ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Quang"
Quang

Posted Jul 16, 2010 in: iPhone - Start Page => New Task
Score: 0
  • Quang
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thanks, or better yet a "Add Task" button on every screen. I always confuse the "Add Task"/"New Task" button with the Task's "Action" button on the top right hand corner of the screen.
Quang

Posted Jul 02, 2010 in: iPhone - Start Page => New Task
  • Quang
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2010
Wish there was an option to make the Start Page, "Add Task".

Trying to figure out the quickest way to add a Task, and this might save me a few clicks.

In the App Store, there's an app called "QuickToodle", but they don't let you set the default fields.

I know in ToodleDo/Slim you can set the 'Default Start Page' to "Add Task" so I hope it isn't hard to add it to the iPhone App as well.

Cheers,
Quang
Quang

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
  • Quang
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
Hey Cool,

Thanks for these updates. The Note Icon on the left seems to work better for me! Now it's more noticeable when a task has an attached note.

The action icon will take some time to get use to, but so far is not that distracting...

Keep up the great work,

Quang
Quang

• Quang
  • Posted: May 25, 2010
In second thought, it might be better that the archived folders hide in search too.

If I wanted to search for an archive folder, I'd simply un-archive it.

This way all the archive folders doesn't clutter up the Folder's list on the Search View, which I use for my main/default view.

:)
Quang

• Quang
+1 I think it should inherit more then the Folder, perhaps Goal and priority, but getting it right seems to be tricky, understandable what will work for some people won't work for others.

And having a lot of options to config might be too much.
Quang

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Context vs. Folders
  • Quang
If you read Proximo's GTD setup he has a unique way of doing things that's a good first step to getting your customized GTD/Toodledo system.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html
Quang

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Able to hide items used
  • Quang
Yeh customized views / filters for each Tab/View would be good I think. (Or an option to make it customizable or not, cause I'd imagine some people like it that you set it once and it applies to all)
Quang

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Beginner : several questions
  • Quang
#1 I believe these are the only shortcuts.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=shortcuts

#2 For the Tabs I use the Search view and create my own tabs. Which seems to work real well for me. And under "Account Settings" you can turn off the features you don't use.

Toodle is pretty overwhelming at first and there's a learning curve to it, since it's so customizable and comprehensive, but once you customize it and remove the features you don't use, it really becomes attached to you.
Quang

• Quang
  • Posted: May 24, 2010
I know that if a folder is archived, it usually shows up on the Search's tab, Folders List when you go to search by folders "Folder is..."

But it's not showing up for me, I kind of like this because I use the Search Tab as my main tab. But it so happened I needed to search for an archived folder.

Perhaps there should be an option. I liked if the archived folders were hidden when you Click to change a task's folder, but should show up when you try to search "Folder is..."

Either way, how do you search for tasks in an archived folder?
Quang

Posted May 24, 2010 in: Context vs. Folders
  • Quang
Posted by dg:
FYI...be sure when you recommend using tags that you first check how tags are implemented in toodledo - http://www.toodledo.com/views/tag.php . I find toodledo's implementation unusable.

For tags to be used, they should be implemented the way virtually every other web applications implements them (see, for example, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_(metadata) or http://delicious.com/tag or...I could go on). That is, tasks could have multiple tags and the Tags page display them such that each divider was a single tag.

Try using multiple tags on a task and you'll see what I mean.

hmm it be interesting if the Tags page shows sibling-tags somehow in a cloud, so an "and" selection would be easier.

For the OP question about Folders vs Contexts, you should use folders for the most part.

Contexts are for locations, for example "Store", or perhaps even "Computer", "Internet"... I only have a few contexts.

But Folders is ToodleDo's main organization device i think, that and Contexts (TD's #2 i think) is the most flexible. I don't even use Tags.
Quang

Posted May 24, 2010 in: Beginner : several questions
  • Quang
My comments on your questions. (hopefully a couple answers too)

Welcome to ToodleDo, hopefully you love it, like a lot of us.

1) I actually have mid-term/life goals that don't have short-term goals attached. For something like "Be a Good Boyfriend"...

Perhaps you have too many goals. I've seen that Toodledo's two core organizers are Folders and Contexts, these two seems to provide the most flexibility.

2) Not sure, but I know you can add tasks through twitter. But perhaps this is it. http://www.toodledo.com/connect_email.php

You can find out more widgets/gadgets here too:
http://www.toodledo.com/connections.php

3) Press N to open the new task tab, also you should check out Multi-Adding, or use a bookmarklet/browser add-on.

good luck.

This message was edited May 24, 2010.
Quang

Posted May 24, 2010 in: Ability to drill down to one "task"?
  • Quang
What I do is,

Use *Star for the current task I'm working on.

