ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by natgross"
natgross

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 0
  • natgross
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2015
  • Score: 0
Ok. Chrome problem solved! (It wasn't Chrome:)
The Toggle extension is not yet compatible with this new ribbon.
I disabled the Chrome Toggle extension, and the new layout is functioning properly.

nat
natgross

• natgross
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Yes, with a Subscription you can attach an outline to a task.

Cool. Thank you much.
natgross

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • natgross
It's great but is erratic on Chrome. Depending where the mouse pointer is, it does scroll like the old way, but broken. could be related to integrated Toggle, I don't know.
natgross

• natgross
Posted by Jake:
In the meantime, you may want to look at our Outlines section which has unlimited levels and is a good way to organize the small steps of a larger project.

Can I attach an outline to a task?
natgross

• natgross
Posted by Peter Scott:
Even one more level would make a huge difference.

In my case I need many more levels.
natgross

Posted Jun 19, 2015 in: Toodledo Android App
Score: 1
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jun 19, 2015
  • Score: 1
Extremely important to be able to snooze alarm notifications.
natgross

Posted May 15, 2015 in: Android Alarm not working
  • natgross
  • Posted: May 15, 2015
Yes! After enabling notifications--->alarms, it is working ok!
Alarms displayed in Chrome browser on desktop as well.

thanks
nat
natgross

Posted May 11, 2015 in: Android Alarm not working
  • natgross
  • Posted: May 11, 2015
On my Android device I click on alarm (when entering a new task) within x minutes or ~1 and make sure that the checkbox is checked.
But, not only does it fail to alert me on the desktop browser (with Toodledo active), it fails to alert me on the same Android device as well. AS if the alarm checkbox was not checked.

Thanks
nat
natgross

Posted Feb 08, 2015 in: Put the SHOW options on the sidebar.
  • natgross
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2015
The options on the SHOW pull down are powerful tools. However it is cumbersome to use.
If you put these options on the sidebar, not only can the user get instant feedback when changing a setting, but also can always see the current setting without the need to do anything. There is enough place on the sidebar to incorporate a new SHOW section.

thanks
nat
natgross

Score: 3
  • natgross
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2015
  • Score: 3
If you merge HABITS into Tasks, many problems can be solved. As follows.
A current shortcoming is the inability to mark and track recurring task MISSED. (Suggested workarounds are no good.)
If you think about it, ANY RECURRING TASK should have the ability to be completed as MISSED and graphed accordingly.
Voila! The entire HABITS section is obsolete! Why not build the habits chain for recurring tasks. Habits are simply tasks anyhow.
There is more to be said about this, but this is the basic idea.
Thanks
nat
natgross

Posted Feb 03, 2015 in: Progress Report - January 2015
  • natgross
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2015
Although Habits is nice, I am afraid it is diverting important resources from the core product.

There are many many important improvements required in the ui, as well as functionality (this software is in the majors), but the one feature missing that I really need, is multiple contexts per task.
natgross

Posted Jan 29, 2015 in: Outline Search
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2015
How do I locate a word inside an outline? True, the search function gets me the outline which has the searched word, but the outline can have many many levels and detail, how do I find the word inside the outline?
thanks.
nat
natgross

Posted Jan 27, 2015 in: Completed recurring future task. Not!
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2015
Exactly.

Thanks
nat
natgross

Posted Jan 26, 2015 in: Completed recurring future task. Not!
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2015
With all due respect, a [slight] flaw in the logic here. As follows.
Why do we need the completion date versus due date in the first place? Because, certain tasks need to be done x number of times per time period regardless of when completed (eg. read Toodledo forums 20 minutes each day), while others simply need to be done in a certain time frame repeatedly (eg mow the lawn every Tuesday), and if missed, as long as it gets done later, it's done!
So, if I missed reading TD forums for two days, I still need to make up for it on the third and have three tasks.
But if I didn't mow the lawn in a given week, I don't have to mow it twice the following week! Once ticked off [albeit late], it's done.
So far so good, if I complete the task late, we have two categories.

