ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
ChristianDiscer

Score: 0
iOS Toodledo app ver 3.2.2 (3651)
iPod 4th Generation iOS ver 6.1.5

Help (in the app) for Repeating Tasks states (italics added);
If you are syncing with Toodledo, a repeating task will not be rescheduled until you sync once.

Because I'm not normally connected to the internet - completed repeating tasks are hidden until a sync is done. Of course, completing the sync updates the task for the next repeat.

Will it ever be possible to properly update repeating tasks while offline?

Thanks
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jan 10, 2014 in: Alarms going off incorrectly!!
Posted by Chris:
I have what seems like the same problem - I have several tasks that repeat every day and have an alarm. Say I mark Task A complete via the website long before the alarm is due to go off, and subsequently sync my iOS app (still long before the alarm), the iOS alarm will still go off when the time comes, even though it knows that the task has been completed. I have iOS alarms set to come from the device.

Found this thread because I've had the same problem for a long time.

iOS app is set for "task alarms come from device"

I'll (1) complete a task online (normally a repeating task) BEFORE the alarm triggers then (2) sync the iOS app. However the alarm still triggers at original time. (3) When the task is displayed by the app the date shown is for the NEXT instance.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Dec 30, 2013 in: IOS and Website hopelessly out of sync
Posted by Cliff_1357078368:
I use my IOS 70% of the time to keep my to do list updated. Every so often the device and website get out of sync.

No help here, just wondering if we have a similar problem.

I notice syncing problems when tasks are completed on my iPod while "offline" - especially repeating tasks. Unlike (I assume) an iPhone which can update completed tasks anytime because it's always "online" with the apps "sync on edit" enabled.

So, my questions are; what iOS device are you using? and is it "online" when completing tasks? finally if online, is Toodledo's app "sync on edit" setting enabled?

Just curious and I wish you well.
ChristianDiscer

Posted by alves.carlos:
I have also noticed under the same versions, that sync is not always working well, although no log errors occur. But Tasks don't always get synced, only after several sync attempts. The problem is that I've not been able to understand the pattern to simulate this issue. As someone else experienced it?

Yes, I have experienced this and recently created a trouble ticket. In my case it seems to happen when repeating tasks are completed while disconnected from the Internet. I use an iPod so a WiFi Internet connection is not always possible.

Wishing you well and a very merry Christmas.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Dec 19, 2013 in: Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
Very nice! Now I see the benefits of IFTTT.

Please create a Toodledo trigger for tasks added WITH a "due on/by/optional" date. Makes sense to add these tasks to my Google calendar.

Tasks with a "due by" date are added to the current date - shouldn't they be added to the date entered?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks again for implementing IFTTT.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Dec 04, 2013 in: Send gmail email via iOS mail app???
iPod 4th gen iOS 6.1.5

Google's email app and another third party email app send and receive email via gmail services without any problems.

However, when an app, such as toodledo, attempts to send an email (e.g. send synchronization log) the system apparently defaults to the iOS mail app settings which fails to send the email - it stays in the outbox.

(side question: it does not seem possible to set which email app the toodledo app uses - can this be possible in the future?)

I've read google's help, browsed the apple forums, and other places without any resolution.

POP & IMAP is enabled for Google, I've deleted and re-added the iOS mail account, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone experience this and knows the answer?

Thanks
ChristianDiscer

Posted by ChristianDiscer:
p.s. I've not created a trouble ticket as I'm just gathering info.

FYI - Just created a support ticket.
ChristianDiscer

iPod 4th gen iOS 6.1.5, Toodledo app 3.2.1

With the iPod being a "not always online" device, like the iPhone, many tasks are flagged completed offline then synced online when possible - at least once a day.

The sync usually works as expected but there are times when the task (usually a repeating task, eg. daily or monthly) does not update online and refuses to show in the app until the online task is flagged as complete and the app is re-synced.

Anyone else notice this? Are there known syncing problems?

Thanks

p.s. I've not created a trouble ticket as I'm just gathering info.
ChristianDiscer

Already checked toodledo & ipod settings. The ipod setting to "set automatically" the timezone is "OFF" because "location services" is also off - to save battery power.

Will report if this "error" happens again Saturday.
ChristianDiscer

Will create a support ticket if necessary, but any steps I should first take? (*) iOS 6.1.3 on iPod 4th Gen, (*) Toodledo app 3.2.1, (*) Time set correctly on website settings, (*) alarms triggered from device (e.g. ipod)

A daily alarm works correctly, but the problem seems to happen with tasks set to trigger like "The 3rd Sat of each month"

Thanks

Update: Without flagging task as done the alarm triggers also at the normal time.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2013.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Oct 29, 2013 in: Enhanced Alarms
Score: 1
Alarms enhancement request - The ability to activate ONE specific alarm type from a task. The default would be to ALL, like it currently is.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Sep 20, 2013 in: List text fields
List text fields may be defined as "short" or "long", but what exactly are the limits?

Thanks
ChristianDiscer

Posted Sep 17, 2013 in: Lists?
Posted by Sabina A.:
Lists was just released! Try logging in again and you should see the new "Lists" tab.

Got it! Thanks.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Sep 17, 2013 in: Lists?
There's a new youtube video entitled "Toodledo Intro Tutorial #11 - Lists", but I don't see lists. This was either posted too soon to youtube or my "Silver toodledo" subscription does not have lists.

I'm unable to locate info about lists as well, what am I missing?

Thanks.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jul 23, 2013 in: Outline error
The error "seems" to have gone away - anyone still experiencing the error?
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jul 23, 2013 in: Outline error
Posted by dcherni:
I keep getting an error saying that Toodledo catch fetch outlines. Is it just me...

I've been getting the same message too. The message is; "Unable to fetch outlines from the website. Please try again later."

Thought I fixed it by removing a Chrome extension (toodledo highlighter) but the message is back.

Currently using "Chrome 28.0.1500.72 m" on "Windows XP SP3"
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jul 10, 2013 in: Outline - hide checked
I did not mean the tasks list, but for outlines. There's a blue toolbar for Outlines which contains: collapse, check all, & delete checked. I would like a "hide checked" option too.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jul 10, 2013 in: Outline - hide checked
The ability to temporarily hide checked items would be nice. I would like to keep the checked items but hide them from view.

Thanks
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 in: Editing XML Files
Posted by John.macnamara:
How do you find it for editing tasks?

Very good at editing small to very large files. Plus it color codes XML tags making it easier to locate and edit the actual text.

Regardless of why you need to edit toodledo's XML, I would caution to be extremely careful by making backups in case things go bad.

I've not used Notepad++ specifically for XML, but find it handy to edit SQL code.

Being a "programming" editor, certain tasks, like search/replace, may be daunting at first so take it one step at a time and you'll do fine.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 in: Editing XML Files
Notepad++ is a free program editor with the ability to edit XML and other file types. Download from their web site at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next