ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Sam"
Sam

Posted Aug 14, 2018 in: New Homepage - feedback welcomed!
Score: 1
  • Sam
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2018
  • Score: 1
Hey folks, we have a new homepage, check it out: https://www.toodledo.com/

Keep in mind, this is v1 and we prfer to iterate on our work and launch fast, even if that means things aren't perfect. So you can expect this page to improve/change...but it's a wonderful start, I think!

We're also creating a new referral program so you can earn a compilation of cash and/or free premium subscription perks if you share Toodledo with your friends.

Talk soon,

Sam
Sam

Score: 0
  • Sam
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2018
  • Score: 0
Hey folks,

We've been focusing a ton on recruiting a talented team so we can make Toodledo great.

And what better place is there to recruit than from our community!?

We're focused on three roles right now. They're all remote: https://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php

1. iOS Engineer - LET'S MAKE THE TOODLEDO iOS APP GREAT!
Toodledo has one of the top-rated productivity apps out there. However, we are hiring a team to help make some improvements. This position will initially be a 3-month contract with the option to become fulltime.
Apply here: https://toodledo.wufoo.com/forms/zi99pk11uw9fwz/

2. Android Engineer - LET'S MAKE THE TOODLEDO ANDROID GREAT!
Same as the above.
Apply here: https://toodledo.wufoo.com/forms/zi99pk11uw9fwz/

3. Growth Marketer - LET'S MAKE TOODLEDO THE WORLD'S BIGGEST PRODUCTIVITY TOOL!
Fulltime. This is a VERY entrepreneurial role. What you're good at: Running profitably paid campaigns on Google and Facebook, email marketing, funnel optimization, and an understanding of copywriting.
https://toodledo.wufoo.com/forms/m19mthxh0k60078/

And if you refer someone to work here, we'll give you $500!

- Sam

This message was edited Dec 11, 2018.
Sam

Score: 10
  • Sam
  • Score: 10
Hey folks,

As mentioned, we're redesigning the landing page that new users will see when they land on toodledo.com.

So, we're looking for some testimonials!

Want to get involved?

If so you can reply to this thread or email me at [email protected].

In your response, please answer:

1. Why are you using Toodledo instead of other products?
2. What benefits have you found with Toodledo and how has it impacted your productivity?
3. What are your favorite features?
4. What's your typical Toodledo use case?

Also, please include:

1. Your first name
2. What industry (and company, if possible) you work for
3. Your job title
4. How long you've been a user

And if you can, please send me a photo!

Thanks all,

Sam
Sam

Posted Jul 29, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • Sam
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've read them all and am documenting some things. We'll have more updates soon on the marketing stuff. After that, we'll be working on product issues and I'll refer back to this.
Sam

Posted Jul 26, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • Sam
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2018
Posted by GSP1963:

Oh, and if I would make a suggestion in terms of the landing page, it would be this: Be sure to mention that Toodledo is designed to allow the user to customize the tool to his needs. Something like: "Add fields, delete fields, rearrange their display, use tags or don't, build custom searches--all this, and more, is possible. The product can be as simple or complicated as you want. Chances are, the way you managed your todo lists a year ago was different than today, and will be different a year from now. Toodledo is the one todo manager that can be reconfigured to meet your needs."

This is helpful thanks. I've been using Toodledo for a while now and have used many other apps in the past. However, I rarely customize things. I just use the basic features. The customization piece wasn't a huge surprise to me when I saw people saying they love it as I know the community, but I was surprised at how many people actually love that.

Can you tell me a little about your set up and how it compares to the other apps you've used?
Sam

Score: 2
  • Sam
  • Score: 2
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by Sam:
We’ve come to the conclusion that people love the product as is and that adding new features should not the #1 priority at the moment.
How did we come to this conclusion? By speaking with you all! We did multiple surveys, calls, shared emails, and more.

Hre are some results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uuxJcDRlCIUvRSvl5IVQF2TmAgGhKl2u/view?usp=sharing
213 responses??

How many Toodledo users are there?

So we got about 900 replies to my first survey along with 10 pages of comments on the last thread. This survey with 230ish replies was sent to about 400 people who answered the 900 person survey and told me I could contact them again with more questions. Toodledo has over 1m people who've ever signed up.
Sam

• Sam
Posted by Olivir2018:
"More likely than not, this won’t be so much of a pricing change, but combining the Gold and Platinum package."

This could be both logical and scary, depending on the chosen price of the combined package... Also, I would imagine I am not speaking for the majority of subscribers, but hopefully you will keep the monthly auto renewal option (for me, even the Platinum price would not be off-putting, if being payed monthly).

P. S.: Thanks for being honest and transparent. It surely is helping gain more trust (in my eyes, I cannot speak for others).

