ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
PersKurt2015

Posted: May 22, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Have used Toodledo forever (over 10 years) for a fairly complex list of projects and todos. We have grown together and I developed my own way of doing things based on various disciplines - GTD and others. I always found a way to make things work. Because I loved the platform so much, I paid for three Gold subscriptions just to help the company (Jake was always great), even though I only really used one. The other two were parking spaces populated by exporting my main account and importing it into the others.

So now, my workday is actually getting less complex, and the old tried and true features of Toodledo still do most of what I need. I will let my extra paid subscriptions lapse and drop down to the free subscription level. At some point, I will export my main subscription and then upload it into one of my free accounts and experiment. If I can get by with the free version, I will let my main subscription drop down to the free level, too. If not, I may go into the standard subscription and pay the $36 per year, which I can easily afford.

At the end of the day, I will be paying less to Toodledo than before. So their big price increases will have backfired on them. If the company survives (and there's no certainly about that), I will probably stay with them, at least at the free level.

I am not really in the mood to go out and explore any new options right now, but will do that if the company shuts down. The export feature is great, and I do backups frequently. So if the company does shut down, I think I will be able to import my backup files into a new platform...

This message was edited May 22, 2019.
PersKurt2015

Posted: May 22, 2019
... Speaking of exporting/importing to other apps, does anyone have any experience with exporting ToodleDo files (XML or csv) and then importing them to other platforms? Which platform is best at accepting ToodleDo files and then enabling most of the same functionality of ToodleDo? I would like to have a contingency plan in place, in case Toodledo folds, eliminates the free version, or becomes unusable for some reason.

I backup my files frequently, and a last ditch contingency is to open the files in Excel and access them there. But... that's an emergency measure only and not very easy or functional. I should have a second source in place in case the worst happens...
jogo2

Posted: May 23, 2019
In my experience, Remember The Milk does a good job of importing the XML backup file from Toodledo.

BUT, the reason I haven't already switched to RTM is the handling of repeating tasks with start dates. I only use due dates to indicate a firm completion deadline (which many tasks don't have), while every task has a start date to indicate when I want it to start appearing on my custom lists. RTMs logic for creating the new task upon completion doesn't support this scheme. Instead, it adds a due date to the new task if there wasn't one previously, and doesn't advance the previous start date.

It appears that Toodledo is fairly unique in it's ability to handle start dates the way I use them. So I'm staying for now, with my fingers crossed...

Cheers,
- John

This message was edited May 23, 2019.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted: May 28, 2019
Score: 3 Reference
I wouldn't be so concerned by the price increase if I saw more evidence of active development.

I have Toodledo set up just right for my GTD-based task management system.

I also like the Habits functionality.

But I don't use notes, am using it solo, almost never use outlines, and while I do use lists, I could made do with task-lists for list rather than a separate list mode. So I feel like I'm paying a lot more just for unlimited habits.

Also, development on third-party integrations seems to be lapsing. I would like to see better integration with virtual assistant technology (e.g. Siri, Alexa).

Finally, the iPhone app is rather clunky.

Yet, I've not found an ideal replacement yet.

In the past I've used project-management and collaboration tools like Wrike, Monday.com, and Trello. But all are more expensive for team functionality that I don't need.

Notion.so is one to watch...a customer is using it on project I'm working on with them. I could possible replace both Toodledo and Evernote, having my notes and task management in one place for a lot less money. Not really thrilled with the GUI for basic task management. I'll have to see if it grows on me.

Toodledo still manages to fit this very specific niche for a personal task management application. It would be such an easy decision to stay with it if I could see active development to back up the price increase.
jsmail63-reg

Posted: May 29, 2019
Score: 4 Reference
Is Toodledo pretty much dead at this point? It's hard to fathom there have been no responses from the new owners to nearly 20 pages of comments and complaints about the new pricing.

I've relied on Toodledo for 8+ years and at one time Jake told me that I had the largest number of tasks in the database, so used Toodledo extensively. Sad to see what seems to be happening to it, and am getting the impression the new owners bought it to get the install base, are effectively abandoning it, and just going to take what's left of the subscription base. Would love to be shown or proven that I'm wrong, but that's the clear impression with the total lack of communication.

I spent a full day recently (am now retired so had the time) checking out alternatives and have pretty much settled on ToDoIst. Toodledo still has some unique features I prefer, but ToDoIst is usable - and at least has a modern, fully functioning mobile app which for me is far more important than any 'nice to haves' that Toodledo uniquely has.

