Search results for "Posted by "
Vin Thomas

Posted Aug 01, 2009 in: Color Task
Score: 0
You're welcome!
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Color Task
You can just load the script into stylish and edit it from there. That is how I created it.
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: First Run at a Darker Theme
Glad you guys find the script useful. I use the "Silver Lining" theme from within Gmail. I tried to emulate that as much as I could so I could have a consistent UI. It is pretty close, but if I had the time I would love to really refine a TD user style.

Thanks for the feedback!
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Color Task
Hmm...I think you could do this pretty easily by finding out the class names for the different statuses within TD. I would do it for you, but I am SLAMMED for work right now.
Vin Thomas

I think calling No Folder "Inbox" would be a good move for those who are looking for a GTD system. It might even be little things like that that trigger retention with GTD minded folks.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I like the terminology anyway.
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Reminder without time
That is AWESOME! I am so glad about this!
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Reminder without time
I have certain tasks that have due dates, but not due times. TD allows me to set a reminder time even when a due time is not set. My question is will it remind me at all if there is no due time set? I would love for this to be a feature, but I have a feeling it won't work...
Vin Thomas

The developer's name is Jake and you can read more here: http://www.jakeo.com/
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Todo list and notebook really seperate?
Posted by DSM:
Has anyone compared the features of Toodledo Notebook vs. Evernote Notebook? What's the value-add of Toodledo Notebook over Evernote? Maybe it would be better to scrap the Toodledo Notebook and instead tightly integrate with Evernote.

I use Evernote quite extensively, and so do many of the other TD forum regulars. The benefit of improving the TD notebook would be to have a single service that could manage both functions.

I would be all in favor of a tighter integration with Evernote if it could be done in a nice seamless way. Evernote is great, and I am sure TD doesn't want to (neither should they) want to reinvent that wheel.
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Toodledo migrating to new servers
Score: 1
Great news! I am glad to see Rackspace acting so responsibly with you!
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Suggestion: Moderator Control (Anders)
Posted by Tyler:

My suggested alternatives to replace them:

--A green checkmark in place of thumbs up for "Flag as Interesting or Useful"

-- A red flag in place of thumbs down for "Flag as Inappropriate or Spam"

Any thoughts about this?

This suggestions seems more appropriate to me (and probably the original intent of Toodledo).
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Suggestion: Moderator Control (Anders)
I agree with Proximo. If a comment is illegitmate, inappropriate, or out of line, I think it is fine for the post to be removed. But this seems like a unintended flaw of the thumbs-up/thumbs-down feature.

I actually like the feature, but I don't think it should be used like this.

If critical statements are taken down or hidden that doesn't really nurture open community. If I am just writing to please the TD moderators and members what is the point of even making a constructively critical statement.

I wonder if this post will get hidden too...

Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Color Task
I agree. Color coding is great. I like the way Checkvist does it. But I created a userscript to make it possible in TD via priorities, and due-dates.

You can download the script here: http://tr.im/tdthm
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 28, 2009 in: Brief spike in traffic causes downtime
Score: -1
And as a side note I think it is somewhat silly to hide comments because of negative votes. If it were an illegitimate comment that would be fine, but I think the latest rounds of downtime is a reasonable concern.
Vin Thomas

Posted by cburkins:
Vin,

you wrote:
"Wonder why many other sites don't have these issues."

Many sites do have these issues at some point in their growth phase. Whether those sites survive depends on how well they respond to the growing pains.

I've got great hopes for toodledo. And some of toodledo's problems seem to have been problems with rackspace.com, who have been generally excellent for years, though they've been having a rocky stretch lately.

Hey, I am the biggest supporter of toodledo. I have written articles, participated in the forums, submitted toodledo to resource directories, etc. But at the same time I care about availability. I have used MANY MANY products in beta, and I haven't used one that has this many downtime issues.

I understand that this is part of the growing pains of Toodledo, and I am happy to see so many people jump on board.

Honestly, was I crippled by not having access to my Toodledo for 20 mins? No. But it has become a bit annoying to see this happen every couple weeks.

@Toodledo I appreciate your urgency to minimize downtime and move to a more stable system.
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 28, 2009 in: Freelance Resource Directory
Toodledo has been approved on Freelance Switch. Be sure to go here and give it a nice rating: http://freelanceswitch.com/resources-directory/project-tools/organization/

This is part of the Envato network and has a ton of influence.
Vin Thomas

This seems to be more and more of an issue. Wonder why many other sites don't have these issues. Is it merely a server issue, or is it something to do with the app itself?
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 27, 2009 in: Tasks vs Calender events
I agree with David, due dates need to be only for tasks that really need due dates. I use priority and status to determine the order of my tasks. Due dates come in handy for me though sometimes. I like having them available.

I wish there were someway to remove due dates from my main view and add them in an "Advanced options" dialogue box (same goes with repeated tasks, reminders, etc).
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 27, 2009 in: New Article Featuring Toodledo
I wrote an article on my blog about my experiences with task management systems. You can read it here if you'd like:

http://vintom.com/blog/great-task-management-tools/
Vin Thomas

Posted Jul 23, 2009 in: Freelance Resource Directory
I just added Toodledo to the Freelance Switch Resource Directory. It should appear shortly.

I thought it might be useful to share the link since it has other tools TD users might find helpful.

http://freelanceswitch.com/resources-directory/
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22      Next