. Meaning we'll only design/employ the base framework for the initial release, and then it'll take six months for me to really hammer down and realize what looks good on paper is also good in reality. I'm sure you all know.

But you have to start somewhere. At a high-level I'm thinking of having four quadrants (customizable) with interactive tasks). Each of the quadrants would display tasks based on current state as the sytem knows it, OR toggled to allow an override. So I click it and there would be three OPTIONAL buttons where I could change properties such as my energy level, avaiable time. and area of my life (that are eligle based on the initial view).. Essentially I would filter by those.

I also want to incorporate a decision engine to this, which would learn my behavior. Thus if it noticed that I cranked out a lot tasks that were under 20 minutes, late at night, at home, it would challenge me more during that time period by recategorization. In other words, for me to truly trust this system, it needs to tell me what to do.

And no....this won't have the weather. Ha ha. I have to say that as back in the day, these Account Execs would drag me all over the country to meet with their clients CIOs and the sales guy would always say during the demo "and if you want, you can even have the weather" . ha ha

I'm curious most of all, however, in your ideas. Let's say that the GTD angel came down and granted you your dream system (even if its not a dashboard)...what would it be?
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 22, 2016 in: How Far Ahead Do You Look
I'm curious how far out in the future you look when determining what tasks to do? In other words...well read below it will hopefully make sense...

[NOTE: For those with a 3-4 line attention span, go to the very bottom to read my question. ;-) Details below if needed]
--------------
Keeping with the spirit of GTD, for the past few years I was able to create views showing ONLY the tasks I can possibly be doing. Forever, my daily work flow started as follows:

1. Run a view showing ALL tasks I want to complete that DAY. I would then group them by:
-Priority
-Day parts (four hour sprints)

2. Then during the day I would a view showing ONLY the tasks I can be doing at that moment in time. Among the things I had to consider:
a. Location
b. Available time
c. Whom I am with
d. How much energy I have
e. The time of day

I could then build different cubes with this data, and again it was limited to only what I could be doing.

I will give the gory details to anyone that wants them, but the net-net is that it worked, and worked well. Unfortunately, other aspects of the system did not, and I'm back with Toodledo as it seems the best all around for my current needs.

Now I AM able to recreate this in Toodledo, but it's a cluster... I would have to create a slew of different views, and it's really not a viable way to go. The sticking point is "e." above (time of day).

Here is an example: as I write this, it's 4:55am. I have four tasks today
1. Take out the garbage
2. Grocery shop
3. Call my sainted mother
4. Post this question to the forum.

When I run my "what can I be doing now" view, I would expect ONLY the following;
1. Take out the garbage
2. Post this question to the forum

This is because the grocers does not open until 8am, and I don't want to call my mom until after 9:00am. So I don't want to see those tasks in my view.

**But Wait, I CAN Create that View**
Yes, I am able to filter those out by instructing the view to exclude any tasks that aren't due YET, per the due date/due time. Those are "due on" or "due after" type tasks. Works great!

Here is the problem: "due by"
When adding that argument to the query (exlude any tasks that aren't due YET) the system cannot deduce "yet".

So let's go back to my example and look at some due dates/times:

1. Take out the garbage: Due By 8:00am
2. Grocery shop (Due After 8:00am)
3. Call my sainted mother (Due After 9:00am)
4. Post this question to the forum. (No Due Date)

Using my query, I only get the following:
4. Post this question to the forum

In other words, it also excludes anything due "BY" which of course, is a bad thing. I validated with Jake these modifiers are not considered in the custom searches (and hopefully they will soon as it strengthens that module something fierce, IMO).
-------------------

***My question***
So do you filter out tasks that are due "on" or "after" a time within that day, and if so, how? Simple example, "Go shopping" (you would ONLY want that to show at times you can actually go shopping). As noted, yet I realize there are ways around it i.e. bucket it as an 'errand' and run an 'Errands' view, but again...I'm talking time-based right now as this will reduce my views 10-fold. Thanks!
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 22, 2016 in: Aged tasks
For what it's worth, it's a good thing (and good coding practice IMO) to seed the ModifiedDate with the CreateDate upon saving the task. Without this, my approach would not work because I have to consider tasks that have never been modified. i.e. I open a task and do nothing with it (no properties change). That task is still in a state for which I'd like to view the age of tasks within that state and I would assume the modified date is the create date.

