ForumsQuestionsChecklists

Checklists
Jim_1404874244

Posted: Jan 09, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi Toodledo Team,

I live in your program and love it. Thanks. Here is one Piece of feedback... I've just finished a book called "The Checklist Manifesto" if you have not read it I'd highly recommend it. Very interesting to read about how checklists are used in many different industries and situations and how much they help to people succeed.

Since finishing I have developed a few checklists using your Notes feature. For example, my "Ride Bike to Work" checklist helps me get out the door in the morning because there are so many things I have to remember to pack up. Bike lock, towel, soap, socks, helmet, there's literally 30 things on the list. I have a list for things to pack when I take my family to the beach. and another checklist for the steps to put together a newsletter from start to finish.

I love having the lists easily accessible on my phone and computer in Toodledo which I access all the time anyway.

I'm just wondering if there is a feature you might come up to make the notes field a bit more checklist friendly? Or possibly a sperate tab for checklists? Adding a tick box to notes gets very close to the functionality on the task side I realize, but it would be nice in some cases.

Conversely, I know I could be building these lists on the task side, but then once you check something off you need to set it up to repeat, it's not totally convenient for a list you want to use every so often, but not on any set interval.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
JPR

Posted by jim:
...Conversely, I know I could be building these lists on the task side, but then once you check something off you need to set it up to repeat, it's not totally convenient for a list you want to use every so often, but not on any set interval....

You could create a Parent/subtask checklist and label it a "template" and then clone it when you need to use it. Works with both iOS and the website.

Also, it only takes a few mouse clicks to convert a text note checklist into subtasks via the "add multiple subtasks" feature (website only). I keep some lesser used checklists in Notebook and copy and paste that way.
Jc_1331507181

Posted: Jan 10, 2013
What do you mean by text note checklist?
JPR

Posted: Jan 10, 2013
Posted by Jc_1331507181:

It's just a simple list in the note of a task. Here is an example of a "text note checklist":

Create each item on a new line
Select all text
Copy all text
Click on Add Subtask
Click on Add Multiple Tasks
Paste Text
Click Save
Enjoy your checklist in subtask form
M_ichel

Posted: Jan 15, 2013
Hi Jim.

Don't know what your technical environment is but if on iPhone/iPod, have you looked at Listomni?

Regards.
Joyce

Posted: Jan 15, 2013
Posted by JPR:
Posted by Jc_1331507181:

It's just a simple list in the note of a task. Here is an example of a "text note checklist":

Create each item on a new line
Select all text
Copy all text
Click on Add Subtask
Click on Add Multiple Tasks
Paste Text
Click Save
Enjoy your checklist in subtask form

Can I do this for regular tasks? I don't have subtasks because I don't use all of toodledo's features for free. I have a list that can be used as often as twice a week and as seldom as every few months.

Is there any way a note can be set up so as to fall into a particular folder or context?

OK, I made a test case and...wow that's freaking amazing! Thank you! Thank You and THANK YOU!

This message was edited Jan 15, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.