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the auto-renew is interesting. I think it makes sense to have it optional but make it auto-renew the default, which I imagine will happen.
Sam

Posted Jul 26, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Sam
Sam

Posted Jul 25, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Score: 22
  • Sam
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2018
  • Score: 22
Hey Toodledo community,

This is Sam from Toodledo.

Last time we spoke I told you that I’d let you all in on our plans so you can follow along and give feedback as we go.

Well, my friend, here’s update #1.

Future plans
The past month my team and I have dug into the backend of the product, marketing, the community, analytics, and more.

We’ve come to the conclusion that people love the product as is and that adding new features should not the #1 priority at the moment.

So, if you only care about how this update will impact you personally, then you can stop reading here as there are no major product updates right now other than updating the iOS app.

But, if you want to know about changes on design, marketing, and the company, then keep on reading.

Survey
How did we come to this conclusion? By speaking with you all! We did multiple surveys, calls, shared emails, and more.

Hre are some results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uuxJcDRlCIUvRSvl5IVQF2TmAgGhKl2u/view?usp=sharing

We were amazed at a few things:

1. Lots of active users with accounts over a decade. Monthly user churn was far below other products like Toodledo. People love Toodledo.
2. A lot of people want the iPhone app to be updated - this is a priority of our’s. We’re currently hiring an iOS engineer (here’s the job posting!).
3. Most people don’t want major changes. While I believe users of most products say that yet are often pleased with updates that improve user experience, the responses show there’s an overwhelming attitude of “it works...don’t change!” The majority of changes request were minor.
4. Loads of people want a design update. Nothing major, but more updated and modern.

Design and marketing
The first move for us will be to update the design of the landing page. We looked at the conversion rate of new visitors to registered users and it can easily be improved. We feel that we can update the website to effectively explain the benefits of Toodledo and use a more modern design that’ll attract new users.

Here is a mock up of what the page will look like (the copy is just placeholder): https://imgur.com/a/dO5P8mZ

Also, nearly 99% of Toodledo users signed up organically with very little money spent on advertising or on content marketing. We planned on testing some paid marketing and will launch a blog that shows people how to use Toodledo and become more productive.

Pricing and number of users
I said this in the beginning, but we want Toodledo to be the best damn productivity tool out there. To do that, we need to sustainably (aka profitably) hire a talented team and invest into the product and people building it.

Given the current pricing structure, the only way we can afford this is by either adding new paid users or increasing the price of subscription for new users. A combination of both is most likely the answer.

So you’ll notice on the pricing page we will be running some tests. More likely than not, this won’t be so much of a pricing change, but combining the Gold and Platinum package.

Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users.

Conclusion

Ok folks, I think that’s everything. We’d love your feedback on the design and anything else. The last thread had ~10 pages of responses, so I wasn’t able to respond to all of them but read every word. So make sure to let us know your opinions in the forum as I read them all.

Talk soon,

Sam
Sam

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Sam
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2018
Posted by stateoftheart:
Thanks Jake for your great product.
Hi Sam and the team. Personally, I'm very worried reading the comments as I'm happy with toodledo as is. All the signs pointing that some useless features are going to be added, my productivity is going to suffer, and yet I will be going to be asked/tricked to pay more.
An unhappy Gold Subscriber for many years

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned, we have do not have any plans at the moment, so do not be worries. Can you point to my comments that made you feel we were about to add new features? I'd love to address them so we can clear the air.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2018.
Sam

• Sam
Posted by stateoftheart:
This is exactly what I was worried about. some stupid execs with zero understanding of actual productivity (please read the quote below very carefully) complain toodledo is "ugly" on iphone because they can't change the theme. New team sweeps in to dumb-ify the app to make some extra bucks off the GTD++++ or whatever fad of the day and we are all screwed.
In other words it will be a copy of countless todo apps in market.
It's official: toodledo as we know and love is dead in less than a year.

Posted by Sam:
Posted by kcrenshaw:
My company does productivity and management training for executives (www.priacta.com).
We've featured and recommended Toodledo as our #1 productivity tool for some time.

In live screen sharing and coaching sessions. I've seen Toodledo through the eyes of clients who love and struggle with it.

I'm also a developer and business owner and understand the need for backward compatibility and profitability.
I have some very specific feedback on what clients love, what we think should improve, and how to make more money from it with little effort.

We love and recommend Toodledo because it is highly customizable.
We configure it for TRO (a GTD++ approach, more productivity, less effort).
If that ever changes so we can't do that, we'd have to move to another tool instead. So the customization has to stay.

If you want to talk, reach out via http://kevincrenshaw.com (orange button at top or form at bottom).

In the meantime, the following are the biggest holdups for our clients:

- Ugly (non-colorful) UI on the iPhone app, no choice of themes.
Many execs would rather struggle with a more stupid but colorful app just because of the appearance!
Go figure. But true. One recent client said, "The user interface is 10 years old!"

