ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Wow. Thanks for all the positive feedback from yesterday's launch of our redesign. We are very glad that the majority of people are positive about the new look.

We have been taking it all in and prioritizing everything and we've been working hard over the last 24 hours. We have just released a few bug fixes and tweaks that will address many of the common complaints that we have heard already.

Here is what has just been fixed.

1) Fixed the bug where some browsers would only print the first page of tasks.
2) Fixed the bug with Internet Explorer 9 where it would add extra line spaces into notes when editing
3) Fixed the bug where the default due-date or start-date wasn't working for the QuickAdd feature.
4) Fixed the bug where some defaults where not reset properly when using the Add Task form and switching between views.
5) When a Notebook is being edited and you attempt to leave the page, it will prompt you to save the changes before leaving.
6) Optimized the folders/contexts/goals pages to not display confusing information when you didn't have any folders/contexts/goals yet.
7) Hovering your mouse over a long folder name in the left sidebar will now popup a box that shows the complete name
8) Adjusted the position of the right label when viewing your list in multi-line mode.
9) Implemented a work around for bad browser plugins that were causing Toodledo to work incorrectly.
10) Implemented better browser plugin detection code. Toodledo will warn you when you are using a browser plugin that might interfere with the website.
11) Put a counter at the bottom of lists that shows the total number of tasks displayed in that list.

Please keep the feedback and bug reports coming via support tickets and questions in the Questions forum. This thread gets too full for us to directly answer questions here.

Thanks,
Jake
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
So, what'd you guys do with the rest of your day? :)

Just printed a long task list from FF5, and still only printing the on screen portion of the list, and still in a 6pt font.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
ati ati

Score: 0 Reference
First of all: Great job. It's much better than the old design.

Not sure whether you want suggestions(?)
However, I have some:

When in Grid format, it would be great to have the head of the whole task table always visible (especially when scroling down). This would be also great with the multi-line format.

You wrote in the first part that you tried to minimize the "cost". When trying to change e.g. the context of a task one has to click on the current context, then click again to see the dropdown menu with the other contexts to choose. Why click again?

PS: Firefox 5 on Windows 7

PS2: When searching for a Task and finding it, I cannot expand it to see its subtasks.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
paul

I'm sure things are pretty busy at the home office. Great work.

While we are looking at layout, why the extra space under a nested subtask. Breaks up the list and is confusing for the eyes (mine at least).

Cheers.
sallers

Amazing update. Is there a keyboard shortcut for Quick Add similar to "f" for setting the cursor focus on the Quick Search?

Thanks!
Jeff

That new design is so professional. I just love it. I don't feel like i am in the cartoons anymore!! yeahhh!!
mikekorner

Posted by Salgud:
Just printed a long task list from FF5, and still only printing the on screen portion of the list, and still in a 6pt font.

I still have the same problem in Windows 7 with Firefox 3.6.18.

Clues: I even logged off Toodledo and restarted Firefox.
piyush_soni

The browser plugin detection is a very good idea, but I don't think it's working perfectly. For example, I had one of the Stylish styles installed in my Firefox. It messes up the format, but Toodledo doesn't recognize that. It gives me this plugin warning only when I disable Stylish instead, when this warning is not needed at all ...
david.loeffler

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Was pleasantly surprised by the UI update. Great work. Thanks!
sprouty76

That's sorted all of the issues I'd noticed (including one not actually mentioned above - clicking the Tasks tab while i the scheduler didn't take you back to your tasks, but it works now)

Cheers
brigten

I like the new interface, but have to important points:

1. We need to get back tag management. I have tag I have to delete and I cant't find a way to do this now with the new interface. HELP, anyone.

2. Elements that are not text, ie. the icons to the left of task should be in lighter colours. At the moment they are generating a bit of visusla noize...
roberts.s.p

Score: 6 Reference
Please please bring back hiding of the sidebar. It would greatly reduce clutter and add clarity. I like to have a list of tasks in my face and nothing else. The simplicity of having a table of tasks which can be extensively sorted and filtered is what brought me to Toodledo. Once I have my task list filtered and sorted as I need it to be that never gets changed. So I don't need the side bar constantly present.
zqasdf

The redesigned is bad than before,not because I is not familiar.
1.the number of search results is not appeared
2.the color is not comfortable
3.when export,can not make "txt" style,or mistake
4.the redisign of "calendar" is failing
darkpollo

Thanks for this new design.
It was the only bad thing about toodledo, now this is the perfect tool.
Thanks
sprouty76

Now the folders are listed in the sidebar, it'd be cool if we could drag them around in there to re-order them. Just a thought :)

Actually, thinking about it a little more, all of the remaining (i.e. renaming, archiving, making public) current edit folders functionality could be moved into a popup menu next to the folder name in the sidebar. Same for contexts etc.

This message was edited Jul 28, 2011.
andy_pfeiffer

Score: 2 Reference
At first glance, the new design is really nice.

The only request, however, is a colour scheme other than grey. The best solution IMO would be a choice of different colour schemes.

Thankyou =)
Simon

In general I like it - although I do feel that I get less tasks on a page than I used to.

My only comment is this:
I tend to use a relatively narrow browser window. With the old system, I could close the rarely-used sidebar on the left and fit everything nicely. Now there doesn't seem to be any way to close this sidebar, and it would be far less useful to do so because it's much more frequently-used, so the site is a little less friendly to relatively narrow browsers.

EDIT: FWIW, quick search now has a considerably higher "cost" than it used to. Now I have to move my mouse down to the bottom of the window and scroll all the way to the right, before moving the mouse back up to the search box to click in it.

I realise that the world has headed to people doing things maximised on 14:9 screens, but some future thought for smaller widths would be appreciated :-)

This message was edited Jul 28, 2011.
mark.ellens

Score: 2 Reference
+1 for an option to minimise the sidebar.
ScottMNC

Thanks for the rapid response to our feedback!!
I am definitely liking the new design more as I use it. One more thing I noticed is that my "delegated" tasks do not show up on my task list unless I check "Show:deferred". I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. I consider delegated tasks (assigned to others) as something different than deferred tasks (put off until later date). Any advice?
dwitkin

From another poster: "Please please bring back hiding of the sidebar. It would greatly reduce clutter and add clarity."

Agreed - I like the new design, but being able to minimize the sidebar was a significant advantage. Strongly request you re-institute this capability.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.