ForumsNewsToodledo Android App

Toodledo Android App
sprouty76

Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Jake:
We are thinking about it, but would still need someone on staff to work on it full time.

Good stuff - I'm not a full time Android dev but would be happy to chip in with the odd bug fix if it were open source. Obviously your call though, and I'm certainly not going to get on your back if you choose not to go down that route.
conivek

Score: 2 Reference
I've been using the acquired app for several months, and it's a worthy official app. And I say that after having used the official iOS app before switching to Android.
nao.nozawa

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by conivek:
I've been using the acquired app for several months, and it's a worthy official app. And I say that after having used the official iOS app before switching to Android.

I've also been using for a little while and think it's fantastic!
coolexplorer

Posted: Feb 04, 2014
Jake, Great start and integration of Tasks & Notes in one App. Feature Request in Android App in order of priority :
1. View by "Start date"
2. Hard input of task into Google Calendar (see Ultimate Todo)
3. Customizable Views (see Ultimate To-Do)
4. The current "Organize" function does nothing (sort or move)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 04, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
sprouty76

Posted: Feb 05, 2014
My only real gripe is that people weren't making enough noise about how good the app was, I could have been happily using it for months!
przemek.komorowski

Posted: Feb 06, 2014
I've got little problem with this app. Maybe someone else had it too.

1) Create task. Set: start date of today, repeat daily from completion date.

After complete, task isn't rescheduled to tomorrow.

2) Create task. Set: start date of today, repeat daily from due date.

After complete, task disappear.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You need to sync the app after you complete it so that the next occurrence will get made.
przemek.komorowski

After sync was the same situation in case number 1.

In case number 2 - it works.

This message was edited Feb 06, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
Markku_Koivisto

Posted: Feb 07, 2014
Hi Toodledo!

Excellent work!

I am Toodledo user and was looking for the next task manager app for my android phone and tablet.

Fortunately I found your new andorid app and it is GREAT!

I continue now with Toodledo since your new android app with your web service is the best offering for task management!

I can tailor make it as I want it to operate. No other
task management app does that as good as yours.

Keep up doing good work since my androids and Win PC with web Toodledo is my production platform for productivity.

Best Regards,
Mark
tsinvest

Posted: Feb 08, 2014
Stumbled upon this yesterday...what a pleasant surprise! I have been vacillating between two other to-do apps which are both very capable. Toodledo however seems like a real contender and I will certainly try it out. One small feature I would like to see added is an alarm indicator in the task list that would show which task have alarms set. This could be a clock icon or a bell icon. I use alarms and can't tell whether I remembered to set an alarm for a task without opening the task itself and then opening the due date and time. Very nice app however!

This message was edited Feb 08, 2014.
rbendett

Posted: Feb 08, 2014
+1 on the alarm icon, would be a big improvement.
Surcy Peoples

Posted: Feb 10, 2014
It seems that everytime the Toodledo app attempts to sync that it crashes on my stock Nexus 5
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
hemantbhai100

how to use lists in this? one of the main function of a to do list is groceries and shopping lists to be used from the mobile phone at location.
Lgraps

Posted: Feb 11, 2014
Ultimate To-Do List has been a great Android app for years, designed to completely integrate with Toodledo. It offers all different sizes of customizable widgets that I find invaluable, plus the regular app itself is great to look at and has been stable and well-developed for a long time.
coolexplorer

Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Ultimate To-Do Android App is great :
1. Syncs beautifully
2. Has all Toodledo Task features/fields and more (Start date/time)
3. Has Customizable Views - a killer feature
4. Tasks/Events immediately appear in Google calendar - great
5. Has persistent Reminders
6. Shows Notes too
UI is good but could be improved to look elegant.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2014.
sfeige

I instantly switched from Ultimate To-Do to the new, official Toodledo app for one reason: The user interface of Ultimate To-Do is so crappy that adding and managing tasks (just take the awfully bad readable calendar you need all the time as an example) is a pain.

However, there's one thing that the current Toodledo app makes worse and which is not listed in the list of improvements for the backup campaign (see https://backer.app.net/toodledo ): If a I get a reminder for a task, I have to 1. access that task, 2. clicking the tiny completed checkbox, 3. confirm the change . Would be better to have reminder view such as Ultimate To-Do: For reminders, provide a page with a big "Completed" button and a button to access the task and edit it.
I am not sure if I will back the campaign, if such an essential improvement is not even listed in any of the goals. Any chance that by backing the campaign more useful stuff like this is done?

Cheers,
Sebastian
Acustk

Glad you are moving forward on the Android platform. As for me, I have been very happy with Ultimate To-Do List. But competition is good -- if the new app can match Ultimate To-Do and also incorporate Outlines and Lists, I will definitely consider trying it out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.