ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
aaron.c.salls

Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Score: -9 Reference
Hey everyone,

Aaron here, CEO of Toodledo. I come with two new and exciting announcements.

Please give them a read and ping me with your thoughts.

Ok, let’s get to it...

FEATURE ROADMAPS
Starting 11/1, we’ll make our 6-month roadmap plans public.

I made this decision after speaking with dozens of our Gold members on the phone, reading hundreds of email replies to my last email, and looking over the forum activity.

Sharing the roadmap will give you all a peek into what’s coming up as well as the ability to give feedback before we launch/build new features. You can also sign up to get beta access here.

The detailed roadmap and timeline is coming soon. But, to give you a peak, it will include:

-- Easier task input and access: We’re prioritizing getting mobile apps, voice input, smartwatch apps, calendar integrations, and task sharing so that you never fall behind on your to-do list, no matter where you go
-- Better usability for managing tasks: Starting with batch edit or to drag-and-drop within a view to get the order you want. Also, Toodledo should do more heavy lifting to reduce redundant tasks like moving overdue tasks from yesterday or helping you identify and prune prune long overdue tasks
-- More customizable features: Toodledo shines for folks who prefer to have complete control over their tools. This includes things like linking subtasks to due dates, custom names for fields, added sort functionality, editable completion dates

This quarter, we will launch new native mobile apps, Google Calendar and iCal 2-way sync, smarter bulk editing of overdue tasks, improved payments, and much more.

You can find the full roadmap on our blog and forum. This will be live next week.

NEW PRICING PLANS
On January 1st, we are releasing new plans. Based on your feedback, we’re adding a new Standard tier and re-branding the Individual tier as Plus.

A few comments to clarify:
-- Full Task History: Task history is something we've heard about from a lot of users. Folks prefer to keep full task history searchable from one interface. So the Plus Plan will now have full history.
-- Notes / Lists / Outlines / Habits: We are refocusing on the core of what makes Toodledo great: task management. We don't intend to be everything to everybody. So, we are hitting pause on developmenting these features. If you use these tools, you will still be able to use them in the Free and Premium plans.
-- Task Notes: Text notes will remain a part of the free plan, attachments and rich media (e.g. images) will be a premium feature

Any other questions?
I’ve tried to cover as much ground as I could. If there’s something you didn’t see or if you have feedback, you can reach me at [email protected] or call me directly at 703-628-3068 (PDT, in case you reach voicemail).

Thanks always,
Aaron

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
MM1772

Score: 11 Reference
Thanks for working with us (existing users) on this, Aaron.

The only thing that Standard is missing is a longer task history. One week is very limited. If it was even 6 months, that might be enough that I could work around it. For example, I can't remember if I wrote a proposal for a writing project. Sure, I could go and look for the project on Microsoft Office OneDrive, but by having it as a completed task, I could write notes about the task before I check it complete, which would be very useful. I could work around it by using Notes or even Microsoft OneNote. Hmmm. Not sure on this one. Interested in what others would do.
J.O.D.

Score: 5 Reference
I suppose, there will be some discussion about Standard history and e-mail to task, but as I intend to go the Plus road anyway, I feel very, very excited for my productivity future with Toodledo:-) And by the way, thank you Aaron and the team for actually listening to users. (To listen does not mean to accept, but even then it is what makes difference to me).
Ummagumma

Score: -1 Reference
This looks better. I don’t care about task history (I use Onenote for this), and could give up file attachments (they don’t work with mobile app anyway). About the only thing I’d be missing if I remained on Standard plan is the ability to email tasks to Toodledo, which *is* an important enabler - but not important enough to spend an additional $24 per year on.

I have moved out of the service and re-established my task system around Outlook and GoodTask, but I will keep an eye on Toodledo (I am prepaid for a year). Right now, the way it stands, there’s simply no value add for me to switch back - feature wise, I’d lose more than I’d gain. But an excellent full featured mobile client may change this...
boydston01

Score: 15 Reference
Posted by MM1772:
The only thing that Standard is missing is a longer task history. One week is very limited. If it was even 6 months, that might be enough that I could work around it.

Yeah, one week makes total sense for the free plan but the standard plan should get a year.

boydston01

Score: 5 Reference
Well, this is still a 100% price increase (Gold to Plus). But I do think the plans look better (except for the 1-week history on standard). I would sure hope to get things like really good native apps for Mac and Windows (mobile apps are assumed).
dmos01

Score: 8 Reference
I really hope the one week history for Standard is a mistake and is meant to be one year. Whilst being a 2x price increase, it is bearable for me as not a lot more expensive than Todoist and cheaper than Remember the Milk. It depends on how quickly the mobile apps can be improved.

Joyce

Score: 3 Reference
This looks much better. While I don't use task history I can see where people want a more robust one. The exciting feature I see is that the free and standard versions allows for a single collaborator which means I could link my husband's account with mine, this is nifty because he's not someone who needs the full features but linking to my account would potentially be a big plus!!

