ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tannen"
tannen

Score: 0
  • tannen
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2019
  • Score: 0
I found this same bug, but oddly enough, it only happens in the Hotlist view. I haven't had the problem in Folder view, Priority view, etc. Also, it seems like this bug occurred at pretty much the same time the "L" key batch edit bug occurred...

It's probably terrible forum etiquette to bring this up in an existing thread, but how the heck is this "L" key batch edit thing supposed to work? Every time I press "L" nothing happens. I have keyboard shortcuts enabled and all of the other shortcuts work. I've tried "L" in many different views and nothing ever happens.
tannen

Posted Oct 26, 2018 in: Main tasks page outage?
  • tannen
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2018
Aaron,

Once this problem is fixed, which I hope is *VERY* soon, would you please be so kind as to let us know what happened and why? I think I can speak for most users when I say that there is an extreme amount of nervousness in the Toodledo community these days and transparency in these kinds of situations is very important.

Any outage is very disruptive and concerning, especially since Toodledo is rarely down. And it's very concerning that this outage comes so soon after the new (and problematic) privacy policy was issued....

This message was edited Oct 26, 2018.
tannen

Score: 3
  • tannen
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2018
  • Score: 3
Same here - seeing MANY network errors since the pop-up appeared stating that Toodledo has been updated. Very worried....
tannen

Posted Mar 11, 2018 in: Task View filtering broken
  • tannen
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2018
As of this morning filtering appears to be broken in the Tasks view. It does not appear to browser specific - I am experiencing this problem in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox on a Windows 10 PC.

When I logged in this morning I found that tasks with Start and Due dates of tomorrow are displaying even though I have "in the future" tasks hidden in the filter options. Since I normally use the Priority view, I switched to the Hotlist view and I'm seeing the same problem (I verified my Hotlist settings are still set for "Has a due date in the next 1 days"). I use Ultimate Todo List on my Android devices and they are not displaying tomorrow's tasks, so this appears to be a Toodledo web browser issue.

This is really distracting - can you please look into this and fix the problem as soon as possible? Thank you.
tannen

• tannen
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2017
Apologies if it's not appropriate to post this here, but I've recently found a potentially related problem in Firefox - multi-line sentences in task notes don't word wrap correctly. An example of what I'm seeing:

The pictures in the Test Labels and Test folders have been added to Google Photos albums of the same name, but th
ey do not automatically synchronize.

It's not consistent on every multi-line sentence, but it occurs often enough to make the notes hard to follow. Also, I've found that this problem does not occur in Chrome.
tannen

• tannen
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2017
A ticket has been created. Thanks.
tannen

• tannen
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2017
First off, thank you for working so hard to knock out the bugs in the new Tasks view. Especially the problems with the Calendar view - it's now working perfectly and the new look is fantastic.

The problem I'm seeing now is with repeating tasks. Quite a few of them are not showing the repeat icon in the check box and they are showing "No Repeat" in the task details, but they are showing correctly in the old Tasks view and in Ultimate Todo List on my Android. Again, this is only in the new Tasks view and I'm seeing it both in Firefox and Chrome.

This one is a bit disconcerting. I hope it will be an easy one to fix.

Thanks again.
tannen

Posted Mar 08, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
  • tannen
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2017
BIG problem just discovered in the new version....

Some (and only some) of my repeating tasks aren't showing as repeating tasks - they have the correct start and due dates, but the repeat icon isn't showing in the check box and they are showing "No Repeat" in the task details. Searching on tasks that repeat yearly displays 94 in the old version and 64 in the new version. This is really weird, and a little scary, because those tasks are showing correctly in the old Tasks view and in Ultimate Todo List on my Android.

Unfortunately, this is a major showstopper for me so I've gone back to the old version until this issue can be sorted out. Thanks in advance for looking into it.
tannen

Posted Mar 07, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
  • tannen
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2017
No worries - and thank you!

