ForumsNewsiPhone app 1.5.1: Instant sync and bug fixes

iPhone app 1.5.1: Instant sync and bug fixes
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Apple has just approved our next iPhone app update. This has some bug fixes and some added functionality.

1) Added an option to sync any edits that you make instantly to Toodeldo.com.
2) Added in-app documentation for remote notifications.
3) Fixed bug where the keyboard would obscure where you were typing in a long note.
4) Fixed bug where the app would freeze for 1 second after you launch it.
5) After a sync, the list you are on will now update if there are changes.
J

Posted by Toodledo:
Apple has just approved our next iPhone app update. This has some bug fixes and some added functionality.

1) Added an option to sync any edits that you make instantly to Toodeldo.com.
5) After a sync, the list you are on will now update if there are changes.

Thanks - these really make a difference, at least for me, in terms of ease-of-use and intuitiveness.
Claudio

"1) Added an option to sync any edits that you make instantly to Toodeldo.com."

This is an important enhancement for anyone who sets or modifies reminders on the iPhone app. Apple doesn't allow third-party iPhone apps to operate in the background so if you set a reminder in the Toodledo iPhone app and then exit Toodledo without syncing you won't get a reminder unless it has been synced with the server. (This would still be the case even if you didn't exit Toodledo -- the reminders don't come from the iPhone app but instead are "pushed" to the iPhone from the Toodledo server.)

Having an instant sync means that you'll get the reminder.

BTW, how about using a more descriptive title for this thread? For example: iPhone app 1.5.1: Instant sync and bug fixes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am bad a subjects. Thanks for the suggestion.
cyounkins

Is anyone using this new version successfully on OS 2.2.1? I'm on an iTouch, and for me, all it does is crash when trying to launch. I'll try re-installing.

:-( I'm excited about instant sync. I might as well shell out for OS 3.0 so I can get copy and paste...
Anders

The new version requires iPhone/iPod OS 3.0. The last version did too I believe.
I have an iPod as well, and though I was not happy that Apple wanted us to pay for 3.0, it is totally worth the 10 bucks for copy&paste alone.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2009.
BLockyear

I'm finding the latest update, 1.5.1 (downloaded yesterday, 7/13/09, IPhone 3G OS 3.0) is getting into a mode where it crashes whenever I attempt to add a new task. Possible problem with sync'ing? (Sync on edit is on) Also found that it hung weirdly in the "all tasks" view, showing only a few of the tasks regardless of what I added, sync'd or filtered. After restarting the app it restored the view...

Any ideas or other folk experiencing problems?

- Brian -

This message was edited Jul 14, 2009.
Anders

I don't know why you are having those issues, but are you trying to add new tasks while sync on start is occurring? The auto-sync should not be related since it takes place after you add the task, edit its details, and back out of the task details page. As for the problem with your task list not displaying everything, what Sort are you using? I know there were some reports of a similar issue with some of the new combined sorts.
Rob

I had the crashing problem when I first installed this version as part of the beta test. Rebooting my phone solved the problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have finally identified what is causing the crash for some people when adding a new task and we have fixed it and will submit it to Apple in the next few days (after a little more testing).

This happens when the iPhone is running out of memory and sends a signal to Toodledo saying "Don't use so much memory", which we comply with by unloading certain parts of our app. Stupidly, we were unloading the "Add Task" screen, which would cause a crash if that screen was open. Whoops! It will be fixed in the next update which will be submitted to Apple shortly.

In the meantime, rebooting the iPhone will work since it gets rid off all the junk that is stored in memory from all the other apps on the iPhone.
BLockyear

Thanks! as a programmer, I understand that bugs happen :^)

- Brian -
cranec

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
I downloaded the latest update to my iTouch. When I click to open the application all I get is a blank screen. Is there any fix for this? I noticed that others were having the same problem. I'm totally lost without my to-do list. Is there anyway to recover my list if I reinstall?
Anders

If you have synced to the website, and your tasks are there, then you can reinstall, and get your tasks back easily. Also (I mention this since you use an iPod), you must have OS 3.0 to run the latest version of the app.
cranec

Unfortunately I did not sync to the website. I didn't even know that was an option. I do now have a free subscription to the website, but after looking at the import/export options on the site, I'm confused. If after getting my app up and running again, how do I sync to the website?
Anders

In the iPhone app, go to Settings->Synchronization->Enter Account Login. Then enter your Toodledo login email and password, and you will be set. Unfortunately, if you delete and reinstall the app, any data that was only saved on the app will be lost. You might try rebooting your device first if you have not tried that yet.
cranec

Thanks for your help!

I will try updating my OS first and see if the app will work. If not, I'll go through the grueling task of rebuilding my to-do lists.
marceloc

The notification option isnĀ“t working on my iPhone
Garfield

I've noticed that the Toodledo iPhone app is a little laggy on scrolling. It seems to have some redraw issues and is very "janky" when going up and down among fields.

Will this be improved over time? Is anyone else getting similar symptoms?

Also - are alarms that are going to be "At Due Time" planned? Even if it's +/- 5 minutes (due to lag of Push server or that is the minimum time allowed) then that's fine, but planning my due times for the 15 minutes alarm is getting a little annoying.

I believe for the "Add/Read Note" edit issue people are talking about - it should work as if it's the "Add Note" button showing then there should be no step of "Add Note -> Edit" to bring up the keyboard. Tapping "Add Note" should straight bring up the keyboard on a note space. "Read Note" should work as is, however.

My only other issue is how subtasks are created / organized on the app. It's a little cumbersome with how many taps there are and how Subtasks are viewed. If they could be slightly indented 1-2 spaces from the left then it would greatly improve things.

Those are my only gripes at the moment, hope some of those changes are planned!
Anders

marceloc, make sure your time zone setting on Toodledo matches you iPhone setting, and check that you have done what is explained here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
MWillcox

I seem to be having a problem. As I mark a recurring task complete, the app is not creating the next instance of the task. Is anyone else experiencing this?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.