ForumsNewsAdd a task from anywhere with our Bookmarklet

Add a task from anywhere with our Bookmarklet
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 31, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll implement this in the next update.
bgfons

Posted: Sep 03, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Toodledo now has a Bookmarklet, which is like a mini browser plugin that allows you to quickly add a task from any webpage you happen to be on. You don't have to switch back to Toodledo. It even includes the URL of the page you are on in the task's note.

This is a great way to flag a webpage for later action. For example, suppose you found a nice article that you want to read, but you don't have time right now. Just click the bookmarklet and add the task to Toodledo. Later, when you have time, click the link in your Toodledo task and go back to read that article. Or, suppose you are reading an email in Gmail that you want to act on later. Just click the bookmarklet and add it to your Toodledo list. Then when you want to return to that email, click the link inside the task on Toodledo and you'll be right back in the email.

The bookmarklet also has a way to quickly view your tasks from anywhere. Just activate the bookmarklet and click the "View tasks" button. A small popup window will appear with our mobile website loaded inside for quick access to your to-do list while browsing the internet.

The bookmarklet is compatible with all major web browsers and can be installed in seconds. You can find it in our "Tools" section at the top of the page in the "More" section.

Bookmarklet

I like your new Bookmarklet feature, but I'd prefer that the drop down box be resizable and moveable. As it stands now it covers the part of the screen that I need to make reference to when I'm filling in the drop down box. Thanks. Bryan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 03, 2012
You can click the "View tasks" button instead and it will open a new window that you can keep open as you use the web to have quick access to adding or viewing your tasks.
martingchapman

Posted: Sep 04, 2012
This is fantastic, a welcome addition for all GMail users because the url of the GMail thread is automatically placed in the note of the task.

I use(d) Firefox because there ia an addon for adding a task that automatically contains the url of the page, but my company are committed to GApps and this means I can go back to using Chrome and have my GMail/Calendar available off-line.

Thank you so much for this - Martin.
bgfons

Posted: Sep 04, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
You can click the "View tasks" button instead and it will open a new window that you can keep open as you use the web to have quick access to adding or viewing your tasks.

You certainly can do that, but then you would have to log in. It would be just as easy and fast to open Toodledo as you normally would and log in. I'd still like to see the drop down box sizeable and moveable. Thanks. Bryan
Larry.Roberts_SAC

Posted: Sep 10, 2012
Great add on as it is! It would be so, so helpful to have this work with my Android phone and gmail.
Salgud

Works great with FF, but not at all with IE8. Is this a known issue?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
IE8 does not support it. Please upgrade to IE9.
Salgud

Would that I could! It's not my machine, belongs to the state. Thanks for letting me know.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2012.
Salgud

Posted: Sep 11, 2012
This looked like a nice feature when I first looked at it, but having used it now, it's even better than I thought. I just used the bookmarklet feature - I ordered some special supplies from Staples and another supplier. I used the bookmarklet feature to create tasks with the link to the item in the catalog, something I could have done before manually but simply wouldn't have taken the time. With the bookmarklet, it was a no-brainer, something I'm very good at! :)
powelstock

Posted: Sep 23, 2012
Update: got it to work by first Canceling the sync. This put me into the list view within the pop-up. Then refreshing that view (F5). Not sure at this point whether a data copy is actually be stored inside Chrome....

The add-task functionality works great for me. But when I click View Task, there's a problem. First, I get a pop-up asking me permission ("Can Toodledo permanently store a copy of your data inside this web browser for faster access?"). If I click Yes, I get a new msg: "We have detected that the data stored in this browser is out of sync with the server. We need to reload the page to download a fresh copy. If you click 'Cancel', your data may get out of sync." If I click Yes here, it just throws me back into the "store a copy" permission dialogue, and so on ad infinitum. Ideas? (Chrome 21.0.1180.89)

This message was edited Sep 23, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 24, 2012
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
rcavin

Posted: Sep 26, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Really like the new bookmarklet. Is there any way to have it populate the Task field with the website title the same way it adds the URL to the notes? Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 26, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Dweiner

Posted: Oct 19, 2012
This is such a cool - I am going to be so darn organized. Saves me from typing of doing the 'cut and paste' when I see an opportunity on a web page.
tbyers

Posted: Oct 20, 2012
The bookmarklet does not work for me at all. It prompts me to sign in, but does not accept my credentials (no error, nothing). I can sign in and out of the Toodledo site with no issues. Running Chrome 22.0.1229.94m on Windows 7.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 21, 2012
It is probably an issue with your cookies. You may look into your preferences and make sure that cookies are allowed to be set for 3rd party sites. You may also have a plugin that is interfering with the bookmarklet.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 08, 2012
You can use the bookmarklet on a tablet, but installation is a little tricky because you can't drag and drop links. Depending on what tablet you have, you can do it. Try Googling "install bookmarklet for X" where you put your tablet in the X.
lldanj

Posted: Feb 05, 2013
I have been using Toodledo for a couple of years and this bookmarklet is a wonderful addition! Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.