ForumsNewsiOS app update - 3.0.2

iOS app update - 3.0.2
f_murray

Posted: Feb 25, 2013
Score: 3 Reference
My iPad2 doesn't work at all with the new app. This is the second time the updates have not worked. It seems that more testing is required (and more feedback) prior to releasing the updates to the app.
2kewlgypsy

Score: 0 Reference
My iPhone 5 and iPad 2 work, and I like it! I synced Appigo a couple of months ago, and was using that as apple view, and toodledo.com as my computer view. Just switched back off Appigo to toodledo on my apple devices, thank you for listening and making a continually improved product.
Christoph Dollis

A few commenters have said the app doesn't work for them.

My general impression is the new app is slower and uses more resources. For example, when in the settings section, then clicking "Tasks" at the bottom, it takes longer to open than did the previous version. I also think it may be using more RAM than the prior version.

I hope that version 3.1 will have separate Sort Orders for each View, along with Saved Searches. And maybe more than three icons at the bottom, with the choice to remove Notes ...

Hear, hear.

FOR EXAMPLE, at the bottom, there could at least be the option for "Tasks" and "Hotlist". Clicking Tasks would bring us to whatever Tasks view, with the option to back up by clicking the top-left Tasks button and selecting a view from there. Clicking "Hotlist" would bring us directly there. And when "Saved Searches" is allowed as an option, it should be able to be used as a bottom-bar icon as well, along with "Tasks" and "Hotlist".

In fact, being allowed to choose our preferred 2, 3, or 4 views (depending on whether we've disabled "Notes" as an option, which I surely would) and placing them as one-touch icons at the bottom, would be the cat's meow in terms of usability.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2013.
brent

Score: 1 Reference
I had the crashing problem immediately after upgrading on my iPad mini with the latest iOS. The app would hang for about 15 seconds and then finally crash. I completely removed the app from my iPad and reinstalled it. This did fix the crashing problem but I had to reenter my account info and customizations. In general, the app seems a bit sluggish on the iPad mini especially during rotation and occasionally during launch or switching between settings and task views. I did close all apps and reboot the iPad but the issues still seem to be hanging around.

Everything seems good so far on my iPhone 4s with the latest iOS. Upgrade was smooth.
fcisneros3

Score: 2 Reference
This version is still not ready in my opinion. iPad version crashing 9 out of 10 times. The 1 time where it does work, it takes nearly 25 seconds for tasks to appear. It's basically unusable, which is the same problem (for me) as the last update. iPhone works but is very very very slow. I'm very disappointed, and have been a longtime customer and proponent. Have you tested on users that have hundreds (or even thousands) of tasks, I have a feeling it has something to do with that.
LGS

Everything is so slow! Seems like there are delays whenever you try to type anything or hit any button! Any way to fix this? Frustrating.
Purveyor

For those users who are having problems with crashes, you can take a look at this Help topic:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=80

But, given that the problems are related to the new version, you should probably create a Support Ticket:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Strange, though, that the support ticket process does not ask about your device (iPhone/iPad, which generation, how much memory) and the iOS version that you are using, or about other details like how many tasks you have. But, for some reason, it is interested in the type of desktop browser you are using (even when reporting an iOS issue) and it doesn't tell you how to get the crash report from your device to your computer. I assume it involves syncing your device with your computer through iTunes.

f_murray

Well, the new version of Toodle-do is running properly on my iPhone 4 with 16gb and iOs 6.1.2. Toodle-do will not run at all on my 32Gb iPad 2 with iOs 6.1.2. Either way, I do not like the new look of the version that is running on my iPhone at all. Please post an update of the program that reverts it back to the previous version.

Thanks.
Christoph Dollis

Before upgrading, I had backed up the Toodledo mobile app version 2.x iOS app using iFunBox (which is, incidentally, a great and free iOS file browser for Windows, Mac, and iOS itself -- it doesn't require jailbreaking).

