ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
c.e.perry

Posted Dec 29, 2010 in: GTD Contest
Score: 0
I know there that there are a lot of people on Toodledo that use the Getting Things Done (GTD) system, so I wanted to point out that we're holding a contest to encourage people to get organized in the new year.

If you post your productivity story on the Daze End Software blog, you'll have a chance to win a $40 productivity package including an iBooks edition of David Allen's "Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity" and copies of Action Lists GTD apps for the iPhone and iPad (which both sync with Toodledo!).

You can get more information and enter the contest at: http://software.dazeend.org/blog/2010/12/get-organized-in-the-new-year-with-gtd-and-action-lists/
c.e.perry

Posted Dec 29, 2010 in: How long will API 1.0 be available?
Are there plans to discontinue API 1.0? If so, has a date been announced? I'm trying to plan future enhancements and I'd like to know how much time I have available to implement API 2.0.

Thanks.
c.e.perry

Action Lists for iPad is now available in the App Store. Check it out! [iTunes link]

This message was edited Dec 21, 2010.
c.e.perry

I'm happy to introduce Action Lists for iPad, a new GTD task manager for the iPad and companion app to Action Lists on the iPhone which is coming to the App Store this Tuesday, December 21. Action Lists for iPad combines all the powerful features you need to Get Things Done, with a beautifully simple interface that makes it a pleasure to interact with your lists.

Action Lists for iPad also makes it easy to access your tasks when and where you need them. You can synchronize your tasks to the web (Toodledo.com) and to Action Lists on your iPhone. So whether you're in your car, at your desk, or on your couch, all your information is at your fingertips.

Action Lists was built from the ground up to support Getting Things Done, and I think that you'll find that Action Lists is one of the best tools available on iOS devices for supporting that system. Learn more about Action Lists for iPad by visiting its preview page, or take a look at some screen shots. I hope that you'll check it out.

Action Lists for iPad Features
------------------------------
- Built from the ground up for GTD
- Synchronize over-the-air to Action Lists on your iPhone
- Synchronize over-the-air with your free Toodledo account
- Search your tasks (including notes)
- Subproject support
- Quick Add feature for fast entry of batches of tasks
- Email tasks to others from within Action Lists
- Create a "tickler file" by scheduling tasks for the future
- Repeating tasks repeat on a schedule that you choose
- Sort lists alphabetically, by due date, or manually (drag and drop)
- Clickable telephone numbers, email addresses, and URLs in task notes

This message was edited Dec 18, 2010.
c.e.perry

Posted Jul 30, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
A new update to Action Lists is now in the App Store. The big new feature in this version is a calendar-based date picker for due dates and start dates. You can download the update from the iPhone App Store.

Changes in version 2.6.0:

- Added new calendar-based date picker.

- Added the ability to email entire lists. This works for the inbox, contexts, projects, someday list, and waiting list.

- New artwork for non-retina display devices.

- Fixed manual sorting for Contexts.

- Minor user interface improvements.
c.e.perry

Posted Jul 15, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
Version 2.5.2 of Action Lists is now available in the App Store. This version is a bug fix version that includes these changes:

- Fixed issue where date picker could appear off by one day if your local timezone was far removed from the Pacific (U.S.) timezone.

- Fixed note icon on task cells (only for non-retina display screens)

- Fixed bug that sometimes prevented Action Lists from opening on the last viewed tab.

- Fixed some crashing bugs.
c.e.perry

Posted Jul 04, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
Can you explain what you mean by "customizable icon badges?" I'm not really sure what it is you're asking for.
c.e.perry

Posted Jul 03, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
Hey guys! I'm excited to announce that the new version (v2.5.0) of Action Lists GTD Task Manager is now available in the iPhone App Store. Action Lists was built specifically for the Getting Things Done (GTD) system, and syncing to Toodledo. I hope that you'll take a look at Action Lists in the App Store, and consider a purchase.

To celebrate, here are some promo codes good for a download of Action Lists from the App Store. (Good in the U.S. App Store only. Sorry.) Just redeem them in iTunes like a gift card. Enjoy!

Promo Codes:
99PTTALP4KXN
A7TFEYTTNR4T
6JK4NAXWMYYN

Below is a list of improvements in this version. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email or on Twitter.

New in this version:

* Compatible with iOS 4.
* Updated icons to take advantage of Retina Display in iPhone 4.
* More robust syncing with Toodledo
* Table cells now dynamically resize their height to accommodate long task titles
* Added option to sort lists by context.
* Long lists should now scroll faster and more smoothly.
* Updated application icon

This message was edited Jul 03, 2010.
c.e.perry

I'm happy to announce that a new version of Listmaker is now available on the App Store. Version 1.3.0 is a major release that improves synchronization with Toodledo, adds new features, and updates the visual look of Listmaker.

Here's a quick run down of what's new:

- Now requires iPhone OS version 3.1 or later
- Localized into English, Spanish, German, French, and Japanese
- Most cells now have dynamic height so that entire text can be displayed without being cut off
- Added toolbar button that completes or uncompletes entire lists
- Now warns users when items are "due soon"
- Updated artwork
- More robust Toodledo synchronization
- Better error reporting during Toodledo synchronization

And here's a few promo codes you can use to download a free copy of Listmaker from iTunes:

M9AWFNRKRWMP
EALNWWPFYM9N
YT7LTKNN9397
4RP6MF64WWAA

For more info about Listmaker, visit its webpage at http://software.dazeend.org/listmaker. Or download it directly from the App Store.

