iOS App Version 3.0.4 : Significant performance improvement
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 22, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Our iOS app has been updated to version 3.0.4. It includes:

✔ Improved performance
✔ Fixed crashes
✔ Fixed bug where the counts that show the number of tasks inside a list where not always being updated.
✔ Fixed bug where archived folders could appear in the iPhone homepage accordion lists.
✔ Fixed bug where quitting the app while displaying the "Due Today" list could load the "Due Tomorrow" list when you relaunch the app.
✔ Adjusted some font and background colors based on continued feedback.
✔ Fixed bug where the keyboard was coming up in the wrong orientation sometimes when the rotation lock was enabled.

More updates on the way soon.

App Store

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.
daniel_h

Score: -1 Reference
thank you, again, for continuing to update the product. I look forward to each new update as a step toward getting all of the functionality that we are requesting.

you mentioned that you fixed the bug with archived folders showing in the accordion list. I believe that is corrected, however, I still have archived goals showing up in the accordion list. I trust that this will be on the list for a future update?
triathlete13_13070...

Score: 1 Reference
I will update and try it if I can revert to the old one should it not work for me. I like the old one and am happy with it the way it is!!! Is that an option??
Christoph Dollis

One thing that frustrated me was that the new colored corners for priorities on the iPhone app (which are an excellent idea) don't match the colors for the priorities on the website.

So I learned to make my first (and second) userstyle if anyone wants to check it out.

They can be installed in Chrome, Firefox, and now Opera also using Stylish.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2013.
Christoph Dollis

For what it's worth, I upgraded to the newer app in iPhone 4, and have generally liked it. How it performs in iPad, I have no idea.

@triathlete13,

Yes you can, if you know what you're doing.

I would download and install on your PC or Mac a free program called i-FunBox and use it to back up your current Toodledo app to an .ipa package on your computer.

Then you can use i-FunBox to revert to the former version if you don't like the new version.

There are other ways of that using iTunes (you can google how to back up and restore an iOS app using iTunes), but i-FunBox works for me. It's easier.

i-FunBox also makes a great free file browser for iOS and there's even an app, iFileExpress, that works as a file browser and transfer tool on iOS WITHOUT jailbreaking.

I never use iTunes to manage my iPhone anymore. No, for me iTunes is my streaming music and podcast player, and that's it.

Oh wait, I lied. Also, iTunesU (which rocks). Who am I kidding, iTunes is fabulous.

Except for managing iDevices.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2013.
mdwarrenjr

Posted: Mar 23, 2013
Many thanks to the developers for fixing many of the problems of the last version. However, on rare occasion I experience crashes on my iPad, and more importantly, the "create task" tab/button disappears after I have finished adding one task - I then have to navigate to another screen (like Locations) and then it reappears - there really should be a way to enter new tasks successively without artificially navigating the app.

I also agree with the comments on the colored corners - I love that idea - but the execution is less than perfect. It seem like the shades of colors are hard to differentiate (other than red which really stands out), and they are not consistent between the ipad, the iphone, and the web-based program (and yes, I use the app on all three devices all the time). Why not make the colors red, yellow, green and blue? Orange and yellow are too close - we want something that requires no straining of the eyes or thinking, and when you scan, it should be really really easy to see the breaks between priorities. Red = top; blue = high; yellow = medium, and green (vibrant, not light) = low. Easy, clear, and nice for the eyes.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Mar 23, 2013
Posted by mdwarrenjr:
I also agree with the comments on the colored corners - I love that idea - but the execution is less than perfect. It seem like the shades of colors are hard to differentiate (other than red which really stands out), and they are not consistent between the ipad, the iphone, and the web-based program (and yes, I use the app on all three devices all the time). Why not make the colors red, yellow, green and blue? Orange and yellow are too close - we want something that requires no straining of the eyes or thinking, and when you scan, it should be really really easy to see the breaks between priorities. Red = top; blue = high; yellow = medium, and green (vibrant, not light) = low [and gray = negative -- Christoph]. Easy, clear, and nice for the eyes.

Hear, hear!

(And seriously, I don't have the slightest clue what the rationale is for having different colors for priorities on different platforms. Fixing this is a super-easy CSS edit.)

This message was edited Mar 23, 2013.
egratto

Posted: Mar 24, 2013
I'm just happy that I can use the app on my iPad again at all! Thanks for working on the new version and for the fix.
J

Posted: Mar 25, 2013
Having a bug with version 3.0.4 on the iPad (iOS 6.1.3) and iPad Mini (iOS 6.1.3) but not on my iPhone (iOS 6.1.3). On the iPad, synchronization does not update my Notes. If I force a redownload from Toodledo.com to the device, everything comes down correctly. But then if I make changes on the web site, they do not appear on my iPads, neither from the automatic sync on startup nor from a button-induced sync.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 26, 2013
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
rowalker

How do I toggle off the priority flags?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To disable the priority field, go into settings and then tap on "fields & defaults" you can move the priority field into the unused section at the bottom.
rowalker

Score: 2 Reference
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't want to disable the field. I use the priority field in my set-up. I just want to toggle of the colored flags that show at the upper left of each task. Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is not possible. Sorry.
jjhall69

Posted: Mar 27, 2013
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but when I post a task on Toodledo on my desktop it no longer syncs with my iphone or ipad. But if I put a task on the mobil devices, it syncs to the desktop. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 27, 2013
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
jjhall69

Posted: Mar 28, 2013
will do. thank you.
Aikijw

Posted: Mar 31, 2013
Love the mods over the last year! I am, however, experiencing the same issue that another poster described a few days ago. I add a task, and the add task button disappears until I change the view. Also... This version seems somewhat unstable... It tends to crash on me about every 15 minutes of use.... I'm using a 1st generation iPad...
Adam Mendenhall

Posted: Apr 10, 2013
Are you ever going to add support in IOS for linking goals and viewing their chains?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2013
Yes, we will.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.