ForumsNewsNew Tasks section can be the default now

New Tasks section can be the default now
Xxx_2

Posted: Oct 29, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
Hi Jake, I would like to know if there is any forecast yet this year for a new version of Toodledo iOS ... I am a user for many years of this excellent app (the main one app I use daily). I followed his evolution all the time, but I noticed that since April the app is no longer updated ... thanks and keep up the great work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
It is definitely on our todo list.
Osaga

Posted: Nov 03, 2017
Thanks for listening and making this change. Really appreciate it.
joe_1310147921

Posted: Nov 08, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I would love to use the new Task section - I enjoy the layout. But it is SO SLOW that I gave up. This is now the second time that I have attempted to switch, only to go back to the original. If you can solve this problem, let us know!
Olivir 2017

Posted: Nov 09, 2017
I was wondering, what is slow for you? Are you constantly switching views?

Posted by joe_1310147921:
I would love to use the new Task section - I enjoy the layout. But it is SO SLOW that I gave up. This is now the second time that I have attempted to switch, only to go back to the original. If you can solve this problem, let us know!

This message was edited Nov 09, 2017.
Adrien Beau

Posted: Nov 20, 2017
It might also be useful to know what machine is used, and what browser. It is likely that old CPUs and old browsers have trouble running the new task section with good speed, while recent machines and browsers are just fine.
jlquinn_2

Posted: Nov 30, 2017
I've switched to the new view and like it. I do have a request. I am using arrows and tab to navigate to the folder field for a task that doesn't have one. I can hit enter and type in to search for a folder. Very nice so far.

If I type in a folder that doesn't exist, I would like to have the UI offer to create the new folder and add the task to that folder.

Please consider adding this feature, and thanks for all the good work so far!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 30, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
wolfgang.gabel

Posted: Dec 01, 2017
First of all - thank you for your awesome work!!!

I use the folder feature a lot and want to create new folders "on the fly". As posted by jlquinn_2:

If I type in a folder that doesn't exist, I would like to have the UI offer to create the new folder and add the task to that folder.
Please consider adding this feature, and thanks for all the good work so far!

I second that!

I will stick with the old layout for now because of this feature. Where would I get the information first if this feature has been added to the new layout?
Greg Rogers

Posted: Jan 05, 2018
I'm enjoying the new priority colors but miss having the actual Task name in variation of bold colors by priority. Makes seeing priorities a bit more difficult compared to the old UI.
coachmac

Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Hello. I missed something. Does the beta version will go forever? I keep using both version at the same time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It would be better to pick one and stick with it instead of switching back and forth. Toodledo can become a little confused if you use both simultaneously.
coachmac

The thing is some functionalities are better with one or the other. Tagging is better with the beta. Moving subtasks is better with the original for long list of subtasks. :-/

This message was edited Jan 11, 2018.
Tech Crone

Posted: Feb 21, 2018
I love the new task layout but can't use it because every few seconds it notifies me that it can't sync -- and then a half second after that, it tells me that it has synced in the background. Not only is this annoying but it's hard to keep track of whether my most recent changes have or have not synced.

As it happens, I'm in the process of switching from Remember the Milk to Toodledo, so I often have both websites open in my browser. I am not having this problem with Remember the Milk, so I don't think it's my browser or Internet connection that's at fault here. I can only hope that you will soon get this to the point where it will work offline. But in the meantime, please keep the old task view available!
SteveMale

Posted: Feb 27, 2018
I too like the new task view, great improvement, but even though I have set it as the default in settings every time I open Toodeldo it opens in the old task view so I have to manually switch.

What am I doing wrong here?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You are probably clicking on a bookmark to get to Toodledo and that bookmark is an old bookmark to the old task view. Try creating a new bookmark from within the new tasks section.
Mark R_2

Looks like when viewing someone else's workspace it goes back to the old view.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes. The new site doesnt do workspaces yet. This is a work in progress.
sergey.ditev

Posted: Mar 02, 2018
Hi,

after switching to new task layout today I noticed that number of active tasks grew from around 100 to 147. It looks like some older completed tasks reappeared as active with due date in the past/no due date. Please take a look. Thanks.

This message was edited Mar 02, 2018.
kday

Posted: Apr 29, 2018
Hi there

I'd really like to be able to see only the high importance tasks in my Hotlist

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to filter (say, importance >8) or save my divider collapses

So instead, each time I want to do it, I have to click dividers closed and then open each one I want to view - and then redo it each time I switch back to Hotlist view

Any chance you could implement this, if it's not already available...?

Thanks!
Kevin
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.