ForumsQuestionsProject handling - display parent name in sub-task

Project handling - display parent name in sub-task
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 17, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
The main reason why we keep our roadmap secret is to give us the freedom/flexibility to work on what we want/need to work on without external expectations.

Well, I admire your honesty but I have to say that it's a pretty depressing comment from a customer's viewpoint. :(
Mona

Posted: Nov 17, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
n.m.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 18, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I understand.

Its not like we are unusual. There aren't many companies that disclose their future plans. Its just not a smart thing for companies to do.
pjlewis

Score: -1 Reference
I accept and understand your reasoning and this explains a lot. Thank you for sharing it with us. This is the first time I've seen this noted - maybe others were unaware of your views as well? As a customer my motivations are different, but both are valid. This is your game and you need to play it as you see fit.

I wonder if there is a middle ground... Maybe the backlog could be made available, so we can at least know what is and is not already being considered? Maybe a commitment to major features in the next release scope could be given without too much pressure on you? Giving a little may help us all a lot.
Folke X

PeterW:
I don't know if this helps, and you may have tried it, but I have found that using ("abusing") the Goal field is one way to handle projects. It takes a bit of tweaking to get all the smart lists right, and you will probably find that you need a special tag for the "mother task", but overall I find this approach workable (as a workaround, anyway).
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 19, 2011
Folke X - thanks, yes I did take a look at this. The problem was that it would mean I'd have to use the Toodledo iPhone app and I'm just not willing to switch from Appigo Todo at this stage.
enyok

Posted: Nov 26, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Toodledo Administrator - I must tell you how disappointed I am reading this topic!

I am a longtime GTD user and am currently re-planning my entire system. I came here trying to figure out if I switch to Toodledo as my core system (list manager, document manager, etc.). My first question was how to handle projects and so I landed in this thread.

I have been in the software development business for several several years including product managing global product suites. And I must tell you that based on all my experience compels me to let you know that your response indicates poor product management ... and customer service! So my suggestion is you get an experience product manager to advise you on how to better handle questions like this. Believe you me, hearing from your customer, and potential customers, like this is gold. You should be figuring out how to harness it, manage it, encourage it. It's how you'll know what your users need the most. And if you manage it, it doesn't have to force your hand at all.

Good luck. For me, this just made my decision to not use Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2011
We get terrific suggestions from our customers and we listen very intently. We use this feedback as the main way that we prioritize our future plans. Everything we do is customer focused and customer driven. What we don't do is disclose all our future plans. This is not unusual. I would wager that >95% of companies have our same policy of secrecy.

I am going to lock this thread now. Not because I don't want to talk about it anymore, but because it is off topic. I would be happy to keep discussing this in a topic created for this purpose.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.