I look forward to seeing Toodledo develop more over the next few years and I thank you for listening to us!

Joyce
MM1772

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Ummagumma:
I don’t care about task history (I use Onenote for this)

Can you give me a short description of how you use OneNote for that? Maybe it's something I could try for the tasks I actually save.
Nathan_1382579960

Score: 4 Reference
Posted by boydston01:
Posted by MM1772:
The only thing that Standard is missing is a longer task history. One week is very limited. If it was even 6 months, that might be enough that I could work around it.

Yeah, one week makes total sense for the free plan but the standard plan should get a year.

100% Agree
hidenari

Score: 1 Reference
What are custom and scheduler for alarms?
Kat_2

Score: 9 Reference
I’ve been a long-time user of the silver Toodledo plan which used to cost me something like $15 every two years or so. I thought that was okay. Now, even the standard plan is $2.99 a month, which is nearly $36 a YEAR.

I even mentioned it to my husband, and he gave me a shocked look. It’s a crazy price. The more advanced plans are even more ludicrous.

Aaron’s email with the new prices corresponded with an offer arriving to upgrade 2Do - which syncs with Toodledo and which I had been using for the Apple Watch integration - to pro for a one-time fee of £9.99 (about $13). It’s not quite as powerful as Toodledo, and I shall be sad to say goodbye in January, but I’m afraid it’s a no-brainer.

Sorry but $36 a year for a to-do app is just silly. Anyone paying that has too much money.

Scott Florack

Score: 12 Reference
While the new prices are better that what was previously announced, Toodledo is still asking for more money while providing less value (features), with only the promise of a better tomorrow.

More specifically, I currently pay $20/year. (Which used to be $15/year two years ago.) Toodledo wants me to pay $36/year -- a 55% increase -- to lose the ability to email a task, go from 5 to 1 collaborators, lose the scheduler feature, and go from a two year history to a one week history. Why would that sound like a good deal?

I understand development cost money, but considering your competition already has a decent mobile too (and many of the things Aaron mentions on the roadmap)l, why would it make any sense to invest in your future when I can have it now from your competition?

boydston01

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Joyce:
The exciting feature I see is that the free and standard versions allows for a single collaborator which means I could link my husband's account with mine, this is nifty because he's not someone who needs the full features but linking to my account would potentially be a big plus!!

You'll need to confirm that because 1 collaborator might mean 1 user. That is how I understood it.
smatics

Score: 6 Reference
Not to rain on your parade, Aaron, but you have effectively eliminated the Silver plan, renamed and increased the Gold plan's price by a fair margin, and introduced a "cheap" plan (that is actually $16 more than the previous Silver plan) that will likely not work for too many people. One week of history seems an odd differentiator as I am sure it costs basically nothing to keep this data available for longer spans of time. (Maybe this is supposed to be "1 Year"?)

The market reality is that competitors offer plans that are $7 less than your "Standard" plan but have the majority of the features and then some of the "Plus" plan, plus excellent mobile apps today.

This arrangement "may" look better to previous Gold subscribers - you mentioned that you spoke to some of them on the phone, so I assume that this is where you see the sweet spot for customer retention. It's an interesting strategy for sure, and I hope it works out.
OlafR

Score: 7 Reference
For me as a current Silver subscriber the price increase for the Standard plan is to steep with less features than Silver had.

Therefore,I will end my Toodledo subscription, sorry.

Joyce

Score: 1 Reference
I have a proposal on the task history issue. Give Standard a one year look back, because it should get better than one week because that same amount of money used to buy a gold plan with full lookback. Give Plus a 5 year look back and Business the full lookback. Plus gets a 5 year lookback because if a small business CFO were to get an audit notice a 5 year lookback would help that CFO retrace steps for most years an audit could cover.

One would hope that a CFO would have extremely good records and copies of all returns. However, sometimes a breadcrumb detail will jog a memory and allow better preparation for said audit.

Now I don't know what server costs are for such things...but I can't imagine that this is that expensive.
gotwingo

Score: 7 Reference
I am a gold subscription user and that price was the maximum what I am able to pay a todo list application. I think this is the end of using Toodledo for me after expiring my current plan.

There is no chance to keep current functions for current price in the new pricing plan. I should pay 2x money for less functions. I do not understand, why? It would be much more fair to pay more in case of I would use more or new functions.

I am sorry, I have to say goodbye to Toodledo after my current subscription expired.
mjbernstein

Score: -2 Reference
I am liking the approach and the plan.

Looking forward to seeing the result.
frogboy

Score: 3 Reference
Standard needs to have:

- full history or at least a 10 year history
- emailing in of tasks

as an absolute minimum to make Toodledo sustainable and competitive into the future.

I would also suggest, allow linking of files by one cloud provider, say dropbox (in the same way RTM does) - the higher tiers allowing more cloud providers and internal storage.

We should also maintain the ability to link to our legacy Toodledo notes, outlines, lists.

Free should have emailing in as well imho.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.