Now, same tasks, but I am a good boy and really in the mood of completing many tasks AHEAD of its time.
In the case of reading 20 minutes a day, I read 60 minutes today for the next 3 days; every time I ticked off the task I had the pleasure of seeing the due date pushed off another day, since it recurs based on due date.
But wait, I also decided to mow the lawn today Monday (I mean shovel the snow:) instead of Tuesday, a day early. TD insists I need to mow it again tomorrow! And of course it needs to be based on completion date, for the scenarios where I missed it a week and am late.

So the gist of it is, that it ain't cut and dry (the grass) and Toodledo needs to also differentiate if a task is completed late or in the future.

Although your developers might find it rather simple to implement this (based on the smarts in this program), explaining the options in the UI to all users might sound more complex than it really is. And might burden the users with too many options on the tasks.
Therefore, how about a real simple way to implement this. Allow ticking off a task with a ctrl-click combination as well. If a user ctrl-clicks a task to key it off, it means that Toodledo should deviate from the normal recurring algorithm for that task, and either automatically use the alternate recurring scheme, or allow the user the choice as how to recur that particular task instance.

My $0.02.
nat
natgross

Posted Jan 25, 2015 in: Completed recurring future task. Not!
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2015
Short story:
Task recurs daily. Due tomorrow.
Today I checked it off as completed.

Toodledo insists that it is still due tomorrow! Tried it on many recurring daily tasks.
Can't I check off a future recurring task as done??? (Regardless if set to recur from completion or task date, this should never happen.)

nat
natgross

Posted Jan 23, 2015 in: Tracking Tasks Failed
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2015
Sounds good to me.
Thanks.
nat
natgross

Posted Jan 22, 2015 in: Tracking Tasks Failed
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2015
What is the correct way to key off a task, especially a recurring [daily/weekly/whatever] task, that it was NOT DONE, and have it recur as if everything was fine and dandy.
Of course I would like to get a report as to how many fails versus success on that task.

Thank you.
nat
natgross

Posted Jan 21, 2015 in: Indented subtasks and page refresh
  • natgross
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2015
Posted by Jake:
What happens if you start with "show indented" and load the page that way. Does it look correct?

Good question. The answer is...no. Interestingly if after loading page this way, I click on the subtask icon, the subtasks fall into place correctly. But I now have a clue!
If the subtasks all have their own due dates, then it does NOT load/indent correctly until clicked on manually (which has to be redone after every refresh). In fact, they are inline.
If however, the subtasks are set 'as parent', they DO load correctly indented.
natgross

Posted Jan 21, 2015 in: Indented subtasks and page refresh
  • natgross
Tough question to answer because you visually see a difference. But for starters...
A page of tasks, say next 7 days, many of which have sub tasks due on different days; start out inline, then manually click on icon, all subtasks will [correctly] indent. However if you start out inline then choose Show--->indented, many tasks will not indent at all.
I am not even discussing the hidden option because I am confused as to when and how it differs from manually hiding the subtasks.

Thanks
nat
natgross

Posted Jan 21, 2015 in: Independant Multiple browser tabs
  • natgross
I see now that this happens within each category. If I have two Folder tabs open, each to a different folder, a refresh will cause both tabs to point to the same folder.
If not a bug, you can file this as a feature request. If TD can keep folder tabs idependant of time tabs, it should be able to keep any combination of tabs with their own view. Come to think of it, it must be a bug. Why would someone open multiple tabs if they all show the same data?:)
Besides, the feature gain, the productivity leap (let alone advertising this) is humongous, and with minimal effort of the dev team. It is a cinch for a programmer to keep track of each tab. BUT, in order for this to shine, please make sure that each tab's title reflects the contents of that view somehow (or allow users to title each tab).

nat
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next