And use a Save Search titled "Now*" which just displayed un-completed tasks with a Star.
Quang

Posted Apr 20, 2010 in: ~ General Praise for ToodleDo ~!!
  • Quang
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2010
Didn't know where else to put this.

ToodleDo is Amazing! I've been using it for the last 4-5 months and I can say it might be changing my productive life!

Don't change a thing! Keep the simplicity the way it is, it's great! I LOVE the Search functionality!

-Quang
Quang

Posted Mar 02, 2010 in: Fast Adding Subtasks
  • Quang
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Feature Request: A way to add subtasks faster.

Clicking "Add Subtask" often is cumbersome. Wish there was a way to add subtasks faster, through hot-key, bulk-add menu, or some other type of implementation.

Although I don't use subtasks much, I might do so more if the parent/subtask context is more robust... either way, thought I'd mention it.

Keep up the nice work guys, Toodledo is Awesome!

This message was edited Mar 02, 2010.
Quang

Posted Feb 15, 2010 in: Show All related Subtasks in Search
Score: 1
  • Quang
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2010
  • Score: 1
It's annoying that in the Search view, when clicking on the 'expand' icon for parent tasks, most often it's subtasks doesn't show up because "Some subtasks are hidden because of your search." So you would have to click "Show All" to see the sub-tasks" (2 clicks)

It'll be great if this could be reduced down to "one click" somehow... perhaps a "Show all related subtasks" in the search options.

Or if when clicking on the expand parent tasks button, if there isn't subtasks in that related search, it automatically shows all searches... although I'd imagine this will cause problem for other people.

A better idea would be perhaps to have a search criteria like:

IS SUBTASK: yes
HAS PARENT IN SEARCH: yes

This way you can show only the subtasks whose parent-task is already in the results...

This message was edited Feb 15, 2010.
Quang

• Quang
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Hey Joshua,

Not sure about Omnifocus, perhaps you should try it and see if you like it better.

Perhaps one reason not to switch is if in the future you use a PC or get an Android/Windows Mobile Phone...

But, perhaps you are not configuring ToodleDo enough, I find ToodleDo to be the most customizable todo list manager I've used, and I've used a lot.

What "View" do you spend most of your time on? I spend it on the "Search View" with customized searches and tabs for everything.

I don't use the "Status" or the "Context" functions on ToodleDo, but rely more on the *Star, Priority (each level has a different meaning), and Due-Dates.

Proximo's GTD setup, maybe a little too complex.

Everyone's different, the key to GTD is creating a customizable system that's exactly suits you and your liking.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2010.
Quang

Posted Jan 12, 2010 in: Evernote integration
  • Quang
Hey Cool, nice advice.

I too use the two headed monster for everything. Toodledo and Evernote. Haven't yet tried any integration though.
Quang

Posted Jan 12, 2010 in: +1 Sort Filter
Score: 2
  • Quang
  • Score: 2
3 search filters are good, 4 must be better :)

I'm actually in need (lol, to more fully optimized) my Search View. One more Sort By filter will be ideal... Want to sort Task/Subtask -> Priority -> Date Added -> Alphabetical

Or an even better feature would be to have an option of Custom->Sort By fields per TAB, (instead of just a View)

(Perhaps a custom default sort-by for the VIEW, then you can create a custom sort-by for the TAB. Every new TAB in the VIEW will use the default sort-by for the VIEW...)
Quang

Score: 1
  • Quang
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2010
  • Score: 1
Hey foley.mark,

It's funny you mentioned TimeLeft! I actually LOVE this program. (Bought the full version + extra skins)

Currently I have 4 timers.

2hours
1.5 hour
1 hour
30 mins...

When I start a "Pomodoro Set" I start all 4 timers. (Each Pomodoro Set is 25mins) So I try to do 4 pomodoros in a set.

I've been crazy productive lately. Also I use ToodleDo's Timers to keep daily track of how much time/pomodoro I did during the day.

For example "Plan Day []" = one pomodoro. Once I do this... it'll look something like "Plan Day [x]' 0:25" :)

note: also have no affiliation with TimeLeft/Nestersoft

This message was edited Jan 09, 2010.
Quang

Score: 2
  • Quang
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2010
  • Score: 2

How about better implementation of Tags instead?

Context is exactly how it sounds you should have only one context per task. I think having some restrictions, like one folder per task/one context per tasks forces us to be more productive and organized. Plus there's ways to get around limitations with a lil creativity.

"@ Computer", "@ Store", perhaps you could have something like "@Computer or Home"...? "@Work & @Phone" ?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next