ForumsNewsiOS app update: Version 3.0 includes over 100 improvements.

iOS app update: Version 3.0 includes over 100 improvements.
CJoe68

Posted: Nov 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Colin:
I have just updated the iPhone app but it appears I have now lost the ability to view all the contexts I use from the start screen without two steps, i.e. select "view tasks by: context" then tap "More...." then see my full list and then select the one I want. I know this might sound trivial but the upgrade has added additional taps to the process and hence 'friction'. Why not display all the contexts in the drop down instead of just three + More... - if you've selected to view by contexts you might as well either go directly to the More... screen or show them all on the tasks screen. The same would go for someone using folders as it also presents only 3 of the folders on the first screen.Interestingly if you select "Due Date" you are presented with loads of options directly so why add additional steps to the other ways of viewing tasks?

And while I'm at it... could you offer a way to declutter the task list by turning off showing Folder and Due Date when viewing tasks via context, this would make the list of next actions much cleaner (same for viewing by priority and by folder). The Show button doesn't present the ability to turn priority or folder off, only context. Could go some way to addressing the request for smaller font size as more task descriptions would be visible on a single screen.

agree to both. using contexts requires much more "clicks" on iphone (and on ipad, too) than before
Alexander

Hm, no tasks show my iPhone. Purge and reset didn't work: I had to remove the app completely from my phone and do a reinstall. Now it seems to be working :)
Dave

App looks great on my ipad 2. Thanks for the update. You guys are doing great work!
robertlangston

Score: -1 Reference
I like the new layout - it is much easier to navigate between starred/context/folder views.

Two small issues so far:

When the app is in landscape mode on the ipad 2 and I edit a task name, the edit box and keyboard are shown in portrait mode.

Also, a touch to "complete" a task is not always recognised immediately - there is a small but noticeable delay between touching the box and the tick appearing.
tri3tsch

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by bob-com:
Posted by witness:
Two suggested improvements to the new iPhone app:

1. Offer the option for a smaller font size. The current one takes up too much screen real estate.

2. Offer the option to hide the dark "Importance" bars in the listings on the iPhone app. It too offers little information benefit for as much screen real estate as it takes up.

Thanks

I agree completely.

I agree about the font change.
sohck

Am I the only one who is asking for bigger fonts?
Actually, I thought we can do with slightly bigger fonts.
Cheers!

Posted by bgreiner:
Posted by witness:
1. Offer the option for a smaller font size. The current one takes up too much screen real estate.

I completely agree. There should be an option for a smaller font. The font looks nice, but takes too much space...

Regards
sohck

Score: -3 Reference
When using iPad, go to Settings and go to an item like Passcode.
When you touch on the Settings button at the top to go back to the list of settings, the whole menu went blank.
Does anyone have this problem?
Salgud

Score: -2 Reference
Sorry, but this is not an iPad issue forum. Probably better to post this message in such a forum. I know there is a usenet forum devoted to iPads, if you're familiar with usenet. If not, I'm sure there are dozens of others out and about, and, of course, Apple has it's own forums for each of it's products.

Best of luck!
rsterling_1303222586

Score: 3 Reference
Sorry, do not endorse the new version. The update to V3.0 visually gives me nothing. The font uses too much of the screen, and somehow tasks ends up in a screen that says "view Tasks By" with no way to select tasks or a filter. I have to reboot to get out of it.
Using IPOD Touch 4.
Michael

Yeah, I can't see "contexts" on my hotlist screen. can there be a way to show contexts over some of the other fields displayed? Or in addition to them?

Also, it seems like you decided on a slightly new color scheme, an off-white/taupe of some kind. Would you possibly see it fit to allow users to customize the background? I don't think any task list does it, you guys would definitely be the first!

