ForumsQuestionsWe want an official Android app !!!

We want an official Android app !!!
rndbrtrnd

Posted: May 03, 2011
Score: 6 Reference
Hello.

I switched to Android a couple of weeks ago and did not find a valuable app like toodledo. The web slim interface is OK, but slow, weak and does not work offline.

I would really appreciate to have an official app, like the iPhone's one.

Arnaud
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
There are several 3rd party apps to choose from in our "Tools & Services" page.
clango

Posted: May 06, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Sure,

you are right but Got To Do ( I used before) ended, Ultimate To Do ( I use now) , Due Today and Pocket Informant actually are still working to achieve partially what you already offer today.
Studio B Events, Inc

Posted: May 10, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
I would love to see an Android app as well. Loving the Xoom's functionality (vs iPad), but miss the native Toodledo app for sure.
xavier.brouckaert

Got To Do doesn't allow to see tasks by tag. I'd like to have an official Android app as well !
deftdrummer

I just came from Android to iPhone and I don't know what I would do without this app. I am finding more and more this is why I chose going back to iOS for a second go around.

Quality apps are just not found that often on Android. I'm not trying to rub anything in your guy's faces, but this is the very real situation of how and why developers are going to go where the money is and where the product is easy to maintain.

Also ToodleDoo is a paid app, something that doesn't sit quite well with Android users, especially in the To-Do realm.

I agree, an Android app is a must down the road, due to the staggering number Android phones out there, but I would be dragging my feet the whole way if I were the dev.

This message was edited May 10, 2011.
MacPhyle

Posted: May 11, 2011
None of the Android apps I've found match up to the way Toodledo works. For instance, no support for locations. So... I also request an Android app from your lab :)
j2020

Posted by deftdrummer:
Quality apps are just not found that often on Android. I'm not trying to rub anything in your guy's faces, but this is the very real situation of how and why developers are going to go where the money is and where the product is easy to maintain.

I agree. The reality is, Android is a mess to develop apps for. You have to support miscellaneous hardware, multiple generations of the OS, a variety of removable storage options, numerous screen sizes and resolutions, and so forth. I'm not saying iOS is inherently better, but the "flexibility" of Android makes it a very squirmy moving target for developers. Until Google tightens things up a little, I wouldn't get your hopes up about seeing app support equal to iOS.
mpalubin

I am using To-Do List which syncs with Tooledo. It is an Android App. I think the cost is $5 after an 8 day trial.
rndbrtrnd

Posted: May 16, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
There are several 3rd party apps to choose from in our "Tools & Services" page.

I know, but they are far from the official Toodledo iPhone app. Astrid is not that bad, a sync option to toodledo would be perfect.
v5point0

Posted: May 16, 2011
Score: -2 Reference
I have been meaning to post a thread of a similar nature about a year ago, and even then there has been an abundance of similar threads already. I was deterred to post simply because of the response by the Toodledo Dev Team on the subject.

I understand the reasons behind the disinterest and the problems they will face, but waiting or avoiding isn't really a solution. Google can't really vouch for non Nexus Android phones, so Toodledo, like other Android developers should focus on Nexus phones alone.

Already we are seeing evidence of manufactures verging closer to the path of stock Android and with efforts like this, it would also motivate the manufacturers further.

I am posting this as an iOS user. In the future I see myself owning both an Android and iPhone for work and play respectively and I would love to have Toodledo on all of them.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 17, 2011
Score: 6 Reference
Each week we get dozens of requests for an official Android app. We hear you all loud and clear, but we can't magically produce one over night. It took us 2+ years of continuous work to get the iOS app where it is today and it will take a significant investment from us to get an Android app out the door. We have a plan that has been put in motion, but in the meantime there are 7 third party Android apps that work with Toodledo and they are getting better with each update.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php
sconstan

Score: -4 Reference
I have been using Appigo's Todo iPhone native app, with Toodledo as the backend for over a year now. The combination is exactly what I need.

I am paying Pro customer btw.

However I now also have an Android device, as well as my iPhone/iPad and I desperately need a cross-platform solution.

I also am dissapointed with Toodledo's response to our demand for a native Android app, which after all isn't that difficult to do these days.

All the suggested Android apps and a joke.

So, my friends, I will probably be leaving Toodledo in the next few months, to another service, probably RTM or Wunderlist or something.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.
v5point0

Posted by Toodledo:
Each week we get dozens of requests for an official Android app. We hear you all loud and clear, but we can't magically produce one over night. It took us 2+ years of continuous work to get the iOS app where it is today and it will take a significant investment from us to get an Android app out the door. We have a plan that has been put in motion, but in the meantime there are 7 third party Android apps that work with Toodledo and they are getting better with each update.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php

This is what we would like to hear, it would have been nicer if it was sooner but I am not complaining. I thank you none the less.

Recently DailyBurn - another iOS centered app developer has launched an Android app due to the overwhelming feedback from their Android Users. I hope to see Toodledo follow suit in the near future.

I agree it takes a while to polish something, hence it is always beneficial to start sooner.

This message was edited May 17, 2011.
shlomo_1294913017

Posted: Jun 20, 2011
It's been suggested before, but I'll say it again. Why not re-brand Got to Do (which is no longer supported) as an official Toodledo app for Android? Since the developer is no longer working on it, I would guess that a deal could be worked out. It's a great app (IMHO better than any of the others on the third party page - mainly because of the clean and simple interface) and a shame to lose it.
sprouty76

Posted: Jun 28, 2011
The demise of GotToDo, along with the lack of an official app is going to put me in an awkward position when it comes to deciding whether to renew my Pro membership.

BTW, it probably ought to be taken out of the list of 3rd party apps as it's no longer available if you haven't already downloaded it.
idxman01

Posted: Jun 28, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Honestly there are multiple options that work to provide good interaction with ToodleDo. For me 'Due today' provides what I need even though it doesn't support 100% of the features.

Perhaps everyone who claims it isn't that difficult to write an app should just create one and provide it to all of us for free.
small.briane_13127...

Posted: Aug 12, 2011
Score: -2 Reference
My girlfriend LOVES Toodledo. She urged me to get organized with it. The Android apps out there are nothing compared to the iPhone app made in house by Toodledo. I would of been a paying customer for that level of support, but I think I will go elsewhere that believe ins in supporting all clients and not just people who only buy one product.
irishtexmex

Posted: Sep 01, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
+1 Add another Android power user that is dying for an official client.

As of now the best solution is "DGT Getting Things Done" app with the Toodledo extension. Astrid is currently at release 2.8 and, according to the timeline, will be adding Toodledo support in release 3.0 We'll see when that happens though. -_-
sp1

Posted: Oct 31, 2011
Please Toodledo, get on this already! Android has a huge install base and none of the 3rd party apps are quite up to snuff yet. My Pro sub is up for renewal shortly and I'm not renewing without some sign of progress on this feature.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.