ForumsQuestionsMissing completed tasks

Missing completed tasks
M_ichel

Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi.

I have a Pro subscription.

I've set (a long time ago) my "Delete Completed Tasks" profile parameter to "After 2 years".

Yet, any search I do doesn't show completed tasks older than about 5-6 months...

What gives???

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 30, 2011
Try checking your "recently deleted tasks" list in your account settings. This will tell you if any tasks were deleted and why. If you ever let your subscription expire, or temporarily set the "delete completed tasks" preference lower, it will delete the old tasks based on the new setting.
lbgpdb

I am also a pro user and cannot locate recently completed tasks. just b/c they're completed doesnt' mean we don't need to reference them anymore. I check your posting above and there is no "recently deleted tasks" in the acct settings.

There is only this:

Delete old completed tasks... (confirmation required)
Delete all tasks... (confirmation required)
Delete all Notebook entries... (confirmation required)
Delete account... (confirmation required)

That's it. My company recently started using toodledo but instead of expanding use to other departments we are going to discontinue use if this isnt resolved. My manager has requested assistancce with this multiple times to no avail.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@lbgpdb
I think you are confusing deleted tasks with completed tasks. The "Recently deleted tasks" link is in your account settings on the left hand side, the 4th link down. This list will show tasks that were deleted. To view tasks that were completed, you go somewhere else. This will explain how to find completed tasks: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=86

I do not recall being contacted by your manager multiple times about completed tasks. Please ask him/her to create a support ticket for assistance with any problems they may have with their account.

Hope that helps.
M_ichel

Posted: Jan 12, 2012
Hi. I am definitely missing a lot of completed tasks!!!

I have a Pro subscription since one year ago (I know, I just renewed).

My "delete" setting has been at "2 yrs", probably since the beginning of my Pro subscription.

I just did a few searches with parms: CheckedOff=YES, DateCompleted IsBefore xxx (a date).

With date= 2011-07-01, I get the nice msg "You've done everything in this search!"

With date= 2011-08-01, I do get results.

COME ON!!!

This is 6 months' retention, NOT 2 years as advertised!!! This was one of my reasons for paying extra and I'm not getting the service!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 12, 2012
Your settings were probably set to "6 months" at some point in the past which would have caused them to be deleted. Changing it from "6 months" to "2 years" cannot undelete previously deleted tasks.

You can always look at your "recently deleted tasks" list in your account settings to see if tasks were deleted. If you are certain that this doesn't apply to you, please open a support ticket and we will investigate further.
M_ichel

Posted: Jan 13, 2012
Tell you what I'll do:

1- I won't change my settings.
2- I'll make a note of what completed tasks I'm able to see today. Just looked: 2011-07-12! (Funny, eh: exactly SIX MONTHS ago)!!!
3- I'll put a reminder to check tomorrow.
4- If the completed tasks I'm able to see are not the same, I'll get back to this post.

Thanks.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2012.
robert.dauteuil

hi Toodledo

So, okay, im on the free account but I can't find any task hidden in last 6 month with the tool Search. Well, when i saw comments, its seems to be a problem for many customers...

in Search tool i only add checked Off YES. but I find only hidden task completed in the last week. all others taks are deleted... do i understand they are kept 6 months, and all are erased after 6 months (deletion in january and july) .. or, its deleted month per month, after 6 month (would be smarter)..
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are on a free account, your history is limited to 1 week of viewable tasks, but we will keep up to 6 months in case you upgrade to a Pro account. With a Pro account, you can view your entire history.

@mfluka Please let us know what you find. You can create a support ticket for faster service.
M_ichel

Posted: Jan 24, 2012
OK. I've been checking every day for the last few days. The search is consistently displaying completed tasks up to July 12, 2011.

Looks like *something* happened on January 12, 2012 to trigger the preservation of completed tasks beyond 6 months.

Good.

Let's hope it stays that way. I'll go on checking once a month from now on and will post if there's a problem.

Regards.
SusieB118

Posted: May 21, 2012
I recently had the problem of a completed task disappearing - oddly enough, it was still visible on my iPhone app, fortunately, as I hadn't invoiced for the job and would otherwise have forgotten! I don't want to upgrade, so I've now created a folder for completed tasks. Everything that's been completed but can't yet be deleted gets a negative priority and is dumped in the "completed" folder, but NOT ticked. Hopefully that will solve the problem.
Salgud

Posted: May 21, 2012
Or add a task when you complete a job, "Invoice Job X"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.