Also, when scrolling through my hotlist, as soon as go down and then come back up the top of the task list is now the "Add new task" box. Well, I don't always want to add new tasks. Is there a way you can make that UI element "springy" or something so it's only displayed when you want to see it? And not when you're just scrolling back up through your task list.
Michael

Score: 5 Reference
Smaller font - declutter. These are deal-breakers for me...
jonathan

Score: 2 Reference
Mostly liking the change. In the concertina home screen, the set of bars including "CONTEXT", "DUE DATE", "PRIORITY" are on medium gray on light gray in small font, and they are hard to read. Similarly the text of the top left back button is hard to read as its white on light gray. Similarly, the "Search Title + Note" text in the search bar and the "Quick Add Tag" text in that bar are also hard to read in light grey on off-white.

Conversely, I'd put the curly arrow indicating repeating action in mid-grey, not black, in the main check boxes.

And, yes, the main text of the title of a task could be in a slightly smaller font to fit more of it on. (And no, I don't want to use the multi-line setting, as that takes up even more space.)

Thanks.
Will

Great improvement. Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for all the feedback. Naturally, with such a big change there will be mixed reviews and knee-jerk reactions, however I am pleased that the worst complains are about font sizes and colors. These things are easy to fix and we plan to have a refinement update in the next few weeks that will address these concerns.

Please keep sending the feedback.

PS: There are too many comments and questions for us to individually reply. Please open a support ticket if you want some individual replies.
Alan

Lots of great new stuff, but a couple of issues at first glance:

- As others have stated, would like to be able to change font sizes.

- I find the color scheme (or lack of such) really drab and actually, all of the grey tones are hard on the eye and difficult to work with due to a lack of contrast. It would be great if we had optional color themes we could enable or disable.

- I really find the "priority" color bar thing a bit too large related to the rest of the information, but more importantly, the colors don't work. Medium is an orange, while Top is red. That's problematic, because the colors are too close to each other and they don't stand out.

I still can't understand why some kind of quick-type entry hasn't been enabled on Toodledo, both on the iOS apps and on the main webpage. One of your "bovine" competitors has this working nicely -- you just start typing into the quicktype section using a few key symbols and the various parameters of new tasks can be easily chosen. After all of this time, I don't get whey Toodledo hasn't developed this.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012.
joe_walowski

Score: 5 Reference
I updated my iPad app and i think its one of the worst redesigns I've ever seen. less practical use of real estate, horrible choice of colors and fonts, can't seem to eliminate section headers, etc.

Is there any way to go back to the prior version?

Also, now I'm afraid to update my iPhone app -- is it going to be the same horrible UI?
KeyboardCowboy

FEATURE REQUEST

The integration with Reminders is a great new feature. I love using SIRI to add new tasks.

I'm not familiar with Apple's API, but would it be possible to select only certain Reminders Lists to sync? I have my default reminders ToDo list, which I would love to sync into ToodleDo, but I also have a grocery list, Christmas gift list and a couple others that don't make sense to be synced.

I think the 3.0 update is a nice step forward, just a few wrinkles to iron out. Thanks for the continued work on the app.
mco

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Alan:

- I really find the "priority" color bar thing a bit too large related to the rest of the information, but more importantly, the colors don't work. Medium is an orange, while Top is red. That's problematic, because the colors are too close to each other and they don't stand out.

I see top priority as a shade of orange, not as red. It turns out different people have slightly different photoreceptors that are sensitive to slightly different frequencies, and this can affect what we perceive as orange or red. I agree the colors are too close.
JPR

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Tapping the status bar to scroll to the top doesn't work in the Tasks section. It does work in Notebook.
viaixtapa

Score: 4 Reference
1. EITHER offer a smaller font option as many others have suggested
2. OR offer the option to drop the second line on the task display screen. I really don't like that I can see far fewer tasks due to the 2-line display. Is there a way to drop this? I couldn't find it in Preferences.

REALLY REALLY Dislike the font size - not only can I see fewer tasks on my screen - but most tasks I can't even see the whole task title
I do NOT need to see that task is "OVERDUE" when it is already listed in my "in the past" section
I do NOT need space taken up by "Doesn't repeat" for almost all of my tasks - why is this important to have on the main screen?? (Sorry if I have missed the preference setting to change this but I can't find it)

Thanks for continuing to have a great app, but this view change feature... not so much.

PS What do the orange triangles mean at the top left of eadch task line?

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.