- Shortcut keys are inadequate, lack of autocomplete.
Some clients rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts.
Some because of RSI and others for efficiency.
But lack of autocomplete and other problems make it nearly impossible to fill in task details *in a task grid* without using a mouse.
For example, clients struggle to use a keystroke-only approach to setting dates after tabbing to the field.

- And I know how you can make more money on it with almost no effort.
- And we may know how to expand it to a team workflow approach (TRO for teams) with the least effort, so you can start selling to teams like Asana does.

Kevin Crenshaw
Head Coach and Co-Founder
Priacta / Neverboss
www.priacta.com
www.neverboss.com

This is great Kevin, huge thanks. Can you email me so we can chat? [email protected]

You're afraid that we're open to chat with Kevin? As mentioned throughout this thread, our intention is to speak with as many of you as possible. I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to email me.
Sam

• Sam
Posted by kcrenshaw:
My company does productivity and management training for executives (www.priacta.com).
We've featured and recommended Toodledo as our #1 productivity tool for some time.

In live screen sharing and coaching sessions. I've seen Toodledo through the eyes of clients who love and struggle with it.

I'm also a developer and business owner and understand the need for backward compatibility and profitability.
I have some very specific feedback on what clients love, what we think should improve, and how to make more money from it with little effort.

We love and recommend Toodledo because it is highly customizable.
We configure it for TRO (a GTD++ approach, more productivity, less effort).
If that ever changes so we can't do that, we'd have to move to another tool instead. So the customization has to stay.

If you want to talk, reach out via http://kevincrenshaw.com (orange button at top or form at bottom).

In the meantime, the following are the biggest holdups for our clients:

- Ugly (non-colorful) UI on the iPhone app, no choice of themes.
Many execs would rather struggle with a more stupid but colorful app just because of the appearance!
Go figure. But true. One recent client said, "The user interface is 10 years old!"

- Shortcut keys are inadequate, lack of autocomplete.
Some clients rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts.
Some because of RSI and others for efficiency.
But lack of autocomplete and other problems make it nearly impossible to fill in task details *in a task grid* without using a mouse.
For example, clients struggle to use a keystroke-only approach to setting dates after tabbing to the field.

- And I know how you can make more money on it with almost no effort.
- And we may know how to expand it to a team workflow approach (TRO for teams) with the least effort, so you can start selling to teams like Asana does.

Kevin Crenshaw
Head Coach and Co-Founder
Priacta / Neverboss
www.priacta.com
www.neverboss.com

This is great Kevin, huge thanks. Can you email me so we can chat? [email protected]
Sam

Score: -1
  • Sam
  • Score: -1
Posted by M:
I could swear I posted right after I saw the announcement, but now I don't see (or remember!) my comment - and it's been largely covered by others, anyway.

I will add my two cents that the anonymity (not so much individual names, but the omission of past company affiliations leaves me wanting) is a little disturbing, esp. in light of what I, personally, saw as a fairly blatant drop in interest by Jake in recent months. I could feel Toodledo fading away, so this doesn't surprise me. This is not meant as any kind of insult against Jake - I can't tell you how many times I've thought, over my 8+ years of using Toodledo, "How does he do it??" The product is great, despite our continual "feature" requests, and that's all him. But there was a clear drop-off in postings and updates lately, so I've been researching alternatives for a while in desperation.

And, as others have said - for most Toodledo users, there is no alternative.

I answered your survey. But I'd also like to put in a request for "Toodledo Legacy" on the web to be left alone, as you develop whatever "Toodledo 2.0" becomes. Leave us and our data on the familiar standard, and then let us decide if we want to move to the new platform/version, when you have it ready.

And, as also already requested - don't let pricing get far from where we are now. Features of Toodledo are the driving factor in my staying with it, but pricing played a HUGE role in that, also.

Here are our linkedins: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parrsam/ and https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramon-van-meer-a19a01144/
Sam

• Sam
Posted by DanH_2:
Is there a particular reason for not including your last names and the names of the companies you have started in the past? I'm inclined to be optimistic, but these omissions seem strange to me.

Dan Hotchkiss

Here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parrsam and https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramon-van-meer-a19a01144/
Sam

• Sam
Posted by Nick E:
Woo hoo, here we go. Time to start thinking about migration to Google Tasks or another equivalent before it's too late....

What do you mean "again"?
Sam

Posted Jul 06, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • Sam
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2018
Posted by chowell:
Hi,

I have used Toodledo for years and it's been extremely handy. I don't have a lot of sophisticated needs, so I'm not sure if other apps on the market would suit me as well.

Two items:

1. Will you continue to offer the free version now available? I am a non-paying user (but have recommended it to many people over the years).

