ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by AJS"
AJS

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Calendar?
Score: 0
  • AJS
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
  • Score: 0
I really like the new Calendar. I didn't use it much before because I stopped using due dates but I love the fact that you can now select a whole week's view. Might have a tinker with different views and see if I can make more use of it again.
AJS

• AJS
It's an improvement on the old version but the problem is it's a lot worse than the Stylish skin I was using MacOSX. High priority tasks aren't bolded any more which reduces the visual impact. The layout I don't mind so much, no doubt I'll get used to it quite quickly, but I was hoping for a much cleaner less dingy look to be honest. I hope the Stylish skin guys can do their magic pretty darn quick!
AJS

• AJS
Wow. I thought my skin had wrecked the UI but I see now that it was an update. It looks a bit strange but I'll have a proper look around before commenting proper.
AJS

Posted May 18, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • AJS
  • Posted: May 18, 2011
Incidentally, I don't know if it has been mentioned but this skin has the folders view lined up down the left pane rather than across the top which means you can use this quite effectively as a project view if needed.

P.S.

earnjam,

there doesn't seem to be an option to close the sort filter which remains open. Not a major glitch but something that could be ironed out nonetheless.

This message was edited May 18, 2011.
AJS

Posted May 10, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • AJS
  • Posted: May 10, 2011
earnjam,

that looks a million times better. I haven't been using Toodledo for some time now due to getting fed up of looking at it, but your latest update really makes a difference.
AJS

Posted Apr 21, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
  • AJS
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Yes it's the main task fonts that could do with being slightly larger just for visibility purposes, the menus can stay just the way they are. If you look at one of the other windows applications (costs $20) that syncs with Toodledo, I'd say their font is right, although I prefer the look and functionality of Due Today.

Otherwise a good job. If you get this right I'll probably go for the android app as well.
AJS

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Due Today for Windows
  • AJS
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2011
Chris

when you say "that everything is available on one screen (and it's resizeable)"

what do you mean exactly? I love the new layout but the task fonts are tiny. I would love the ability to adjust their size so that they look right on a widescreen desktop. At the moment they are miniscule so a lot of useful screen space is wasted.

Other than that, I'm loving the new improved ribbon look.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2011
Have to say that the apps I've used are pretty good already, GTD and Ultimate do a pretty good job, and there are other 3rd party apps as well. It's the web app itself which could do with a few changes for me.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2011
Hi Chris,

Just had another look at Due Today and was quite impressed by the changes made since I last tried it. The control panel on the left is the best I've seen, and the overall UI is also clean and seems to have adopted some of the best ideas of some of the paid web apps out there.

Major props for implementing the drag and drop feature.

Suggestions? The star icon should just be a gold star, not red with a white border. Main body tasks should be in a larger font than the control panel. Not by much, just enough to distinguish the difference.

bold high priority tasks.

other than that this looks better than most.

This message was edited Apr 07, 2011.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2011
Posted by k.blattmann:
I am use Toodeldo because it was the only GTD tool that had a deceent Android app. I think NirvanaHQ looks great (better), but with no Android app, I won't use it (waiting with baited breath for the Android App). If GotToDo keeps developing (tags?), it would keep me with Toodledo. If the app falls behind, I jump ship!

Same here. I have had a look at the beta version of NirvanaHQ update and the newest version is the best implemented web app I've seen. In fact it's better, and just as fast as native desktop apps. Unfortunately it doesn't have an android app, but I'll be upgrading my phone soon so I will probably use their mobile web app then.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2011
I think there's plenty of interest in the desktop client, just there hasn't been a polished enough version delivered at this stage which will persuade enough people to pay for it.

Some of the UI's are not very user friendly and look amateurish at best.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2011
Chris, There doesn't seem to be any help file or tutorial available. There are few things which I find confusing, like why I have tasks in my inbox which have been assigned contexts. Or how I can set a task in the future so it won't show up until the start date. I tried to set up what seemed the obvious filter rules but either only future tasks showed up or none.

Also the programme doesn't seem that stable yet as it crashed when I tried to close it first time, although subsequently it seemed ok.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2011
Posted by chris:
I've got a desktop client for ToodleDo called "Due Today". It has desktop alerts, a daily overdue reminder and you can enter tasks from any window by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T (as long as the program is running, of course).

You can find out more here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/products/windows/DueToday

That looks just the job. Shame this wasn't available a few days ago, I could have saved $20 on another programme which doesn't appear to have the ability to hide future start dates while this one does. The UI looks great too. I'll give it a whirl on the trial anyway.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2011
I have actually purchased this despite having earlier reservations because I do like having a dedicated offline task manager but there are still a couple of features I would like to see. Is there any way you can set a future start date and have it hidden from view until that date like in the web app?

The fact that tasks now disappear when they are completed swung it for me in the end. Nice update.

This message was edited Mar 06, 2011.
AJS

Posted Mar 01, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • AJS
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2011
  • Score: 1
I've been using Gqueues for the last week or so despite it not having a mobile app and while it's certainly not as comprehensive as Toodledo, I must admit coming back to the TD UI was a rude shock. Got to say that the Gqueues mobile browser version works surprisingly well but I miss things like start date.
AJS

Posted Feb 20, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • AJS
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2011
Could you put up an explanation how to change the font colours for related settings? I use medium priority as a default setting but the font comes up green which looks fairly sickly.How could I change that to black/blue and high to red?

I know it's fairly simple if you have any code savvy but I don't so spell it out please!
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2011
Use the start date function. If you set it to a future date it won't show until then. If you haven't got that feature enabled you can go into Account Settings and enable the field from there.
AJS

Score: 1
  • AJS
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2011
  • Score: 1
To be honest I think it's worth that price even without the upgrade. Remember the Milk is $25 if you want the version which syncs to a mobile app. I'm pretty sure you get that with the free version of Toodledo.
AJS

• AJS
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2011
I use contexts, home, work, errands and so on. Incidentally I liked Google Tasks as tasks showed up on the Calendar but if you separated into different contexts only one context at a time showed up. That's what led me to looking for a full blown task manager in the end.
AJS

Posted Jan 11, 2011 in: TD workflow: priority vs. due date
  • AJS
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2011
I only use priorities for something that I really need to stand out or that is very important. I've tried using with and without due dates but I am using them all the time now. I don't give every task a due date, but I put them on items due today or within the next week as this gives a nice overview af what is on my schedule for the week. Other tasks are either dated for the end of the month or left undated.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next