ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mmghobri"
mmghobri

Score: 0
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2016
  • Score: 0
Woops sorry, I meant to ask about "multiple levels" of subtasks. Also wanted to ask about task dependencies (which would be resolved via multiple levels of subtasks).

Understanding that there's no database change helps answer my question though, as it sounds like it is still not possible.

This message was edited Oct 10, 2016.
mmghobri

Posted Oct 10, 2016 in: Android Update 5.8
  • mmghobri
Interface isn't the most 'material', but still great for complex search equivalent to saved searches and widgets: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.customsolutions.android.utl&hl=en

Their views (complex search/filters) don't sync with toodledo's saved searches, but have the same level of power, which fits my need.
mmghobri

Posted Oct 10, 2016 in: Improved IFTTT integration for Toodledo
  • mmghobri
Can "expected length" become an accessible field for IFTTT?

The use case is:
Beeminder to add up total productive time vs a beeminder goal. When any task with tag "track" is completed,IFTTT sends length to Beeminder, which adds it to graph. Beeminder would have a daily goal for productive time.

Would be useful to have "Actual length" also accessble to IFTTT, although not specific for my use-case.

This message was edited Oct 10, 2016.
mmghobri

• mmghobri
Looking at the beta now. I'm wondering if this is mainly a design change, or if the tasks database has been changed?

Will this enable subtasks or the like in the future?
mmghobri

Posted Jun 21, 2016 in: Toodledo Roadmap Update
Score: 3
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Jun 21, 2016
  • Score: 3
Ultimate Todo List is still the app of choice for power users of toodledo. Interface isn't the most "material design", but it has saved searches, as well as reactive widgets. Also interacts great with toodledo.

May want to give that a try, coolexplorer.
mmghobri

Posted May 17, 2016 in: Calendar and Toodledo
Score: 1
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: May 17, 2016
  • Score: 1
Would be great to drag/drop tasks along a calendar to change their start/due dates, or lengths. Similar to: http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/16/plan-launches-a-better-calendar-for-busy-people/ .. Feedback on how quick to implement would be great, but I'm expecting it won't be immediate. Still good to compete with what's coming up, as this is really close to a necessity and would take over the calendar apps currently.

Would also be great to have a manual sort field, to dictate actual priority (I'm currently using start date for this)
mmghobri

Posted Nov 25, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2015
These changes are fantastic, and the response to user feedback throughout the process is impressive.

One item to ask for in upcoming phases: custom columns that the user can populate manually similar to the existing 'tags' column (free typing, and cloud search, comma delineated, etc). What this would allow me to do is order my tasks manually through numerical priorities (essentially creating an infinite list of priorities, and letting me sort on that). Current priority column is too limiting, and closer due date does not always indicate higher priority, so the auto calculated 'importance' is not a valuable measure to me.

Currently, I'm using the length field to accomplish what I want, however would like to get back to using it for actual expected length. I do understand that this is more than a cosmetic change and requires database updates, but am hoping that this is included in the current and future update plans.

Much after that toodledo can benefit from displaying google calendar events in a toodledo calendar (which gets around google's calendar update time being once per day, etc)

Looking forward to the next sets of changes!

Mike

This message was edited Nov 25, 2015.
mmghobri

Posted Mar 08, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2015
Suggestion appreciated Jake, issue is that tags currently houses context/status/tag all in one, so sorting on that breaks the 3-layer sorting perk.

Currently using the length field. lets me order the tasks I plan to complete them regardless of due date, then sorts on due date when length is blank or repeated; but doesn't take fractions, converts minutes to hours, and adds a time suffix. A simple undefined number column (or a text column working similarly to "tags") would be more effective and give us more control, and can be hidden if not needed.

Adding more than one more user fields would resolve requests for task dependency and/or mutlilevel subtasks, as we'd be able to do those very easily as well.

This message was edited Mar 08, 2015.
mmghobri

Posted Mar 07, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2015
Need a user field in which I can enter numbers (and sort by that). This will be used as my priority field. Importance is frustrating to use.
mmghobri

Posted Oct 09, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Phase 1
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2014
Posted by creinhard:
It occurred to me the other day that one of the reasons I like using Toodledo (especially at work, where using social media is frowned on) is that the TD interface is all business, kinda looks like a spreadsheet and looks NOTHING LIKE FACEBOOK. There. I said it.

Highly agreed. I don't mind changes that will take toodledo even closer to a spreadsheet, but I would strongly dislike added color and other frills. The website still needs some modernizing, but please make sure the added stuff is optional, and more efficient, rather than flashy.
mmghobri

Posted Sep 17, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2014
Thanks Dave! I should've described my setup a bit more: it's sorted by due dates, and i usually don't assign subtasks due dates depending on what they are, so they don't show up inline unless I expand the parent. I was hoping that with the parent expanded, the subtasks would still not be indented
mmghobri

Posted Sep 17, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2014
I would like less color, since I really like only the important information to stand out (due dates for example). Just pointing out that everyone will have a different preferences, so it would be ideal if it was optional and up to each user.

Glad you're here Bridget, and looking forward to the new design philosophy! I've contemplated migrating to excel as a task list mainly for the looks believe it or not. I'd love it if Toodledo had an excel-inspired skin for the tasks section. Main requests would be:

*columns immediately re-sizable/sortable/interchangeable,
*clearly outlined cells,
*removing indentation of subtasks,
*able to control the conditional formatting of tasks (I might want to format high priority tasks differently from the next user)
*control section breakout headers (having an entire month of tasks is too much for one header when sorted by due date imo)
*Calendar! I understand google calendar has its issues syncing, but y'all can get around it by importing events from them! (as opposed to exporting). So instead of listing my tasks on gcalendar, I can come to toodledo and see all of my gcalendar events and plan tasks around them (ideally, edit due dates/times/length through calendar drag/drop). Sounds like a feature request, so if the focus is on UI only, then at least a more filled out calendar would be very useful

Other than that general sleekness of the site would be great. I echo the keyboard shortcut comment (although I'm a younger computer user I still find keyboard shortcuts highly productive)

Again looking forward to everything!

This message was edited Sep 18, 2014.
mmghobri

Posted Jan 10, 2014 in: Native Toodledo Calendar and settings
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2014
For an example, the android app planmyday attempts to do this (also integrating Google calendar blocked off time). Currently it's beta, and does not show a calendar view for the day -- just a list.

Thanks!
mmghobri

Posted Jan 09, 2014 in: Native Toodledo Calendar and settings
  • mmghobri
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2014
Would it be at all possible to implement a daily calendar showing tasks due that day? (not number of tasks started)

It would bridge the gap between a simple task list and a micro planning tool, and would be fantastic if it was customizable enough to do the following:
-Task due date can be the calendar event "start time"
-Task length can calculate event "end time"
-Non overlapping tasks option based on priority, so toodledo can change due dates to show after previous task due date + length (so you're only working on one thing at a time)

I understand this would require some work, so in the meantime, would it at all be possible to give the user some control over how tasks sync with google calendar? Start a task event on it's due date for example (instead of start date/time, which are settings I've found I don't need)