Irregardless, I still do not have an answer to the following:

****What would I use to query for any tasks that have a star for longer than 3 days?****

^^^^^NEED ANSWER TO ABOVE PLEASE^^^^^^^^^^

If I can just get that (forgive me if I missed it) then I can probably run with the rest. ,I appreciate everyone's responses here, I'm sure I've provided what I can (detail and succinct format).
Once again: **I would like a query to show if any tasks has had a star for 3+ days**

p.s. LotsaPoppa after looking closely at your suggestion, this is what I'm using as my query but it's not returning what I want.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2016.
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 16, 2016 in: Aged tasks
Jake, object-based modification alerts is not what I seek..Salgud interpreted as such, but this is not the case at all. Remember my initial post:

[Queue dream music]...
"So as an example I want a result set that returns all tasks that have had a star longer than two days.

Should I query:
Where Star=Yes
Last Modified date='Was Not in the last 2 Days'
The date itself will work. Please read my example again (I'll provide another one below)"

-------------
1. I add a task on June 1st 2016. It is not starred.
2. I star the task on June 28 2016. I have no intentions of modifying it again other than un-star or complete.

I want to know how many tasks have been in a starred state for three+ days. I want to run a query of tasks that have a star and were modified more than 3 days ago. If I run this query on July 15, I expect this task (which has not been touched since 6/28) to appear. RIght now, it's not. I'm using "modified date" as the argument.

Let me try Lotsapappa's suggestion and I'll respond to the group. This seems on track.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2016.
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 09, 2016 in: Aged tasks
Jake/Salgud/anyone who knows: with the above blabber aside, am I not understanding that search object properly? How would I go about showing which tasks have remained in a given "state" (which i define) greater than x amount of time.

Simple example is which tasks have had a Star greater than three days. Business rules/process aside (I can handle those with the other search objects). Thanks

This message was edited Sep 09, 2016.
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 09, 2016 in: Aged tasks
Hmmm..apologies, as I'm not quite understanding your question. My need is not dependent how often--if ever--modify a task. In some instances, I might not ever modify, but instead only add. This is why I inquired about the 'Modify' date field and if it's populated on initial task insert. With that said, ALL tasks will be acted upon in my process. Even if I add and complete, the task has been modified.Said differently. if I'm not constantly modifying tasks, I'm either not getting much done or my tasks are at an extremely high level and are listed in +1 day format.

So with tasks, I complete, I backfill, complete, backfill, etc. This instead of complete, think what I should add next in the system, complete, think what I should add next etc. I imagine we all do, just want to clarify that

Now if I'm still not understanding your questions/suggestion

...read the gory details below as to my INTENT. ;-)

I have a process that allows me to view only the tasks I can possibly do at that time, location, based on whom I'm with and how much energy/time I have available and most importantly, what the priority of those tasks are. In other words I use each of task's properties (4-5 of them) as 'context' instead of just the 'context' field itself.I never really want to *only* know

I was probably not as clear as I could be. Understand I break my views up in to three different categories, which comprise of the three (only and all) reason I would run a view. Thus I categorized these in to 'types' of views (this is all abstract by the way)

1. Do:
See what I should be doing based on day part, location, available time/energy, importance, and whom I with (even if it's just me, myself, and I.) ;-) I run these throughout the day as my 'context' changes so does my 'What should I be doing now' view. nOW is defined as the next four house. This way I only have to fun 3-4 views per day to know what I need to know.

Tasks are propagated in to the "Do" category from the types of views below

2. Select:
Selecting the most appropriate tasks to backfill the tasks I've completed....usually run ad hoc. I have a 'War Board' I use that has everything ready to go and allows me to only select the tasks that are appropriate for that (overall) context.