Using iFunBox, I reverted back to 2.x and, yes, it is faster. And yet in some ways I do like the new layout better.

I hope that speed and stability will be improved in 3.0.3.
lukepiasecki76

Score: 4 Reference
Hey guys,

I’ll be completely frank here. I’m quite disappointed, but not surprised, with 3.02 release.

Many folks, myself included, have spent many hours trying to help and provide you with some constructive feedback, after the abysmal 3.0 upgrade.
Today’s release solidified the feeling I had at the time – our responses were brushed off and ignored.
I had a feeling that the ‘canned’ responses to our feedback were provided just to shut us up, and ‘you knew better what the UX should be like’. You weren’t really listening.

Yes, you've fixed some of the no-brainers like font size and contrast ratios, but once again, you've released an update that is a step back, both from an aesthetic perspective and the overall user experience. I struggle to identify how this update will help me to manage my to-do lists more efficiently and effectively. Other than interface changes that seem pointless and counter intuitive, and a bunch of new bugs - I struggle to identify any real functionality improvements.

Reason why I feel you have very little taste in designing a functional app, that is great looking, feels great to use and provides a great overall user experience and other reasons why I feel you have completely ignored user’s comments and feedback:

- It’s now an order of magnitude slower
- Go to last view (when starting) doesn't work. I’m in dates>show next 7 days view, exit the app, re-open, I’m taken to tomorrow’s view. Exactly the same bug as in 3.0
- Information overload and visual clusterf*ck. Oh my… There’s almost no whitespace left with all the data displayed. The list is ugly. It’s difficult to read ‘on the fly’. It’s unpleasant to look at. Again, take a look at Any.DO app. Why not add the ability to show all this extra stuff only after a task is tapped?
- Icons are still around. Look, I’ll be direct – they are stupid and from a users’ perspective solve absolutely nothing. They are redundant, pointless, and ugly.
- Redundancy… I’m in ‘today’s tasks’ view… yet I still see the stupid dates. This, along with 3 useless icons, could have been removed and saved some ‘useless information overload’ In one of my emails, I have provided a very detailed example of a simple approach that would solve this and many other problems. Of course, I received a canned response and doubt anyone has even read it.
- Data fields are still padded with useless information. E.g. duration ‘0hrs 30min’… Why? Why not just ‘30min’? This app needs to be for humanoids, not code debuggers.
- An iconic example of your abysmal design taste is the whole implementation of adding a task… We have a button which seems to be offset for no reason (hey, perhaps this is where a nicely crafted icon could save some screen space?), a ‘quick add’ text label with a bunch of default properties which are not only useless there, but difficult to read and add to the visual clusterf*ck of the lists.
- Another one is the color matching or the lack of, with the bluish bar up at the top and the Toodledo logo (top of the screen in settings) that just looks like an amateur and unprofessional job. It’s overdone and ugly. The gradient baby blue color doesn't fit with anything else on the screen.
- You still have not solved a very common workflow scenario – ability to move a task to ‘later’ or ‘tomorrow’. When I’m in the ‘next 7 days view’ and the tasks are grouped by days, moving today’s task till tomorrow, should be as simple as dragging it under the ‘tomorrow’ group.
- You still haven’t solved the sub-task challenges
- What specific productivity challenges have you solved with 3.x upgrade?

Since you obviously see no benefit in creating a user experience that folks actually want and because mine and others’ feedback has been completely ignored, I've uninstalled your app. One less customer for you to listen to.

