ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Dalker"
Dalker

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: Only 1 context
Score: 1
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2011
  • Score: 1
Your subcontexts might be a good idea, in the sense that contexts also mean that once you start working on a specific mode, it's easy to continue. I think David Allen gives the example of @phone : it takes some energy to take the phone and get into the "phonecall" mode, but once you're there, it's easier to stay there and do all your phonecalls at once - one of the arguments to sort tasks by context to begin with.
Dalker

Posted Feb 07, 2011 in: Best Android App for Toodledo?
Score: 0
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by Mike Thomas:
One thing that is important to me is that the app should also support the Toodledo Notebook. Are there any third-party apps that do that?

UTDL does this. I haven't really used seriously it but I tried it once, and it did sync well.
Edit: I mean I didn't use notes extensively. I do use UTDL every day and it works pretty well for all the other things.

This message was edited Feb 07, 2011.
Dalker

Posted Jan 28, 2011 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2011
  • Score: -1
Posted by Matt:
@rbro: I'm working on getting Proximo's setup working on my Droid but the biggest problem is the lack of Saved Searches. I think that I might use the Next Actions status too in order to get beyond this.

What App are you using? "Views" in UTL are similar to saved searches, so they do the trick. Probably other apps have a similar feature too.
Dalker

Posted Jan 18, 2011 in: Use notebook for meeting notes
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2011

And of course, a nice android app would be very welcome ;) (I am using GotTo Do now, but with this app I can't use notes on my phone, which I would like to do)

The Ultimate Todo List android app syncs with Toodledo including its notes, and in my experience it's generally better than GotToDo.

However, a native Toodledo Android app would obviously be the best if it ever gets implemented ;-)
Dalker

Posted Jan 16, 2011 in: Android App.
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2011
First of all, I second that suggestion: an actual official toodledo app on Android would be awesome ;-)

@ChalP: I've tried a lot of the current third-party apps and settled for "Ultimate Todo List". Syncing works fine, and the developper has been very responsive to improvement suggestions. It's not free after a trial period, however.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2011.
Dalker

Posted Jan 16, 2011 in: Someday/Maybe tasks and folders
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2011
I personally have a special context called "PROJECT" that I apply to any task that instead of being directly activable requires more than one step (in David Allen's sense of "project"), and then add subtasks with regular subtasks to it. A whole project and its tasks could all be labeled with a status of Someday without braking this structure. A disadvantage of folders rather than the subtask structure is that it's probably harder to "hide" the whole thing when you don't want to see it.
Dalker

Posted Jan 15, 2011 in: Read about our latest batch of updates
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
2) Reverse sorting for second and third sort criteria is now possible. Look in the sort toolbar.

This is great! Thanks a lot!
Dalker

• Dalker
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2011
I didn't know one could do that, and having the same kind of issue had found a convoluted workaround using a combinationof other date tests. This is so much simpler!

Suggestion: Why not make it the default that pressing "Today" and "Tomorrow" buttons when creating a saved search actually places the words in the corresponding field, rather than the date? This is probably what most poeple want from a saved search.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2011.
Dalker

Posted Jan 10, 2011 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2011
I'll also add my vote for this feature
Dalker

Posted Jan 10, 2011 in: Search with uncimpleted subtasks
  • Dalker
Thanks for the idea, but that won't work, sadly. It would show "projects" that are also subtasks, whereas I want "projects" which don't have an active subtask.

The closest to what I want is

Checked Off - no
AND
Context is Project
AND
Has Subtasks - no

But if it the "project" has a completed subtask, it won't appear on my search. My only workaround is to delete or remove completed subtasks from the parrent, but that's not so nice because it removes possibly useful reference to recently completed tasks.

What I'd really need is something like

Has subtask which is not checked off - no

or somehow the ability to generally search based on a property of possibly existing subtasks.
Dalker

Posted Jan 10, 2011 in: Search with uncimpleted subtasks
  • Dalker
Hello,

In my implementation of a "gtd-like" system, I have tasks whose "context" is "PROJECT", destined to have subtasks until totally done.

For their review, I'd ideally like to e able to make a search of all tasks which
a) have a context of "PROJECT"
AND
b) have no subtasks which are not completed

The trouble is the second part. Is there a way or are there plans to have a way to do this?

Thanks

Edit: sorry for the typo in the subject title - I'm unable to edit it.. :-(

This message was edited Jan 10, 2011.
Dalker

Posted Dec 21, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2010
Great! Thanks a lot for the update, and the update notification is a really nice feature too!
Dalker

Posted Dec 21, 2010 in: TooDo and Android
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2010
Posted by vginer:
So, is Got To Do the best Android app for managing Toodledo tasks lists, at the moment??

I've tried many variants lately and settled for Ultimate To-Do List (discussed here: http://groups.google.com/group/ultimate-to-do-list), which is one of the best android apps out there that syncs with Toodledo.
Dalker

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for this script, piyush_soni, this is really useful! (I'm also one of the people who "live" in the Search views).
One small bug though: Currently if I make a new search, the script immediatly jumps to other search tabs and somehow this gets rid of the new search. Simple workaround; disable Greasemonkey while creating a new search.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2010.
Dalker

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: UI Change
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2010
+1 for ideas 6 and 7 from the above post

Posted by andrew.yeh.10:

6. Allow people to create their own smart lists and put them wherever they want. This is a functional improvement, but it also allows the following UI improvement:
7. Take out or make optional (opt-out/opt-in) the current default views and sub-views. I personally believe from my own usage of the service that the sub-views-- recently added, recently completed, and recently modified-- should be opt-in views or "create it yourself" views. Hotlist and starred should be opt-out views.
Dalker

Posted Dec 15, 2010 in: Scheduler
  • Dalker
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2010
Hello,

I'd like to add my own simple suggestion for the scheduler.
Presently, the only filtering criteria available is by Context. I'd like to have more flexibility on which tasks I can choose to make available to the Scheduler script.

Fortunately, there's a lot of flexibility in Toodledo already, so this shouldn't be too hard to implement! Simply make it possible for the Scheduler to select tasks only from a specified "Saved Search".

This way, the user can decide on whatever restrictions apply( which may be defined by more than just the Context field), and then let the scheduler do the rest of the work. Also, saved searches are not only re-usable anytime, but can also be modified very easily if needed, so this would really bring all the power of saved searches to the Scheduler. I believe this would really make the Scheduler much more useful (I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by its present limitations, since it's one of the perks I got as a premium user).

Regards,
Daniel
Dalker

• Dalker
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2010
I've tried several solutions to sync toodledo with an android app, and this has been my final choice for now. I appreciate that the developper is very responsive in the app's google group http://groups.google.com/group/ultimate-to-do-list
This is one of the few android apps I actually paid for, and I'm happy to have done so (after using the limited time trial version).