3. Maintain:
System maintenance (orphaned tasks, required property missing, etc)....usually run weekly

I've found these are the three reasons I would run a view. I can actually accomplish everything to do this incorporating only four properties to a task which takes less than 4 seconds seconds). I think things can be implemented to make it faster but that is low priority for me.

A fifth property is used to move a tasks up the food chain in to "today's" bucket. That is the STAR. This is used in "Select" domain of views noted above. I look at my "War Board" which is just a task selection board prioritzed for what I should be doing in context. I like the stars because I can quickly say "I have 1.75 hours, I'll take this and that, and this one too" (Star, star, star). These tasks already have all the proper properties so once I star it, the task will appear within specific day part.

Once starred, I then run my #1 type views, which provide what I should be doing that I can be doing for the next four hours. I make no more changes to these buckets of views.

I run the "Do" views 'by day part' so my tasks are within context and prioritized in a four-hour window. In other words what tasks should I accomplish this morning, this afternoon, and this evening but with further granularity using it's other properties (at location, whom I'm with, my amount of energy/time) etc.

Regardless of the type of use, the tasks are always in a "state" ready to: Do, Select, or Maintain. They will all be acted on, either completed, moved up the food chain, or modified (tasks with missing properties), etc.

An example of how I would use this.
1. While looking at my 'Warboard' view during the day, or perhaps during my weekly review
2. I wonder how many tasks I have on deck, that are prioritized as important. but I've had three opportunities to select it as a backfill but I didn't. Maybe those tasks aren't truly that important" So during my weekly review I might adjust.
3. Or I might want to know 'How many tasks have I neglected which I committed to doing but I haven't in two days. Should I revisit these and possibly adjust?

I know that is a LOT, but it's the way I attack views. I run a scorecard concerning my productivity, but within that I measure my process. This also helps. So I can judge if I've been a slacker, or not properly defining tasks, or...sometimes things just change. ;-)

So knowing this, how would you accomplish task aging? I'm very happy to create a five minute video walk-thru of all that blabber up top if it helps. It sounds like a lot but I find it works very well for me....and ironically part of my need for aged tasks is to validate this.

Thanks and sorry again for the long walk through, I didn't fully understand your question/suggestion so thought it would help if I just elaborate some.Like I said if you are inquiring about my process and need for this I can probably better illustrate what I've found achieves this intent showing it in action. I continually ask myself if I'm leveraging the current technology as I should for my intent (see my question about due date modifiers) and have no problem blowing up how I incorporate my intent in to this system. . As you alluded, my intent is not yours, and that is rule #1 in any GTD/variant thereof processes, IMO. Ironically this is one of the rare things I've been disciplined with enough to consistently monitor for over 30 years now. (20 of them post pc boom) But the intent has always been how can I most effectively write stuff down so that it can be presented to me in a way that tells what I really should be doing at this moment in time. Pretty sure that is most folks intent, it just helps me to continually approach it at that abstract layer.

johnprince2112

Posted Sep 09, 2016 in: Hiding future same day tasks
Cool. No worries. As long as you understand my dilemma, hopefully it's something you can add to your backlog. If you were to exclude the "By" modifier (or provide it as an object for the query string) in addition to inserting the add date/time to the modified (or making it configurable as well) it opens the doors to some pretty useful views, IMO. As noted "Task Aging" is very useful to a slacker like myself, in addition to employing 'less is more' ideology, and finally helping folks to keep a strong pulse on proper task prioritization.

Succinct version: It's a good 'Weekly Review' view. ;-)

johnprince2112

Posted Sep 08, 2016 in: Aged tasks
I did a search on here but could not find anything I'm wanting to know about aged tasks. I'm not concerned with date added, but instead want to know how long a task has been in a state. Because I use 'Status' types, tasks often traverse Active>Next Action, Starred, etc).

Consequently, I'm using the date modified tag.

So as an example I want a result set that returns all tasks that have had a star longer than two days.

Should I query:
Where Star=Yes
Last Modified date='Was Not in the last 2 Days'

I ask because I did and it does not seem to return what I want.

