ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by lite1"
lite1

Score: 1
  • lite1
  • Posted: May 10, 2009
  • Score: 1
Anders ... You con't to be very helpful to me, a complete noob getting up to speed. You seem active and knowledgeable with your forum posts. You try to clarify and provide accurate info. Seemingly I can't have you refer me as TD user as I've started already, but will see what I can do to get TD to reward you. Aside from TD being in many ways better than RTM from which I would migrate, your posts here and on other threads have greatly influenced me in my most likely adopting TD. So again, many thanks. Edward
lite1

Score: 0
  • lite1
  • Posted: May 10, 2009
  • Score: 0
Thx for suggestion melchiz1. This might address my desire for a streamlined way of entering new tasks but if I understand correctly requires one to know the email syntax for entering tasks. It is helpful tip allowing for standalone use of TD. After playing more with TD I realize while several key strokes could be cut down from the UI, it works satisfactorily.

Your suggestion is (free) Toodledo Air app and is in this thread - I have also copied parts of posts from there (hope that is OK & of some help). If I understand correctly, the Air app allows you to use Toodledo Slim on a non-mobile computer that is not web connected. I have not yet tried it.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/356/-1805/toodledo-air-app.html

OP: "... here is a simple AIR app (just an HTML wrapper) that runs the slim version of Toodledo in a window size of 240x510. I prefer this method as I do not need Firefox running all of the time. Although memory usage is not an issue on my laptop, this simple wrapper uses less than half of what Firefox does."
=======
It seems that a different (free) AIR app for TD that allows for email type quick entry is here
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/1443/0/toodleair-20.html

{1st edit: To add the 2nd AIR app and to mention email syntax. Hope above is accurate info; perhaps melchiz1 can elaborate on his post without taking this thread too far off course.}

This message was edited May 10, 2009.
lite1

Posted May 09, 2009 in: Keyboard Shortcuts
  • lite1
  • Posted: May 09, 2009
Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle the TD sidebar for display/hidden?
lite1

• lite1
Anders, thank you so much - you've been great, and I see many helpful and responsive posts in the forums which is an excellent sign. I will have to play a bit more with TD, but expect that I will move from RTM which I have only been exploring for a week.

Given the number of people who are happy that they migrated from RTM, and given the very positive attitude of developer to forum community in contrast to my exp. at RTM - I expect that there will be few regrets about moving, other than perhaps the 10 hours that I invested in evaluating RTM. However I will invest a great deal of time in the software I end up with and so making the right choice is vital.

Certainly expect that a Pro account will be worth it as sub-tasks is a great plus for TD.

It seems like one of the major requests of TD community is to be able to edit multiple tasks in a smoother manner, but perhaps that will be solved soon.

Edward
lite1

• lite1
Anders . thx for informative reply.
1) Glad that TD seems to have similar functionality to RTM when synched to Gcal. Appreciate your comment that TD sayig synch happens 1/day might well be more honest than what RTM states/claims. As you say Goog controls this and it makes sense that all are treated =ly.

2) I have seen similar requests to mine for changes in features to TD internal cal. so as you say there is hope.

New ? to you or anyone: RTM has what they call SmartLists but it seems that the only thing close in TD is to do an Advanced Search and Save It. If one could create a TD folder from a Saved Advanced Search this would be the same as a SmartList.
TD Saved Advanced Search:
1) What is the quickest set of keyboard shortcuts or whatever to access this?
2) It seems that this is a view the results only and one cannot add new tasks. I believe this is true for TD, and makes it much less useful than a SmartList.

Thx again, Edward
lite1

• lite1
I am considering moving from Remember The Milk to TD, and seems that there are some trade-offs. Love that TD staff is responsive.

1) Internal TD calendar is a plus as RTM has no internal cal. Perhaps I do not understand TD cal., but it seems that all you see as overview is how many tasks you have due with no hint as to what they are. Must click to get any information. If this is true, then it is of very limited usefulness to me.

2) TD and synch with Gcal: A) Another thread stated that TD synch but once each 24 hours with Gcal. (RTM states it synchs 4 times/day and even that I find to be annoyingly inadequate.) B) When TD does synch do you just see that you have "3 tasks due" as in the TD internal cal., or do you get to see the details? C) For TD task that you "see" in Gcal can you simply click on the task and then seamlessly move to TD to the correct task so that you can edit it? (I'm using Firefox. FYI, in RTM when you synch with Gcal you see tasks as Events when they do not have a time; and at a specific time when date/time has been filled in. Certainly hope TD works similarly.)

3) Quick task entry: Each program has some pros/cons in terms of quickly creating tasks. I have enabled keyboard shortcuts in TD but it seems that there is no shortcut for accepting/adding the task? Is that correct, and if so seems like poor choice for UI as it slows things down if you don't want to enter more than Task:Name Folder DueDate/Time you then have to tab through remainder of fields (or use mouse) to add the task. Would strongly prefer that after enter Task Name and at that point or after having tabbed to any other field that a simple Enter would add the task. I have not fully played with Multi Task option, but being able to add Tasks quickly seems to be one of the critical UI aspects of this kind of program.

4) Thanks for cutting my learning curve as I evaluate whether a switch to TD is warranted or whether I'd be trading one set of frustrations and work-arounds for a different set of pros/cons. I know that others here are considering or having recently moved from RTM to TD and any comments are welcome on that subject.

Edward
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8