ForumsQuestionsWe want an official Android app !!!

We want an official Android app !!!
MikZ

Posted: Jun 01, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I'm glad you found an app that works for you, and perhaps a little envious that 'simple' cuts it for you.

Losing my tasks would certainly be a huge worry, which is why I'm glad Toodledo has a back-up feature—and I have a weekly Toodledo to-do to implement it. =) Has anybody else heard of UTDL losing data?
oletros

Posted: Jun 03, 2012
Score: 3 Reference
Very dissapointed that more than a year after the firs post there is no news about an Android app.

Is this how you want to have a loyal customer base?
cpr

Posted: Jun 09, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
+1 for an Official Android app

... all the 3rd party apps suck one way or another ...
azhummer_1340358224

Posted: Jun 22, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
+1 for official Android app with reminders/snoozing/dismissing/voice add. Waiting and will subscribe when active. thx!!
ds2007

Posted: Jun 23, 2012
Very disappointed to see no official Android app yet...Being a developer myself, I sincerely believe if the company is committed (put enough planning and resources), it should be able to release official app soon...I am researching alternatives and probably will leave Toodledo if I don't hear about native android app release soon...I see tons of people shifting to android OS because of great new phones and I am sure, more customers will leave Toodledo...
glparke

Posted: Jun 25, 2012
I would shell out a few bucks for it that is for sure. There is a business incentive. Maybe they could do an incentive for the pro subscription - get a few bucks off the app or something.
willem_1338968133

Posted: Jun 26, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I too want to have an official Android app. However, I can think of many reasons why the developer hast done that already.

If you ask for a Android App, you actually asks the developer to write multiple applications for each device. As an Android developer you have to take care of so many different devices, it is so much time consuming to take care of everyone in this market. While the app. can work on device from HTC it may or may not work on e.g. Motorola.

I think that is exactly why there is an Apple application rather than Android.

I think if you guys really insist in a android application, consider that the developer needs more donations for a) android developers and b) differed android phones.
Glenn Huther

Posted by sprouty76:
The demise of GotToDo, along with the lack of an official app is going to put me in an awkward position when it comes to deciding whether to renew my Pro membership.

sprouty76: Try Ultimate To Do - it's not as pretty but very powerful once you get used to it.

toodledo developers: SERIOUSLY, consider OUTSOURCING. Find yourself a development team using ODESK . com (there's some pretty good teams offshore) and tell them to replicate the iOS app. Only ToodleDo can authorise/organise that approach from a copyright point of view. You can even plaster it with disclaimers. Once it has proved its popularity / paid for itself, you can take over the development.

Alternatively, grant ME the license to blatantly copy the iOS version and sell it so I can make a profit on the Android downloads :)

This message was edited Jun 26, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Glenn, you are welcome to make your own Android app that uses our API and sell it for profit.
stevo324

Posted: Jun 30, 2012
Posted by Glenn Huther:
Posted by sprouty76:
The demise of GotToDo, along with the lack of an official app is going to put me in an awkward position when it comes to deciding whether to renew my Pro membership.

sprouty76: Try Ultimate To Do - it's not as pretty but very powerful once you get used to it.

toodledo developers: SERIOUSLY, consider OUTSOURCING. Find yourself a development team using ODESK . com (there's some pretty good teams offshore) and tell them to replicate the iOS app. Only ToodleDo can authorise/organise that approach from a copyright point of view. You can even plaster it with disclaimers. Once it has proved its popularity / paid for itself, you can take over the development.

Alternatively, grant ME the license to blatantly copy the iOS version and sell it so I can make a profit on the Android downloads :)

Glenn - Outsourcing is the absolute worst mistake you can make with today's mobile apps. As an Android developer of a Fortune 50 retailer's app, I can tell you that outsourcing has created a majority of their issues. It may be cheaper at first, but you spend twice that in time and money when you need to fix things, especially when bad architectural decisions are made, and then built upon. Simply put, you get what you pay for, ever bought anything from the dollar store...? Modern development is no different.

I know that I was too lazy to read through the whole thread, but does Toodledo have any plans of creating an official app? If not, I may make an attempt to create one myself. I love Toodledo's iOS version (excellent job guys), I'd just prefer to use an Android version.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 30, 2012
We do have plans to make one, but you are also welcome to make your own and charge money for it if you want. I do not have an ETA. It is a big project.
oletros

Posted: Jul 01, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
We do have plans to make one, but you are also welcome to make your own and charge money for it if you want. I do not have an ETA. It is a big project.