Would be nice to see some updates from the new owners..I really didn't WANT to leave Toodledo after relying on it for so many years - but Toodledo seems to effectively be leaving many of us.
Jim Ogle_2

I got a new iPhone yesterday. It is a XR. Almost immediately, I noticed the message when I clicked on Toodledoo "Unable To install "Toodledo" The app is no longer available in the App Store."

Hear that sound. It is my blood pressure going up, up, and up!

I have really appreciated the quality of Toodledoo over the years. i felt I got a fair return for my payment to the Premium plan. Since I work at a not-for-profit, they have even better pricing for us.

Yet, now, it appears I am dead on my iPhone. I need the App to work. It doesn't work well to login with Safari or another mobile web browser.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

i wrote customer support last night. No response yet.

Jim
MNBLOCKHEAD

Score: 1 Reference
Jim, you can still get Toodledo on your iPhone if you get the beta version. You have to first install "Test Flight" and then Toodledo.

Full instructions here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/YV3Mvh12

It's annoying to have to jump over these hoops and I normally avoid beta products, but at least Toodledo beta seems stable. I've had no issues with it.

The "Roadmap" and "Features Request" page gives me hope (https://roadmap.toodledo.com/), and the company is still posting monthly blog posts. If they stick to a schedule, they should have their next blog post up in a week or so.

While I know that many software companies are moving away from forums, if you are going to have one, you should participate.

The new owners are eroding much of Toodledo's goodwill, which it earned from its customers over many years of excellent customer service and engagement. It's goodwill is a major part of the company's value given the large number of competitors.
Jim Ogle_2

I really appreciate the suggestion. I only used TestFlight once before. How do I get the invitation for Toodeldoo?

Jim
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted: May 30, 2019
Looks like the regular app is available again in the App store, so you may not want to bother with the Beta. But to request a beta invite, create a Support Ticket here:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Tell them your AppleID email address.
Larry2

Posted: May 30, 2019
Interesting it's back but it seems to be the old version. Last version update 2 years ago. I wonder why it disappeared for awhile.
aleding

Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Just checking in after being gone for a while and WOW...very sad to see my and many other's feedback --- especially re: pricing --- was just basically round filed.

After just 8 months at the helm, it looks like the new owners doubled the price while not evolving the app very much at all. I recall that back in Oct when we users threw a Defo-fit re: the $$$ increase, the reasoning was that they needed $$$ to fund going forward development...seems that was either outright fiction or just wishful thinking --- perhaps a bit of both.

I base what I say on the plethora of "...bye-bye TD..." comments I see in this thread...If I have it wrong, please feel free to correct me...otherwise it's just very very sad...
cornfuzeled

Posted: Jul 15, 2019
I'll also be leaving... found a competitor with competitor with comparable functionality, strong track record of delivering on their roadmap/commitments the last year and at a much more reasonable price.
jzamoras

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by cornfuzeled:
I'll also be leaving... found a competitor with competitor with comparable functionality, strong track record of delivering on their roadmap/commitments the last year and at a much more reasonable price.

which one?
jimk222

Score: 5 Reference
It would be nice for a "June Update" on the Blog within the month of July, given there were fairly regular updates each month for a little while. The last update is "May Update".
mbrumbaugh

Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Hello? HELLO? HELLLOOOOOO??????????
davidfitzgerald10

Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Quick Question: and I apologize if this has been answered earlier here: are there any plans to allow the file upload feature to be attached to Notes?

Currently files can be uploaded to To Do's but it would be great if they could also be attached to Notes as many items might not be associated directly with a To Do but be kept for reference - e.g. resumes, reports, recipes etc.

Many Thanks in advance.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Jul 30, 2019
Posted by mbrumbaugh:
Hello? HELLO? HELLLOOOOOO??????????

You're funny...

Sadly, I don't think you're trying to be.
Sylanel

Posted: Aug 15, 2019
Is Toodledo still actively supported and in good shape? There seems to be a lack of communication that unfortunately gives the impression that it is being abandonned. The current user base as well as potential new customers will need to know and see that Toodledo is being kept alive and will keep evolving.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Aug 15, 2019
It's both alive and dead. Of course, we can read about "active development", "future roadmap" and "planned releases" here and there but let's face it - zombies can walk as well :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.