ForumsNewsStarred Tasks

Starred Tasks
Qrystal

Posted: May 20, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm with Eric on this .. it would be nice if stars reset to off when completing a starred item.

At least it's easy enough to "un-star" then check off! Stars rule!! :P

I tend to look at the Hotlist first thing in the day, star some stuff, then work from the Starred list for the rest of the day. It's great! I <3 Toodledo! :D
Eric

Posted: May 22, 2008
@Toodledo
Also can a Star be added to the Add a Task, along with the other fields so I can check the star when I create the task.

Here is my reason, when I create a item with a Start Date I usually use a Star to make it easy for me to see that it is something new in my Next Action list. Currently it is a two step process, create the task, then enable the star when the item appears in the list. If I forget, then the item goes away until the start date.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 23, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
Mark

Toodledo:
Another option I would like to see for GTD work.
When an item is "stared", it gets set to "Next Action"

and when an item is set to "Next Action" it get stared.

This should be an option that a user can turn on/off.

Thanks
jdoree

@Mark: wow, that sounds like a very specific request. If everything was that granular and configurable it would take a day to get through all the configuration options. :-o
MikeKDidIt

Posted: May 25, 2008
<<Also can a Star be added to the Add a Task, along with the other fields so I can check the star when I create the task>>

I second this suggestion!
jdoree

Posted: May 25, 2008
<<Also can a Star be added to the Add a Task, along with the other fields so I can check the star when I create the task>>

This one I definitely agree with too.
Qrystal

Posted: May 29, 2008

I "fourth" this suggestion, because some new tasks need to be worked on immediately, and I use the star to keep track of the things I am doing today.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When you add a task, it immediately pops up right there at the top of your list so you can quickly star it with one click. It actually wouldn't save any time to have it the way people are suggesting (Add+Star vs Star+Add), but it does seem more logical, so we will add it to our list for a future update.

Thanks for the suggestion
Eric

Thanks Toodledo!!! Goofy name but GRRRRREEEAT product
gsimonizer

Posted: Jul 22, 2008
Great feature. I use it to mark which items I plan to work on today. I noticed with recurring items I was always doing a "double click" to first turn off the star and then check off the task. Otherwise the next instance of the recurring task is starred, which is not what I want. I noticed a couple others in this thread had the same problem. It's not a major problem, and I realize other people may use stars differently, but for me it would be nice if the star automagically turned off when I completed it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.