This message was edited May 04, 2010.
c.e.perry

Does anyone know if Chromatic Dragon's software that syncs between Outlook and Toodledo can set the status on tasks synced to Toodledo? If so, can you point me in the right direction?
c.e.perry

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
I’m happy to announce that a new version of Action Lists GTD Task Manager is now available in the App Store. Highlights of this version include:

* An “Active” status has been added that will allow users to better plan out their projects. (Active tasks don’t appear in action lists/context lists.)
* Automatic task queuing that promotes Active tasks to Next Actions whenever a task is completed. (This is sometimes referred to as “sequential projects”.)
* A new “Due Soon” feature that highlights tasks as their due date is approaching.
* Localizations. Action Lists is now available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Japanese.

Action Lists was built from the ground up to support Getting Things Done, and I think that you'll find that these most recent changes have made Action Lists an even better tool to support GTD on your iPhone or iPod touch. A full list of changes in this version can be found on the Daze End Software blog. I hope that you'll check it out.
c.e.perry

Posted by tarnf:
...Toodledo is great. But I just don't know if I can live without sequential projects, where Next Action gets automatically percolated down.

You may want to look at Action Lists which is an iPhone GTD app that syncs with Toodledo. Action Lists now supports sequential projects (although it calls the feature "task queuing"). That might help the problem on the iPhone side, although it wouldn't address the problem when tasks are completed via the web interface. More info at: http://software.dazeend.org/action_lists

(Full disclosure: I am the author of Action lists.)

This message was edited Mar 03, 2010.
c.e.perry

Posted Jan 22, 2010 in: Did rep_advanced format change?
Thanks for the reply. It's not based on the way that the user types them in, though. I'm the user that typed them in, and I typed them in using the top formats. Toodledo reformated my strings to look like the bottom ones. At one time I believe Toodledo formated them like the top ones, but not anymore.

I knew about the help page you pointed me to, and you'll notice that the help page agrees with what I think used to be the format. The format that Toodledo is now providing is subtly different.

Also, I interpret that page to define acceptable input formats. I'm looking for a definition of the output format. I encourage you to provide an output format definition in the API docs.

Thanks for providing a wonderful product.
c.e.perry

Posted Jan 21, 2010 in: Did rep_advanced format change?
When did the format for the rep_advanced string provided by the API change? At one time Toodledo provided rep_advanced strings like these:

Every Monday
On the third Monday of each month

Now the rep_advanced strings look like this:

Every Mon
The 3rd Mon of each month

Were these changes announced, and I just missed it? Is there anywhere the format of the rep_advanced strings is documented? (I looked in the API docs, but couldn't find anything.) If there isn't a format definition anywhere, could we get one please?

Thanks.
c.e.perry

Posted Jan 21, 2010 in: Trying a different iphone app
Score: -1
cjuzda,

If you don't like the way ToDo handles projects, you may want to look at my app, Action Lists on the iPhone. It syncs with Toodledo and tries to make GTD as easy as possible.

One difference between Action Lists and ToDo is in the way that it handles projects. Action Lists syncs projects to Toodledo as folders. This might suit you better.

You can get more info on Action Lists from: http://software.dazeend.org/action_lists

Good luck finding a solution that works for you.
c.e.perry

Version 1.2.0 of Listmaker is now available in the iPhone App Store. Version 1.2.0 adds some new features and fixes some bugs. These changes are included in version 1.2.0:

- Added search to all lists. Just scroll to the top of the list to search.

- Changed task detail display so that when you tap a list item's note, it takes you to a screen that parses the note for web addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers and displays them as hyperlinks. When those hyperlinks are tapped, Safari, Mail, or the Phone are opened, as appropriate.

- Listmaker can now turn the contents of your clipboard (or "pasteboard") into list items. Just copy text that contains the list items (perhaps from an email you received), click on the lightning bolt to open the Quick List screen, dismiss the keyboard, and use the button in the toolbar. This feature will turn each line of text in your pasteboard into a separate list item.

- Improved the user interface.

- Fixed a bug that offset due dates when leaving Daylight Savings time.

- Fixed some other minor user interface bugs.
c.e.perry

Posted Dec 03, 2009 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
Version 2.2.0 of Action Lists is now available in the iPhone App Store. Version 2.2.0 adds some new features and fixes some bugs. These changes are included in version 2.2.0:

- Added search to all major lists. Just scroll to the top of the list to search.

- Changed task detail display so that when you tap a task's note, it takes you to a screen that parses the note for web addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers and displays them as hyperlinks. When those hyperlinks are tapped, Safari, Mail, or the Phone are opened, as appropriate.

- Action Lists can now turn the contents of your clipboard (or "pasteboard") into tasks. Just copy text that contains the titles of tasks (perhaps from an email you received), click on the lightning bolt to open the Quick Task screen, dismiss the keyboard, and use the button in the toolbar. This feature will turn each line of text in your pasteboard into a separate task.

- Improved the user interface.

- Fixed a bug that offset due dates and start dates when leaving Daylight Savings time.

- Fixed some other minor user interface bugs.
c.e.perry

Posted Nov 27, 2009 in: Cool new iPhone ToDo app
wjlynch: If you're looking for a iPhone app that is built around the GTD methodology, and syncs with Toodledo now, you might be interested in Action Lists. You can get more information from our website: http://software.dazeend.org/action_lists

Good luck on finding your right tool!
c.e.perry

Posted Oct 12, 2009 in: Small bug fixes and API updates.
The API changes sound great. One question, though: wasn't it already possible to add tasks that repeat from completion date?

From the API documentation:
"Additionally, if the task is set to repeat from the completion date (instead of the original due-date), the repeat value will be incremented by 100. For example, a repeat value of 2 means repeat monthly from the due-date and a value of 102 means repeat monthly from the completion date."

I already implement this in my apps. Did something change that I'm missing?

This message was edited Oct 12, 2009.
c.e.perry

Listmaker doesn't sync with the notebook because the notebook doesn't support due date, which I considered an essential feature of the tool I wanted to create. Enjoy the free app!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next