• Score: 0
Any news, please?
LSF_2

Posted Mar 29, 2024 in: Backup
Score: 0
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2024
Is there any news on an automated backup procedure?

I currently use a backup programme to open a batch file which then opens the backup pages within Toodledo. It works, but it is clunky and will only work when a session is already open and does not require 2FA details to be entered.
LSF_2

Posted Oct 30, 2022 in: Chrome Addon
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2022
Further to this post, I've found a product called Webcatalog which is some software that is installed onto a PC. You then search for Toodleo and that gives you the ability so use Toodledo on a stand alone basis.

So far, it has proven to be very good.
LSF_2

• LSF_2
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2022
Posted by BScCollateral:
Looks like the application lost all the tasks I imported as a CSV file. Good job, new team!

Go easy on them. Have they confirmed there is a bug in their system?
LSF_2

Posted Oct 16, 2022 in: Emailing In
Score: 2
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2022
  • Score: 2
I have since found out that I must put the criteria in the subject field and not the main message body and all is working.

However, I tend to BCC my Toodledo email address into communications with people so this will simply create a task. If I start adding criteria into the subject box, this does not look very professional.

Is there anyway to overcome this?
LSF_2

Posted Oct 16, 2022 in: Emailing In
Score: 1
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2022
  • Score: 1
Can someone assist me with the problem I have when I email into Toodle do? The problem that I have is that the task never appears in the correct folder - it always appears in the no folder section.

This is an extract I have taken from the help section from Toodledo:

* Folder - To set the folder use the * symbol and then type the name of your folder. For example: "*ProjectA".
LSF_2

Posted Oct 04, 2022 in: Chrome Addon
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2022
I too have that one installed.

I really like the other one though as, essentially, it is stand alone.

It will be a real shame if that goes?
LSF_2

Posted Oct 02, 2022 in: Backup
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2022
I am currently using a batch file to create an automated back up. It is clumsy and not trustable as it relies upon a web page being open all the time.

My concern is that I have multiple devices which sync with Toodledo and it takes one problem on one of them and all data can be lost at worst or at best one task to be missed; this has happened a couple of times now.

The ability to be able to restore is absolutely critical.

Are there any solutions out there or does the team have any plans to incorporate such a feature?
LSF_2

Posted Sep 29, 2022 in: Chrome Addon
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2022
I use the Chrome addon for Toodledo which is great.

However, I had a warning message today stating this will no longer work in a few months time.

Do we have any other options to this as it will be a real shame to lose it?
LSF_2

• LSF_2
  • Posted: Apr 16, 2022
Posted by hasnain_2:
Dear Community Members,

We completely understand that beta creates a lot of hesitation in wanting to use the new mobile apps. (We also understand that previous versions have caused the loss of data which is very painful...).

We would like to understand what the biggest hurdle is in downloading and using the beta version:

a) losing 100% of my data

b) one task gets accidentally deleted/merge conflict (coming from offline connecting to online)

c) missing functionalities

if c) then --> which are the minimum features you require to use the beta version?

as a side note, we have had over 800 sessions with the current beta apps (android and iOS), and not a single app crash so far!

Looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Hasnain

A plus B.
LSF_2

• LSF_2
  • Posted: Apr 16, 2022
Posted by -JOD-:
Great stuff indeed - and thanks, strativourakis, to share your final solution. I have just tried it and no problems found. Now I just zip the result and back it up on my Onedrive - and set up a recurring task to run a BAT:-)

This is similar to what I do. The problem, however, is that you need to be logged in all the time and where I have this set as an automated daily task on a server, if the webpage crashed, then the backup doesn’t run.
LSF_2

• LSF_2
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2022
I think this post really reinforces the need for the system to have a proper backup facility.

I have a bodged together back up system in place which opens a batch file which in turn downloads the back up data from Toodledo but it is clumsy.
LSF_2

• LSF_2
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2022
I use Pocket Informant with Toodledo too and use the iOs reminder in there. A while back, I made the mistake of deleting all completed tasks which also included the Toodledo one - I did not want this to happen.

Thankfully, I created a backup before deleting and I was able to restore this. Once the backup was restored this had the effect of bringing back all of the completed items in Pocket Informant and but leaving the deleted IOS reminders as deleted.
LSF_2

Posted Jan 28, 2022 in: How do I mass delete 2000 todos ?
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2022
Why is this preventing you from using it?
LSF_2

• LSF_2
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2022
What was the other application you were using?
LSF_2

• LSF_2
I use Syncback to backup all my data and including Toodledo.

As part of Syncback and before the profile run, I have a batch file which points to the Toodledo backup page and that runs as and when Syncback does.

It’s not at all clean and it means that you need to leave Toodledo logged in in the server but it seems to work.

I really think having a backup procedure is crucial because, if like me, you have multiple sync devices, then you need regular hourly backups to run.
LSF_2

• LSF_2
Interesting!

Anyone share more information on this?
LSF_2

Posted Dec 20, 2021 in: Naming a saved search
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2021
You need to go to the right of the page and from a drop down menu (?) choose rename the applicable search.
LSF_2

Posted Dec 20, 2021 in: Batch edit select all
  • LSF_2
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2021
I got caught in this same issue I think.

You need to look to the right and then turn on the relevant button to batch change all tasks.
LSF_2

• LSF_2
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2021
I am pleased to say this bug has been dealt with and the system is working as expected - you simply hit auto-update and then the tasks update.

Posted by PamelaH:
Posted by Toby Goldsmith:
I have actually raised a support ticket on a similar subject to this as it is not working as expected.

If you go to here: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php then look for Overdue Tasks, you can check to ensure that you have it enabled.

In addition to this setting, there was a bug where this overdue popup wouldn't always trigger when it should have.
We have released a fix today that hopefully should resolve this issue. If you still aren't seeing the popup as expected, please file a support ticket so we can look into it.

Pamela - the inference is that when enabling this setting, the system would update automatically. Is there a way to enable this or does it require the user hitting the update button post midnight?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next