ForumsQuestionsSync with Google Tasks

Sync with Google Tasks
User1318628252

Posted: Oct 15, 2011
Score: 4 Reference
I am also interested in a sync between Google Tasks and Toodledo. Mainreasons:

Google Tasks integrates very nicely in the Android ecosystem (calendar, widgets, etc...) but lacks some basic features like repeating tasks.

Toodledo is a great task management software, but the integration into Google Calendar could be better.
jongerdenap.logica

Posted: Oct 16, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
Posted by naruto137:
Please implement this!

Bump !
Alan Stone

Posted: Oct 20, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
+1
ftlum

Posted: Oct 20, 2011
I use Calengoo on as my main iPhone calendar. Having google tasks synchronization would be great!
Maniac8888

Posted: Oct 22, 2011
I don't get it. No sync with Google Tasks, no sysnc with Exchange tasks. Not very corporate friendly. No excuse now. There are plenty of apps that sync with Google Tasks.
woodennickel

Posted: Oct 26, 2011
Somewhere in the help I saw that you could have your toodle tasks show up beside your google calender. (not the widget that puts the green tick on the calender, but another one). I can't find this anymore.

Is it gone? Is the issue the lack of update/syncing in a timely manner?

do you know where I can find this? (I can live with updates being slow between the two, for now, and it would work better to have one list I could see rather than having to click the green check boxes each time to open the tasks on the calender.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The instructions are here: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php

But, I think that Google discontinued the Labs feature of Google Calendar (at least I could't find it anymore) so it may not work anymore.
Salgud

Posted by Toodledo:
The instructions are here: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php

But, I think that Google discontinued the Labs feature of Google Calendar (at least I could't find it anymore) so it may not work anymore.

It still works, I just did as the instructions said. Unfortunately, it doesn't work all that well. The gadget only shows the top six tasks in whatever list you've chosen (from the standard TD Gadget), so unless you have 6 tasks or less in that view, you can't see them all.
woodennickel

Thanks.... it worked for me... and all my tasks are showing (more than 6). It isn't great, but it is a start.
Salgud

Posted: Oct 27, 2011
Interesting. When I read this, I went back to my Google calendar to look again, but I still only have a small TD tasks panel that shows about 6 tasks (less if their names are long enough to wrap to a second line) which is not, at least by any normal Windoze means, expandable.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That small panel should be scrollable.
Salgud

It is neither scrollable nor resizable, as far as I can tell.
bottomley.cs

Posted: Oct 30, 2011
I recently added the ToodleDo gadget to my Google Calendar and have been wondering the same thing. I can't find a way to resize or scroll either.
happyboy

Posted: Nov 03, 2011
Please, PLEASE consider implementing soon. When you do, I will subscribe immediafely.
SPriest

Posted: Nov 08, 2011
Please do implement the ability to sync with google tasks rather than just having the gadget as it would allow syncing between more mobile applications which sync with google tasks.
Aidan_1371980858

Posted: Nov 08, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
I would like to add my voice to the crowd. Integration is the way forward and Google are very good at it. I use Toodledo daily as a paid subscriber but if Google tasks develops into a good system then I will have to jump their way. If & when TD provides that integration we will have something that works brilliantly. Widgets are not the way forward in my view.

Comments from the TD administrator gave the lack of API support from Google as the reason then, so what is the reason now that that constraint is no longer there?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2011
We plan to support syncing with Google Tasks in a future update.
joachimthomas65

Posted: Nov 18, 2011
hope next update will be soon :)
(so I'd renew my subscription)
billkershner

Posted: Dec 02, 2011
I will greatly appreciate it when this sync/integration is made available as well. Please post to this thread when it is released? Thanks!
don.1stop

Posted: Feb 22, 2012
I am one of the torn between toodledo and google task. I have to depend heavily on googletask because it can add tasks directly from emails, but I hate this because it doesn't have the basic function of collapse view.
So,if toodle do can support googletask sync, I think you have 2 options. One is to oneway sync from google task to toodledo. (I believe it's impossible to sync all toodledo information to google because googletask lacks many toodledo fields and functions) Or, the other option may be is for the googlegadet to support email to task function directly from gmail webmail.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.