Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Flickering problem now resolved with new update - thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Thanks.

I'm going to lock this topic since there is a newer one to discuss the newer update.
pcastonguay

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
I thought this would be the best place for my question. I have a 1st gen iTouch which I canot update to the latest iPhone OS 3.0

How can I get the previous version of the todo iThouch app. If I try to download, it tells me my OS is not compatible...

Thanks a bunch
Pat
Anders

There is no way to download the old version of the Toodledo app that was compatible with OS 2.21. Apple only allows one version to be available at a time. However, I also have a first gen iPod Touch, and I am using OS 3.0 just fine. It is available for all iPods, but Apple is charging for iPods to be updated unlike iPhones which got the update for free. Here is more info: http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/softwareupdate.html
Pieterv062002

I would like to get popup + sound reminders on my Iphone when a task from Toodledo becomes due, without having to check tasks by entering Toodledo on the Iphone (just like I get a reminder pop up + sound for meetings on the Iphone).
Is this now active in the new version, or coming with a later release ? Would be very helpful, for example when I have to call s.o. at a specific time, or else.
Thanks, Pierre

This message was edited Aug 12, 2009.
Anders

Yes, Push notification is in there. See this help topic for setup instructions: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
Feathers

Posted: Aug 13, 2009
Posted by Anders:
Yes, Push notification is in there. See this help topic for setup instructions: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85

Does anyone know if Push is still working? I've had no badge number updates pushed through today despite two being due.

The first was a pre-synchronised task becoming a Hotlist item this morning (UK time). It was in the Hotlist but not on the badge when I looked.

The second, as a test, I created a new Top priority task online 4.5 hours ago but still have no indication of it on the phone badge number.

In the past the number has been updated even though the tasks themselves haven't yet been synched with the phone.

(and no, I haven't changed my settings since it last worked!)
Anders

It has been working fine for me. Toodledo's server switch last night may have caused some delays, and I haven't really checked today, but I will. The badge doesn't necessarily update every time there is a change, but it should update every four hours or so, and also whenever you receive a push reminder.
If you open the app, and close it again, does the badge number show what you expect then?
You are correct that you do not need to sync new tasks to the iPhone app to receive notifications and badge updates. You only need to sync if you create a task in the app since the Push stuff all comes down from the servers.
Feathers

Yes, opening/closing works fine and everything updates as it should under those circumstances.

It's been five hours or so since I created my test task on the server and still no badge update (I have nothing set to remind me at the moment so I've got no other push notifications due).

I think I'll sync everything so I get the badge number updated then complete the task on the server and see if the badge is dropped by one again.
Feathers

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
A quick update: Reminders are working and badge numbers are updated along with them. On the off chance that that little test has unblocked something, I'm trying a simple badge numbering update test again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We ran some tests yesterday and I confirmed that it was working as it was supposed to, but please let us know the results of our independent test.
Feathers

Success!

Just for completeness I thought I'd better report back. On checking after four and a half hours I found my badge correctly updated. I don't know what was going on earlier but it seems to be back on track now.
egerter

Posted: Aug 15, 2009
Bug:
I have hundreds of items in Toodledo now. When I edit five or six tasks in iPhone 1.5.3, one after another to change the due date, when I return to the All Tasks screen, most of the tasks are invisible except for a handful. The list is scrollable, just completely blank except for those few that didn't disappear. It doesn't seem to occur if I have to scroll the main list between edits. There is also a weird screen flashing just before the issue occurs. I can get into other views like Hotlist or Starred, but All Tasks is hosed up until I exit and reenter the app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 15, 2009
Thanks for the bug report. We'll get this fixed in the next version.

There is a more recently created topic for our newest update to the iPhone, so I am going to lock this topic.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.