My questions
1. Am I not using the correct query?
2. If a tasks has not been modified does use the Added date as the last modified date? I'm hoping so, else in my example above, all tasks that were initially saved with a Star would not appear, so I assume.

Thanks!
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 08, 2016 in: Hiding future same day tasks
Okay, so Jake, I guess my question was not clear enough. I understand how to create searches. ;-) I'm wanting to understand the rules for doing so in my specific example.

I can get it to work--almost.

However, ALL tasks with a due date are hidden until that time. This is bad, because I want the tasks with the "By" modifier to appear. i.e. If something is due "by" a time, I want it to be in my result set. If it's due on or after a time, I don't want it to appear until that time has occurred or passed.

When I create a query that says "Hide tasks with due dates until the day and time has occured, it is hiding the "Due By" tasks as well. Make sense. I didn't see anything in the link you provided specific to creating a search such as this. The help information for due date modifiers does not indicate this is supported anywhere I could see.

Thanks
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 08, 2016 in: Hiding future same day tasks
Many thanks. For future reference, how do I access this? In other words, I went to the Help Center, and queried for 'search' and 'views', this was in neither result set. In other words, I understand the importance of due diligence here, so help me help you. The help material is fantastic, just not very intuitive IMO. If you agree it needs a face lift, please put me down as a requester.

One other item I've not seen is the ability to format the menu headings for saved searches. I imagine many folks use a character-based hierarchy, such as myself. but think it would be incredibly useful to format the headings via HTML, Markup, XSL, CSS....something.

Thanks again
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 04, 2016 in: Leveraging Technology for GTD
Score: 1
I am wrapping up a book (I have a publisher who is taking over once I completed the final draft) and the book deals with GTD (or variant thereof type processes) and how to augment technology Now, I'm not a GTD consultant or anything like that, in fact I was asked to write this book. My quick background, i've worked in app dev going on 20+ years now (leading orgs from architecture to product mgmt). My son is a pro boxer, he's fought on NBC, Showtime, Spike, blah blah and the bottom line is that we have a million balls in the air. Too often I've been asked "how do you do it?" (manage so many tasks) that eventually it was requested I write my 'story', specific to how I control my scene. Additionally, 100% of the book's profit is being donated to St Jude's hospital, so when published I will send the ISBN so you can all purchase it. ;-)

Intent;
The book details how, IMO, technology has finally surpassed processes in that for the first time in my lifetime, technology is DRIVING processes. In other words, many folks are realizing the 'cool things' that can be accomplished with technology by either augmenting it or adopting it out right.

Context:
To that end, the book emphasizes that my process is not your process. In other words, a huge 'domain' within my process is Continuous Improvement. At the end of the day, I have an automated 'productivity scorecard' that provides trending data based on changes made to process, LOE, etc. It sounds complex, but the POF are very few and it's streamlined and proven.

In fact, one "problem" I realized years ago, was the time spent on GTD technology. I was able to matrix tasks left undone due to my "free time" I spent tinkering with GTD apps, consuming APIs and all that fun stuff. Thus I today I ensure I spend no more than 30-45 minutes per day on GTD activities and this includes email triage (which is a chapter in itself)

Where my process might differ from most is the following (remember, I am not pushing my process on anyone, simply sharing what I do).
1. I view the operating system (IOS in this case) as a SOA framework. For non-techies, this is a service-based approach where in app dev everything is modularized around business and technical domains/
2. In this world, apps are my services, and areas of life are my domains.
3. Where I used to (as most everyone does) attempt to fit my processes in to a single app, I instead use the most appropriate app for the most appropriate domain.

