ForumsQuestionsreminders via twitter not working for me

reminders via twitter not working for me
Roman

Posted: Apr 15, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
hi everybody,

i´d like to mention that i hate twitter, and that i can´t understand, why it´s so popular, the service is just for showing, what you are doing, so what?

ok, twitter-rage aside, i got an account for being reminded of tasks, that have a due time. i fumbled around a bit, but i could not get it to work. i configured twitter to notify me via my gtalk account, so i expected to get a tweet roughly an hour before the duetime. i did not get anything. does anybody have any ideas on what might be my problem?
i think twitter is not ideal, at least the way it´s used now.
or maybe i´m terribly missing some point?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There are a few things to check. First, make sure that your timezone is set correctly in your account settings. Second, make sure that you have reminders turned on for your Twitter account. You can read how to that here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_twitter.php

There may also be some settings on your Twitter account that are preventing the reminders from being forwarded to your IM client, so you might want to test my sending a tweet to yourself and see if it gets passed along to your gtalk account like you expect.

Hope that helps.
Roman

thanks for trying to help.

time zone - check
reminder settings - check
twitter settings - check

i CAN create and retrieve tasks/lists via twitter, so from the technical side i´d say the connection is ok.
it´s only reminders that don´t seem to work.
seems trange enough, doesn´t it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Maybe its a problem with Gtalk. Have you received any twitter messages via Gtalk?
Roman

Posted: Apr 16, 2008
i´m not following many tweets, so i can´t really say. yet, direct messages to and from toodledo seem to work. to make sure, i switched twitter to my mobile phone. but i don´t get reminders there either.
Roman

Posted: Apr 19, 2008
bump...

i´m generally receiving tweets. i´d really love to have this resolved. a task manager without reminders is not really what i was looking for ;-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 20, 2008
Im not sure what the problem is, but we will look into it.
Qrystal

Posted: Apr 23, 2008
Twitter's been having some issues lately, not entirely sure of the details but they're working on it...

I did a search for the link to the forum discussion, and I think I got close to finding it but then found myself lost in cyberspace (maybe I should've turned LEFT at albuquerque.com...) Going back in there to look some more might be bad for me, sorry...!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.