ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Adrien Beau"
Adrien Beau

Score: 1
Posted by smatics:
I am pleasantly surprised how far competitors like ToDoist has come since I last looked at them, and for less than half the price of ToodleDo's new individual plan. Their mobile apps look really nice.

When was the last time you looked at them? I was subscribed for one year in 2014, and fled when their redesign landed. It looked nice, but with only five or six tasks per screen, it was quite inefficient in actual use. Looking at current screenshots, this does not seem to have changed. The lack of data backup and export was also quite bad, have they improved this?
Adrien Beau

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Task notes disappearing on 1st Jan?
Score: 0
I have not received this email (maybe because I have let my subscription lapse). I would be glad if someone could share the image of the new plans, as I am currently inching back to Toodledo, and need to know what lies ahead.
Adrien Beau

Posted Oct 04, 2018 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
Score: 2
There's a link at the bottom of the page: "Powered by Canny", which links to canny.io.

So they are using a third-party service (SaaS, software-as-a-service) which is I my opinion the best thing to do in their case (small team, need to focus on the core product). I would have been more worried if they had spent energy on a custom rewrite of what plenty others have certainly done before. Though I would have been impressed at how slick it looked. :)
Adrien Beau

It might also be useful to know what machine is used, and what browser. It is likely that old CPUs and old browsers have trouble running the new task section with good speed, while recent machines and browsers are just fine.
Adrien Beau

I find I tend to use Google Keep more and more, to capture ideas and set-up simple reminders, because the Android interface is so much better than Toodledo. Unfortunately, I have no integration set-up between the two, this is becoming an issue I have to address.
Adrien Beau

Posted Aug 23, 2017 in: Several bugs in the "new layout"
As a user of French keyboards (also with Alt Gr key), I find that it is unfortunately very common to have issues with shortcuts using such "alternative" characters. Oftentimes because the developers themselves have a hard time testing foreign keyboard mappings, but also because the APIs and languages used by them make it hard or even impossible to properly handle it. In the particular case of Toodledo, I believe it is very hard to get it right considering it uses Javascript running in many different browsers.

The best bet, rather than managing to handle Alt Gr who knows how, would be to have a way to customize keyboard shortcuts, so that users of foreign keyboards can map each feature to a normal key of their choosing.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2017.
Adrien Beau

Posted Jul 04, 2017 in: Removing Pagination on Tasks Beta
As you may know, Toodledo has limited development resources, and they are currently focused on a deep rework of the Tasks section. In my opinion, a very good decision. As part of that rework, an attempt was made to improve GUI speed by limiting the number of tasks displayed at once; like others, I do believe pagination is misguided, though there may be other, more difficult, solutions. Knowing a bit of how such web sites work, this was most likely not an expensive or difficult attempt. A low-hanging fruit in a way.

The other features you mention, and that some users have requested for years, are significantly more difficult to implement, and can have complicated and far-reaching consequences. I would prefer if Toodledo also made progress on that front, but I prefer they are focused on one big task, and going through with it, rather than half-assing many things at once.
Adrien Beau

Posted Jun 30, 2017 in: Offline access?
Posted by Chris_45:
A dedicated app which synced regularly would be perfect - I realise that's not very easy to develop though...! But it would certainly give peace of mind

You've just described the already existing Android and iPhone apps. ;-)
Adrien Beau

Excellent, thanks!
Adrien Beau

I use a Saved Search for that:

Name: "Done 14-days"
Match [x] All of the following criteria:
- "Checked Off" "yes"
- "Date Completed" "was in the last" [14] days

Of course, you can adapt the number of days to 2 or 3...
Adrien Beau

Posted Apr 27, 2017 in: Several bugs in the "new layout"
What do you do after you perform your changes? Do you immediately close the browser and/or the computer, or do you let some time pass to give a chance to sync to do its job?
Adrien Beau

Posted Apr 27, 2017 in: New Section: Lists
Note that you can select any number of days, not just "two days". Quite useful to have an overview of the current week, the next week-end, the planned holidays, etc.

I don't notice the lag you mention. Others have reported it, but it seems to depend, maybe on how powerful your computer is, and/or your browser.
Adrien Beau

The "calendar is too big" issue has been reported since the early days of the public beta. I understand it is not so easy to fix, but I hope you can put some time into improving it. Otherwise the calendar is excellent once you get used to the new features.
Adrien Beau

Posted Feb 27, 2017 in: Logging times
When you do a seach that includes the "Date Completed" in its criteria (for example, "Date Completed was in the last 14 days"), then the "Date Completed" column is shown and can be sorted. I don't know about exporting.
Adrien Beau

I don't use the Android app much, but I can confirm I had this happen to me after I upgraded the app. I have not tried to reproduce, but I did not do anything fancy in the app, possibly just checking off a task, as you did.
Adrien Beau

Posted by Franconius:
Okay, the whole "calendar"-section has been replaced by the "dates"-section which offers a "calendar"-window (with very large numbers in the new layout, by the way).

Yep, I complained about those excessively large numbers as soon as the beta was started, but have not seen an answer to that particular point. I have looked at the CSS and HTML, hoping it could be easy to reduce the size, unfortunately this is not the case.

Posted by Franconius:
But the old calendar-section had a filter called "Show on calendar" which is missing now. This could be used to display only the tasks that are due on any given date. In the beat-version, you always see all the tasks with a start date until that day.

I have enabled the Due Date but not the Start Date feature, and the beta calendar works fine for me. When I click on a day, it only shows the tasks that are due on that day. (Also, it is possible to click-drag over the calendar to select a arbitrary range of days, and it shows all tasks that are due in that range, and that is awesome!)

Posted by Franconius:
Is there an alternative to this much-used, but now missing function or would you please bring this feature back?

It seems this is an unforeseen issue rather than an abandoned feature. You should open a support ticket from the beta itself (the "cartoon bubbles" icon at the bottom left of the screen).
Adrien Beau

Posted Feb 01, 2017 in: Turning off Hotlist emails
It looks like it is possible (I have not tested it).

- Go to your your Account Settings
- Click Edit at the end of the Login Email line
- There is an Email Reminders checkbox. Uncheck it, click on the Save Changes button
Adrien Beau

Saved searches all show up here. They work just fine (and much faster than before).
Adrien Beau

Posted Jan 13, 2017 in: Due Date & Repeeting Tasks
This is correct if you use the default recurring settings (repeat based on the due date). In that case it will add one year to the due date, so it will be on the same day.

You can also set it to recur based on the completion date, in that case it will add one year on the day you mark the task complete (maybe several days after the completion date).
Adrien Beau

Posted Dec 22, 2016 in: Today's Tip: Quick Link in Sidebar
That is a true, but only for the fields that can be organized:

- Folders
- Contexts
- Goals (I suppose)
- Tags
- Location (I suppose)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next