Examples:
For years the search was on for an all-in-one app that supports work tasks, financial tasks, hobby-specific tasks, family-related tasks, etc. Innovation was geared toward lots of generic, configuration elements, sacrificing industry-specific innovation.
Using my model, you might find that App A is the best app for your work tasks and App B is the best for personal/hobbies, and App C is best for family-specific tasks, etc.. Thus you can have a workflow that allows you to click a button that will launch the appropriate app. or straight-up provide data to be written in the applicable apps database.
This is one reason you see "integrations" becoming en vogue. I mentioned I was old skool....I'm talking about as in I was a beta parnter for XML. How about that, eh? ;-)

Anyway, I break-down how I've intertwined ~ 15-20 apps that are used on any given day. Instead of trying to 'fit' something in to an app, I look at the IOS as an app, and "apps" as features.

Curious if anyone has thoughts, comments, etc before I finalize the book Toodledo is mentioned OFTEN in this book (along with 30-40 other apps). All good stuff for Toodledo, in fact I remember back in the day Jake and his team were putting it down staying 18+ months ahead of everyone else. Innovation is limited to "here's how to use this API", where in my day, sonny boy, we HAD to be truly innovative to stay alfoat because it was on and crackin' and there were 200 thirsty-a$$ companies on our tail at all time. My book is not an excercise in good ol' day syndrome, in fact only a chapter is dedicated to how we did it. All in all I'd say that my generation exceled at innovation while today's youngsters are incredibly talented when it comes to workflow

Finally, we have customer service. In the end, this is a commodity. IQTell as an example. They have lost their edge, their founder brushes off all enhancement requests with a "that's a poor way to handle it"and frankly has been combative over and over with folks asking for simple requests. It's a shame as no one can truly tell another person what is right and/or wrong with respect to task management. Instead, you can provide explicit examples of how you handle that scenario, in hopes of priming the customer to further leverage your tool.

Finally, the book's name has not been solidified yet. I'll send the final round of 4-6 titles out for feedback,but again the book is simply, my process, and how it's grown (and will continue to) using technology. from years past, current, and what I believe the future will hold. Thanks for your time!

This message was edited Sep 04, 2016.
johnprince2112

Posted Sep 04, 2016 in: Hiding future same day tasks
Hey all, it's been a while since i really used Toodledo, after testing the waters with IQTell, RTM, Wunderlist, Nirvana, Swipes, Handle. etc, etc, I'm confident I've performed my due diligence in moving forward with TootdleDo. (Complete separate post on this)

I've got tired head going through revamping my views, and am struggling to create a view as such:
"Show me available tasks to pick up" where available IS
"Not Starred" (those are already assigned)
Status is "Next Action"
or Status is Planning and DueDate is today AND due time is <= current time.

As an example,
I have two tasks task I created last week called, status is both "Planning"
"Post thread on forum". Due Date AFTER 09/04/2016 @11:00am
"Get laptop" Due date AFTER 09/04/2016 @8:00am

If on, 09/04/2016 @8:30am I launched this view, I would only want to see "Get laptop". I am using the due date modifiers "After", "On", and "By".

Thanks so much!
p.s. I'm okay with placing the "future" tasks in to a deferred status type, however, I'd like to ensure that is overwritten once the time has passed, As an example, My 'deferred' tasks will show up after their due time.
johnprince2112

Posted Dec 01, 2015 in: GTD Apps of the Future
Jake,

Have you guys thought about an integration email system? It's such an intrugal part of most everyone's dailt work flow I can't help but think it needs to be added in, as a means to stay ahead of the competition. I can help you with a work flow, essentially ;-)

I think the 1.0 version could have:

1. Interface into a "beta" email system. I vote Exchange (I can get you in on Exchange, and a lot of there users require a long certification process - I can pull some strings ). ;-)

2. Bolt on an interface that has the same look and feel (as the beta group is accustomed)...

3. Provide ability to right-click (and/or menu click) on email record and "re-assign" it. Down and dirty could be provide your properties bag in a pop-up control.

This (or any variant thereof) would set a baseline for some very productive modules going forward, I believe.

I truly believe your company is not the type to tip-toe in to a cutting edge lion's den like this, but instead running and screaming, punching it in the mouth. It's happening and in a year or two i feel most productivity apps will have it. As noted, I am willing to help on whatever level you like, technical or functional. My services are free because I love Toodledo and want to see it stay ahead!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next