2. Suggested enhancement: A way to reassign all tasks not done today to tomorrow's date (or all overdue to "today") with 1-2 clicks.

Thanks and good luck with your new venture!

Carla

Thanks for the suggestion. As of now, we have no planned product updates or pricing changes in the works. We're going to spend the next few weeks/months getting to know the community and will announce any changes ahead of time.
Sam

Score: -1
  • Sam
  • Score: -1
Posted by jolesker_2:
Hi New Guys:

One and only one request: for Heaven's sake, be cautious and more cautious about making any changes to Toodledo. Just a brief scan of your comments leaves me queasy. Here's an example: "...no major changes are coming until we talk with as many users as possible." Gosh.

That sounds a lot like major changes are coming, and too soon.

Guys: I haven't met you. Maybe you're geniuses. But my working life depends on this tool. Please remember the old maxim: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Please also notice: TOODLEDO IS NOT BROKEN.

Good luck to you and all of us from

A Loyal Silver Subscriber of Many Years named

Josh

Thanks Josh! There are no major changes in the works at the moment but we'll 100% let folks know when/if they are coming.

This message was edited Jul 06, 2018.
Sam

• Sam
Posted by mjbernstein:
Hello

My name is Marc Bernstein. I am a liver doctor in St. Louis and have used Toodledo for years. I keep myself organized personally--business of course is on a HIPAA compliant massive data service. This turnover reminds me that I have entrusted a lot of planning to what seems to be a small operation. I am a platinum member--not because I need it but that is what the service is worth to me and how heavily I depend on it.

So with this transition I was wondering in the new owners might a bit more introduce themselves--training, computer-experience, business-experience, and stability? To be frank, how do we know that this is not three just graduated post-colleges being bankrolled by parents cutting their teeth on an online business into which they have no real skin the in the game such that one day Toodledo is just whoosh...Toodledone and Toodlegone?

As far as advancements (1) Add a calendar--I use Google for that but I am underwhelmed and (2) Refresh the user interface and add some color!

Good luck,

Marc

Hey Marc,

I'm from STL too. Went to SLUH and am from South City. Nice to meet you and thanks for the insights...means a ton.

I'm Sam. Went to Belmont University on a track and field scholarship. From there, I moved to Silicon Valley to start a few internet startups. A couple of them are many many millions in revenue and serving millions of customers. I specialize in creating cool products, leadership, and content marketing.

My partner here is Ramon. He's from Holland, moving to America many years ago. He's started many sites, the most popular ones being a product that helps people find flights and the world's most popular soap opera blog (go figure!).

Addionally, on our team (as employees and/or advisors) are a founder who created a large telecoomunications business that was acquired by one of the large telecoms, another founder who helped build a software business acquired by Rackspace, and a few other successful folks in the software space.

So, while there's a TON we have to learn, we've got a solid team with great experience behind us!

Hopefully this is a proper intro!
Sam

Score: 4
  • Sam
  • Score: 4
Posted by Douglas Osvath:
Congratulations Jake!

Welcome, Sam, Ramon, Anant and team.

From my experience I am always leery when there is a change of ownership in any business.

I am leery when a change of ownership occurs because people do not purchase a business unless they perceive that there will be a return on the initial investment with increased revenues in the future. As a businessman, I have never purchased a business unless these two conditions could realistically be met.

With that being said, I am sure that eventually our subscription prices will increase and be blamed on the need for additional employees, better computer architecture and some enhanced features that will be unimportant to many. Call me selfish and/ or rude, however this has been my experience with online services after they have been sold.

I do want to wish you all the best of luck in making Toodledo "The best damn productivity tool out there," and I will patiently wait to see how this transition goes before researching alternative solutions. I personally already feel that Toodledo is the best productivity tool available at its price point.
Finally, in your own words..." I hope these guys don't screw up a product that I already love."

Kind regards and respect,

Doug

Hey Doug,

I don't blame you for being nervous. We see it in the news all the time. Companies sell and then the new owners screw it up. That said, there are many examples of this done properly. Companies buy new products and push them forward and the community loves it. We're going to make Toodle one of those examples.

And we appreciate you giving us the benefit of the doubt before looking for a new product!!

sam
Sam

• Sam
Posted by Daron Brewood:
Guys this worries the heck out of me. Toodledo has been my go to productivity tool for a lot of years and across many platforms; web, iOS and Android. It is the only platform that meets my needs for organisational control.

Fingers crossed that you do not ruin the experience and keep me productive!

Thanks and good luck to all!

Daron,

I understand why you're worried. But as I've said in other places, no major changes are coming until we talk with as many users as possible. And, while we will make mistakes along the way, we will be transparent about upcoming changes and get your insight along the way.

You can always email me if you want to let me know any feedback or anything like that: [email protected].

sam
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next