Thanks…
duffy1301

Not a huge deal for me, I will manage and get used to it. However I did like the yellow background in the note section. It highlighted the note better. It would be nice to have that option.
Christoph Dollis

Posted by fcisneros3:
This version is still not ready in my opinion. iPad version crashing 9 out of 10 times. The 1 time where it does work, it takes nearly 25 seconds for tasks to appear. It's basically unusable, which is the same problem (for me) as the last update. iPhone works but is very very very slow. I'm very disappointed, and have been a longtime customer and proponent. Have you tested on users that have hundreds (or even thousands) of tasks, I have a feeling it has something to do with that.
I have 277 tasks, and my experience is somewhere in between the speed of version 2.x of the app (which was good) and your experience.

pjlewis

Hi Jake and team

I want to thank you for the new release. Although I haven't used it extensively yet, you have produced a product with the intention of improving your already wonderful tool. I'm sure it will take a bit of getting used to, heaven forbid may have a bug or two, but I look forward to continuing to be productive thanks to Toodledo.

You have handled the passed few weeks with bold dignity - something for which I and many others are grateful. Thank you - keep up the good work.

Phil.
BobZ

It's working for me on iPhone 4, ios 6.1.2. I don't see any performance issues, and the concerns I expressed when 3.0 was released were addressed.

Thanks
fool

Posted: Feb 26, 2013
To whom it may concern,

I am an ipod touch (5th Gen) user of Toodledo since early 2012.

Before that I have been using Informant Pro and Todo (Appigo) for a long time.

The reason for switching from Todo (Appigo) to Toodledo is that your apps supports Notes (free of charge) and is of faster response.

I am disappointed by yesterday's update.
The interface looks good, the font size is OK, but the "SEARCH" function is terribly slow.

I have ~600 tasks (together with some details for each), and it takes ~4 seconds for each keystroke of a single character into the search field. It is unacceptably slow.

In addition, I used to "check all" and then uncheck some TAG. After the update, the "check all" tag function is no longer available. I understand that "check all" means disable tag function, but I still like the old design. Please consider of reverting back to the old logic.

I have just switched back to Todo (Appigo) as a temporary measure pending for your improvement.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2013.
Christoph Dollis

I have ~600 tasks (together with some details for each), and it takes ~4 seconds for each keystroke of a single character into the search field. It is unacceptably slow.
Since the website doesn't search through the task notes, just the task name, and for other reasons, I'd prefer the app just search the task name.

Especially if that would help speed it up.
shelbyp

Jake, I had stayed with 3.0.0 I was never really that concerned with the bugs and font and was very happy with the features, I have updated now to 3.0.2 and things work greater, the look has improved (although this was not critical for me).

I do have one point which is minor.

The subtasks count shows the total subtasks. I really think this should be the total number of subtasks NOT completed since this is typically what we are interested in. It is also important because when we sort using parents and number of subtasks, it in fact uses the total subtasks and not the open subtasks to sort. Typically however tasks with more subtasks will have more "weight".

I have a lot of tasks and work mostly on the Iphone 4Gs, and for me the speed is fines, I haven't noticed any speed problems on this platform.

This is an excellent tool, keep up the good work!
TomB

I second above comments on slowness of Version 3.

I have ~1000 tasks, and with the new release it takes many seconds for each keystroke of a single character into the search field.

Also switching from "All Tasks" to "Hotlist" etc is extremely slow now.

Please get back to the speed of Version 2.
settenano

I like it, but I have found a bug:
on my iphone 5, in the homepage, the accordion "folder" opens showing old folders, that I had deleted long ago. I cannot delete them again, since they are not visible if I open the folder section, not in the app nor in the website
BoginBob

Score: 2 Reference
Initial reaction = OK, but if I had a choice - prefer old look and feel with blues. Cluttered view, grays not my favorite but does not impact usability, prefer 'clean look' of Go Tasks app where they have red font for past due tasks (would like Go Tasks to bold past due tasks to improve visibility), not sure why we need to have folder name visible on task (looking at Hotlist), also when sorting by date and header shows Today or Tomorrow - why do we need Today or Tomorrow in Task view.

Requests - allow tap and drag option to move task to a future date, and ability to use old look and feel before update.

I recognize it is change and change sometimes is difficult - the Team gets an A+ for taking the users comments and revisiting app ... and they can't satisfy everyone
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.