ForumsNewsProgress Report - September 2015

Progress Report - September 2015
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Here is what we worked on in September.

Web
+ Finished and released the new Breadcrumbs bar.
+ Moved some icons from the toolbar to the new breadcrumb bar action menu.
+ Made new icons for the entire site, including new icons for the task, star, and note buttons for each task.
+ Added the ability to upload a profile image to Toodledo for the upper right account button
+ Made the notes section work on smaller screens
+ Fixed a bug with Habits where in rare cases the habit could change types
+ Modified the color pallet of the Tasks section to better match the rest of the website
+ Refined the spacing and position of various things in the task's section and general cleanup of the task's section.
+ Improved the sidebar by showing more characters of text in the titles
+ For beta testers, there is now a quick feedback widget where they can quickly send us a message
+ Fixed a bug where you could not delete an alarm location on the alarm settings page
+ Replaced our logo with a vector image that looks crisp at all sizes on retina (HiDPI) devices
+ Fixed a bug with the date popup inside the bookmarklet where it may have appeared slightly off the screen
+ Fixed a bug where it may have been possible for the Habits section to add a new habit twice
+ Folder names can now have up to 64 characters (previously 32)
+ Upgraded some of the 3rd party frameworks we use in various parts of our website
+ Updated the Lists section so that at mobile sizes the checkbox/star columns where not really wide
+ Started updating Lists to have a better interface for adding/editing columns
+ Moved the filter and sort buttons from the toolbar to the new breadcrumb bar (in beta testing now)
+ Worked around an issue where some corporate users with strict security requirements could not see our new icons when using Internet Explorer 11
+ Added the ability for the website to automatically reload itself when it detects that a new version of the Toodledo software is available.
+ Made good progress on a rewrite and redesign of the Notes section
+ Started work on allowing Habits to occur on a different scheduled than "every day"

Android
+ Testing Lists section with beta testers

iOS
+ Fixed an iOS 9 bug that prevented the Lists, Outlines and Habits sections from functioning properly
+ Fixed an iOS 9 bug that caused the task's note to display incorrectly in some situations.
+ Continued to make progress on a redesign of the task's section
+ Fixes a bug where the Lists and Outlines sections would jump back to the home page after syncing.

(some of the items mentioned above have not been released yet)
pauldherring

Posted: Oct 07, 2015
Hi Jake,

Great progress - thanks for keeping us updated.

Here are a few things I would like to see to make Toodledo even greater...

- Bulk edit for mobile devices
- Higher limit on # of tags that can be used
- Percent complete field for tasks

Be happy to expound on any of these if it would help...

Paul
matt_1392172870

Posted: Oct 26, 2015
I've been using the iOS app for some time, and it's functional but really unwieldy. Mainly I find that adding a task - the bread and butter of the app, one could argue - is a multi-step affair if you want something that doesn't use the defaults (i.e., if you cannot use the "QuickAdd Task" area). Here's what I have to do now:

1. Tap Add Task
2. Tap Edit...
3. Tap "Untitled" (the default task name)
4. Hold the delete key until it's erased and then type the actual task name
5. Tap Done
6. Tap Priority to select desired
7. Tap Folder to select desired
8. Tap "< All Tasks" to go back

You have to admit, that's a serious usability issue, and it's become an issue for me. Am I missing a shortcut of some sort? Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2015
Instead of Steps 3,4 and 5 you can type in the name of the task before step 2. That will be much faster.
matt_1392172870

Posted: Oct 27, 2015
Thanks, Jake. That gets the workflow down to:

1. Tap Add Task
2. Type name
3. Tap Edit...
4. Tap Priority to select desired
5. Tap Folder to select desired
6. Tap "< All Tasks" to go back

That's still too many steps for an essential operation that I do regularly. It seems you've made the UI to support - via quick add - onloy one type of user: Someone who uses only one priority and one folder when adding new items. Would you say that most users work that way? Maybe you're thinking that the productivity workflow is to put all new tasks into a single "Incoming + __ priority" folder?

Is anyone else frustrated by this unnecessarily tedious workflow for adding new tasks? Maybe I'm an outlier, but I'd be shocked if that's true. Thank you.

Posted by Jake:
Instead of Steps 3,4 and 5 you can type in the name of the task before step 2. That will be much faster.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 27, 2015
That is currently the fastest way to create a new task and set the title, priority and folder. We'll explore faster options in the future, but we are limited by screen size, especially when the keyboard is up as this takes up half the screen.
Philip Espinosa

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Just wanted to post a comment and say that the recent changes to the web client are much appreciated and are awesome!

Am looking forward to some similar updates to the iOS app.

Just renewed my Gold membership.

Keep on keeping on...

By the way, I am a big user of Drafts app on iOS.... any additional integration would be great. Also, any improved way to integrate with Trello would also be great.

Thanks
Philip
matt_1392172870

Posted: Oct 29, 2015
Thanks, Jake. You've improved my workflow - it's not too bad now.

Posted by Jake:
That is currently the fastest way to create a new task and set the title, priority and folder. We'll explore faster options in the future, but we are limited by screen size, especially when the keyboard is up as this takes up half the screen.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.