Posted by Jake:
Yes, I can confirm that Firefox can't do the calendar filters. I'll get this fixed. Sorry.
tannen

• tannen
Thanks for that information, Jake. I couldn't select any of the options, so I went to Chrome to test. I clicked on the "eyeball", selected "@Due", and it worked fine. I went back to Firefox (64 bit, version 52), which is my primary browser, and I found that I couldn't select any of the "@" options. Looks like the problem is in Firefox. :-(

Posted by Jake:
If the calendar isn't showing anything its probably because the filters have it set to not show anything. Click the "eye" icon and then in the calendar filter, click the things you want it to show.
tannen

Score: 5
  • tannen
  • Score: 5
So far it looks fantastic - much cleaner and easier to work with.

One thing that's confusing is how date range selection in the new Calendar view is supposed to work. If I click on Due Today, Due Tomorrow, or Any Due-Date in the top left pane I see the tasks that I should see in the right hand pane. The problem I'm having is trying to use the circular date selector in the lower left pane. If I click on a date, move the mouse to another date, then click again so the date range is highlighted in blue I'm finding that there are no tasks showing in the right hand pane. Same problem just clicking on a single date to highlight just that one day - I still don't see tasks in the right hand pane.

Am I missing something or is the Calendar view not working?

Thanks.
tannen

Posted Dec 16, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
Score: 1
  • tannen
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2015
  • Score: 1
Wow. The visual changes and updated layouts are nice and very much appreciated, but this is one of the best enhancements so far. I've always been a keyboard junkie so I jumped right into the improved Quick Add - after playing around for less than a minute, I saw right away that it will be my primary method for adding new tasks. Very well done - and thank you!
tannen

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
  • tannen
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2015
That would be completely awesome - thanks very much, Jake!
tannen

Score: 2
  • tannen
  • Score: 2
I should have been more clear - I was trying to find keyboard commands for changing between Grid mode and Multi-line mode, but apparently they don't exist for those views. Is it possible to add them?

Thanks.
tannen

• tannen
Thanks for the info, Purveyor - I appreciate it. It's good to know about "Z", and while that does work, it still isn't quite the same as switching from Multi-line to Grid. Using "Z" essentially gives me Grid mode, but it only allows me to see a fraction of my tasks due to the fact that there is so much extra information from all the task details and notes. I'm hoping there's a keyboard command that will allow me to switch directly from Multi-line to Grid without the extra mouse clicks.
tannen

• tannen
While I'm not wild about this change either - I switch between Grid format and Multi-line format MANY times a day - but I guess I can get used to using keyboard commands if I have to. One problem though - what ARE the keyboard commands? I don't see them when I press "?" for keyboard command help...
tannen

Posted Sep 14, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
  • tannen
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2015
Awesome - this is a nice feature - and I'm looking forward to see what else you guys have up your sleeves! I usually work with the ribbon collapsed and at times it was slightly annoying that it would pop open when one of the icons was selected, so it's really nice to be able to move between sections using the breadcrumb bar while keeping the ribbon collapsed. Great job!
tannen

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • tannen
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2015
Bravo! I just wanted to throw in my $.02 and say THANK YOU for implementing the Ribbon - with all the redesign work done recently, this is the single largest improvement to Toodledo so far! Brilliant!

There is one minor little thing I would like to see addressed - I use lots of bullet lists in my task notes (using UL and LI tags) and they used to be spaced properly, but in both of the last two updates the amount of vertical space in the bullet lists has increased <dramatically>. Now when I open a task note there is so much vertical white space I can only see 11 or 12 lines without scrolling. I love the new fonts and the new look, but this is big issue for me - can this please be fixed without losing any of the other visual improvements?

Thank you.
tannen

Posted Aug 12, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
  • tannen
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2015
Jake, the quick fix on the white space problem is VERY much appreciated!!

I'm also curious about the number 1 on the avatar but there's no rush on that.

skip
tannen

Posted Aug 12, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
  • tannen
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Ok, I see the problem now. Will work on a fix.

Thanks SO much, Jake!!
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next