ForumsDevelopersSupport for Drafts

Support for Drafts
endofdays_old

Posted: Sep 20, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Any plan to support posting from Drafts?
http://agiletortoise.com/drafts-developers/

Even with the new sharing integration in iOS6 Drafts gives me a good way to quickly add notes to various other apps including Evernote and various other task/list managers.

I understand it requires URL schemes to add tasks (support ticket #35380)

In the meantime I can use their email sharing to send to TDD.

EDIT: With the Toodledo update from last night there's a link to iOS Reminders so I can use that to get tasks into Toodledo from Drafts in the meantime.

Thanks - I'm a big fan - TDD has really helped me streamline my GTD.

This message was edited Sep 21, 2012.
brandon_henley

Posted: Sep 29, 2012
Even getting the ToodleDo app to support text input so it will show up in the "Open In" dialog when sharing would be helpful.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
jackperdue

Posted: Jan 04, 2013
Ditto, I've recently moved to iOS and have discovered Drafts to be very helpful in my GTD workflow and of course ending up in Toodledo. So add my name of faithful TD users to this request list. Thanks,
~Jack
pjlewis

Posted: Jan 04, 2013
Could you use the "email actions" feature within Drafts to create custom email templates that send email into the Toodledo email to task feature?
Winky

Posted: Apr 30, 2013
@pjlewis - I just set up and tested a Toodledo email action in Drafts and it works real well to brain dump into my Inbox. I like this a lot.
kleerkoat

Posted: Jul 09, 2013
@winky, would you mind sharing your syntax, I was just considering trying this and came across this thread.

thanks in advance.
pjlewis

Posted: Jul 09, 2013
To send a draft into Toodledo as a single task, I setup an Email to Toodledo action in Drafts with:

To: address bringing my Toodledo email address ( as seen in account settings)
Subject: set to 'First Line'
Send as Markdown: Off
Send in background: On
Template: [[draft]]

When I use this, a single task is created in Toodledo using the first line as the task and the whole Draft in the notes section of that task.
kleerkoat

Posted: Jul 10, 2013
Thanks pjlewis!
kleerkoat

Posted: Jul 11, 2013
Did you figure out how to add the Toodledo tags to it?

I was trying to make a couple of different actions to place tasks in separate folders, different priorities, etc. But it never seemed to work.

Thanks.
pjlewis

So far I have only been able to set Toodledo attributes by specifying the first line in the draft in the special syntax as detailed in https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

I tried using the "predefined" subject line to add attributes to the task, but could not get this to work in combination with the first line content. Anybody else tried this?
pjlewis

Further testing reveals that:

You can use the "predefined" subject option in Drafts to set the Toodledo attribute syntax you need and use the [[title]] Drafts tag to include the first line in subject as well - allowing the first line to be the task title as before.

E.g. To always sent to the Shopping folder with low priority, the Drafts predefined subject would be:
[[title]] ! *Shopping

This means that you could setup a number of actions in Drafts to email to Toodledo with different preset attributes for folders, priorities, context tags etc.
kleerkoat

Posted: Jul 12, 2013
brilliant! I'm going to try it out.
pjlewis

Posted: Jul 13, 2013
Jake has confirmed that you cannot email a list of tasks into Toodledo right now. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot create a list of tasks in Drafts and then email the list into Toodledo as multiple tasks. Instead, you'll have to handle each task individually or do some heavy lifting manually via the website multiple task interface. A pity - this could have been brilliant!
kleerkoat

Ah man, that would have been really handy.

The help you gave me with the action is working flawlessly. Now I can send them to different folders with different actions and make priority differences as well.
pjlewis

No problem - glad to help.
kleerkoat

Posted: Jul 14, 2013
with this excercise as well it will help setup recipes in ifttt.
wenzelppc

Posted: Aug 28, 2013
pjlewis: If you like to send a list of tasks to the Toodledo inbox, use the List to Reminders option in Drafts and makes sure you have Toodledo set up to import reminders.

Here's my setup:

drafts://x-callback-url/create?text=[[draft]]&action=List%20in%20Reminders&x-success=toodledo://

This message was edited Aug 28, 2013.
pjlewis

Posted: Aug 28, 2013
Many thanks wenzelppc - this is a great option and I have made this work for me too. By disabling reminders sync in the mail options, enabling reminders sync in the Toodledo iOS app and adding the URL action you posted in Drafts, I have been able to get a list in drafts sent to reminders and then synced to Toodledo. It works great!!

As an additional benefit, reminders added by Siri also get synced into Toodledo - something else I've wanted for a while.......

These will help my workflows a lot - thank you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.