After more than one year of message where you said that you were woking on it now the message is "we have plans to make one"?

Are you working on it or not? Do we have to wait another year?

Perhaps it is time to change to another task manager that cares not only about iOS users
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2012
We have spent a lot of time perfecting our mobile website, which works on Android and works offline.

http://m.toodledo.com

Please give this a try. We have started an Android app, but we are a small company and the going is slow. Android development is much harder than iOS development. If our mobile website does not work for you, there are a number of great 3rd party Android apps that sync with Toodledo.
marius.eggerud

Posted: Jul 02, 2012
The web app is pretty good, but I do not get any alarm when deadline is reached or I am at a location with a task assigned to it.
jjp_tmn

Posted: Jul 03, 2012
Posted by marius.eggerud:
The web app is pretty good, but I do not get any alarm when deadline is reached or I am at a location with a task assigned to it.

I just downloaded Ultimate To Do List (Android) and also bought the license to the full version, which was around $5+.

Have to say that, apart from the UI, it's a really good app and syncs with every aspect of Toodledo. I tested the reminder functionality, which is extremely important to me and it works great. You can even set the colour of the LED light and the number of times it needs to vibrate. Better yet, you can also set a time interval for "nagging" (the number of times it reminds you until it's dismissed).

Given that Toodledo's API is freely available, there are 3rd party options that do a fantastic job. However, I do admit that I would like to see an official Android app (it's one of the reasons I took so long to switch away from RTM).

This message was edited Jul 03, 2012.
cpr

Posted: Jul 07, 2012
Posted by jp_tmn:
Given that Toodledo's API is freely available, there are 3rd party options that do a fantastic job.

I've tried several of these 3rd party apps and each have their own 'annoyances', e.g.:

-DGT GTD
does not support all toodledo features and goodies (e.g. goals' chains) and regularly I have to fight with suddenly duplicated tasks ...
synchronising multiple devices (e.g.: phone + tablet) is 'pain in the back'...

-Ultimate TODO List
dunno why but it is often unusable on my devices because the touch becomes unresponsive ... (cyanogenmod?)
Its interface and widget are 'ridiculous' and old fashioned for the price ($5 for tablet or the phone license)

Sorry to say, but I start to miss the RTM android app...

This message was edited Jul 07, 2012.
tariqbamadhaj

Posted: Jul 07, 2012
Posted by cpr:
Posted by jp_tmn:
Given that Toodledo's API is freely available, there are 3rd party options that do a fantastic job.

I've tried several of these 3rd party apps and each have their own 'annoyances', e.g.:

-DGT GTD
does not support all toodledo features and goodies (e.g. goals' chains) and regularly I have to fight with suddenly duplicated tasks ...
synchronising multiple devices (e.g.: phone + tablet) is 'pain in the back'...

-Ultimate TODO List
dunno why but it is often unusable on my devices because the touch becomes unresponsive ... (cyanogenmod?)
Its interface and widget are 'ridiculous' and old fashioned for the price ($5 for tablet or the phone license)

Sorry to say, but I start to miss the RTM android app...

I just started using Toodletasks and it works great. They have a phone and tablet version ehich I love.
cpr

Posted: Jul 08, 2012
Posted by tariqbamadhaj:
I just started using Toodletasks and it works great. They have a phone and tablet version ehich I love.

It does not seem to have a trial version and the most recent reviews tell about it being sluggish, buggy and having troubles with the synchronisation ... I won't try yet another "hopefully-working" 3rd party app ...

I believe I won't renew my pro account:
I'll be glad to do it as soon as toodledo has got a fully-functional and easy-to-use _official_ android app...

This message was edited Jul 08, 2012.
mslesako

Posted: Aug 01, 2012
I have been searching and searching for an android app and finally came across Toodledo. This has the features I was looking for. I downloaded the beta version and it says that you have to go to "Utilities" to access it. Is "Utilities" an app that has to be downloaded on the phone as well? I have a droid razr versio 4.0.4
lornawe

Posted: Aug 14, 2012
The 3rd party apps are absolutely rubbish.
I've just downloaded one that won't allow me to scroll down, so I can only see like 5 of my tasks. It won't let me tick when a task is completed & it's just generally rubbish.

Poor Android users. Nobody cares about us :-(
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.