ForumsQuestionsInterfact

Interfact
sbolton

Posted: Oct 30, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I really like Toodledoo but I am not fond of the interface. Is there way to get a different interface?

Thanks

SB
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2012
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
sbolton

Are there third party interfaces?

If anyone knows of one I would really like to know. I really like Toodledo but the interface is a drawback and from a short search it appears to be an almost universal disappointment with the program. I have the pro version and I remember liking it better when I was using the free version.

I am not trying to offend anyone, but if Toodledo had a better interface it would soon be the champion of the task managers.

SB
Purveyor

Posted by sbolton:
I am not trying to offend anyone, but if Toodledo had a better interface it would soon be the champion of the task managers.
Who do you think is the current "champion of the task managers"?
Salgud

Posted: Nov 01, 2012
Posted by sbolton:
Are there third party interfaces?

If anyone knows of one I would really like to know. I really like Toodledo but the interface is a drawback and from a short search it appears to be an almost universal disappointment with the program. I have the pro version and I remember liking it better when I was using the free version.

SB

I'm not sure how you could like using the free version better from an interface POV, since both versions have had the same interface for a long time now. The interface doesn't change when you upgrade, it just adds some additional features.
JPR

I wish these "interface" questions would get more specific. (and frankly the responses from TD to these hazy questions are equally frustrating.) Ask ten people what they don't like about the interface, and you'll get ten different answers.

What does "I'm not fond of the interface" mean? You don't like the fonts? The colors? The icons? In-line editing of tasks? The fact that it takes two clicks to get to the Add Subtask form?

This thread has taught me that there is a "way" to get a different "interface" and it's on "the list", but we don't know when or WHAT IT IS!!! Very informative. :)
sbolton

Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by sbolton:
Who do you think is the current "champion of the task managers"?

I don't know if there is one. There are many people vying for the position but toodledo has so many positive things going for it seems odd the interface seems so unappealing and visually void.

Look at Swift To Do. This is a nice interface, but it seems to lack in other areas.

SB
ElynnWQ

Posted: Nov 02, 2012
Posted by sbolton:

Look at Swift To Do. This is a nice interface, but it seems to lack in other areas.

SB

Are you kidding? I just looked at the screen shots for Swift To Do, and to me they look awful. Guess it's just an example of different tastes. I sure hope toodledo doesn't go in that direction though.
Salgud

Posted by sbolton:

SB

You think this is a great interface? Huge ugly icons and a standard windoze explorer configuration? Well, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

If you want to see an elegant interface, look at Things. It's still the prettiest face in town. But the developers just took 3.5 YEARS to do cloud sync. That's right, 3.5 YEARS. And they virtually halted any other development while they did it. And they rarely participate in their own forums, except to occasionally defend their policy of non-participation. So it's stuck right where it is.

I don't think TD is particularly pretty, though the face lift a couple of years ago is a big improvement. The main thing is, it works! Every weekday morning, I sit down at my computer and open Things, do my "Morning Drill", then on to my "Hotlist" (custom, not the TD standard). I get reminded of tasks I entered months ago exactly when I need to be. I seldom miss anything, and when I do, it's virtually always because I forgot to enter it.

I can come to these forums and post a question or a complaint, and invariably get a response from the lead developer within a day, often sooner. Usually, one of the experts here posts an answer even sooner. I can't ask for more than that.

TD is like a trusty old mongrel dog, she ain't pretty but she's always there when I need her. I can't ask for more than that. It just works.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2012.
sbolton

I think you are right. I haven't been using TD as much and after deciding to forget the other ones with goofy icons I feel better.

If you set your home page to iGoogle TD is right there to add things to. Better than the bookmarklet

I take it all back.

SB
4sethf

Posted: Nov 03, 2012
I find TD almost perfect as a to do list and note taking tool, but I have to agree the UI looks dated. Look at AwesomeNote or Wunderlist. Just the relatively simple ability to change up the way it looks day in and day out would be a welcome addition.

You can always keep the simple, minimal look as the "classic" view, but allow color, layout and style to enhance the 'usability' a bit.

I would also suggest having high priority items a different display color, or allow grouping of tasks by color (even though this would be less useful for me personally). There is a reason infographics have become so popular. You can convey a lot of information graphically that is immediately understandable.

I think that this visually pleasing element is what keeps TD from being the best (or certainly one of the best) productivity tools on the market. It just looks a bit dated...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.