Quick Search bug - does not find words in the notes
My top priority task contains the following text in the note (not in the title):
Office room: 45 watt LEDs
I start typing bulb in the Quick Search and it finds: 0 tasks
The same for LED, office, watt, etc.
Does Quick Search work only with the titles?
I am using the Safari web browser on a Mac.
Quick Search only searches the titles. You can use our full search to search the notes: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
Thanks, I was finally able to make this work.
However, this is way too difficult and non-intuitive to use. There are too many steps, any of which are easy to forget:
1) Left Pane > View by Search (hard to see and easy to forget)
2) Remove the Checked Off criteria by clicking on the extreme right side X. (Not obvious and it takes a while to understand how this works).
3) Change the remaining criteria to "Note contains". (This is counter-intuitive. I thought that Note referred to the notes in Notebook.)
4) When the task is found, only the title is displayed (the first time). I have to search for and click on the tiny Show Details icon.
This is way too much work for what is a very basic function - full text search. Why not change the Quick Search to be a full text search in all titles and notes of all tasks?
Ironically, on the Toodledo iPhone app, the behavior is intuitive and fast:
1) Swipe downwards. The search box "Search Title + Note" is revealed.
2) As I type, the matching tasks are displayed continuously and within 3 - 4 characters, I have found what I want.
Please make the Quick Search equivalent to the iPhone app behavior of Search Title + Note. Thank you in advance :-)
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet
U Back to topic home
R Post a reply
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.