ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
jeff_1364641852

Posted: Aug 16, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Looks like the newly hired CEO Aaron has already left the company. Can't be a good sign...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronsalls/
Larry2

Posted: Aug 16, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
I can't access Linkdin without an account. Does it say he's left Toodledo?
oletros

Posted: Aug 17, 2019
Posted by Larry2:
I can't access Linkdin without an account. Does it say he's left Toodledo?

CEO
Company NameToodledo
Dates EmployedSep 2018 – Jun 2019
Employment Duration10 mos
LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

And Anant is the interim CEO, doesn't look good for the company those movements

Interim CEO
Dates EmployedJun 2019 – Present
Employment Duration3 mos
LocationOakland, CA

This message was edited Aug 17, 2019.
jimk222

Posted: Aug 19, 2019
Wow! LinkedIn good find! Not good though for ToodleDo or us users. No wonder the updates ceased to exist with the exception of the recent mention of a new Beta forthcoming from Anant in the last week or so.
jzamoras

why dont just sell it back to Jake? at discount of course
M

I'm wondering if Jake knows -- this may be a violation of some agreement in the sale (complete abandonment of current customer base) ??
jzamoras

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakeolefsky/

http://www.jakeo.com/contact.php

This message was edited Aug 19, 2019.
guardprivy-1

Score: 3 Reference
I've just sent an email to Jake asking if there is anything he can do to prevent Toodledo from being abandoned.
mjbernstein

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by dotparker:
I've just sent an email to Jake asking if there is anything he can do to prevent Toodledo from being abandoned.

Please keep us up to date on any response.

Marc
Purveyor

Posted: Aug 20, 2019
For those who think that Toodledo is dying, web traffic has increased in the past 90 days:
Alexa traffic stats.

Well, perhaps it's all the users jumping ship and they're exporting their tasks ...
Or it could be that advertising is driving new users to the website.
We don't know how successful Toodledo is now compared to when Jake ran the show.

BTW, am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the "Last Post" for all active topics listed in the News Forum is "by Toodledo"?

This message was edited Aug 21, 2019.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Aug 21, 2019
Posted by Purveyor:

BTW, am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the "Last Post" for all active topics listed in the News Forum is "by Toodledo"?

I noticed that but it looks to me as some bug, it is showed like this for News section since months, I wrote about it somewhere here on the forum, but of course with no reaction from TD team.

Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted by Purveyor:
For those who think that Toodledo is dying, web traffic has increased in the past 90 days:
Alexa traffic stats.

Well, perhaps it's all the users jumping ship and they're exporting their tasks ...

Also, unfortunately, there's no way to differentiate the breakdown between traffic from free users vs paying users. Only the latter would contribute to the bottom line of keeping toodle afloat.

-----------

That's great that Jake was pinged. I tried to do that last week but don't have a premium account on LinkedIn so messaging him was blocked. Add me to the list of people who would love to hear if he comes back with anything.
guardprivy-1

Score: 2 Reference
I have yet to hear back from Jake.
Purveyor

Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben:
Also, unfortunately, there's no way to differentiate the breakdown between traffic from free users vs paying users. Only the latter would contribute to the bottom line of keeping toodle afloat.
No way to know for sure but increased traffic is a good thing.
Take a look at Harvard Business Review: Making "Freemium" Work.

oletros

Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben:
No way to know for sure but increased traffic is a good thing.
Take a look at Harvard Business Review: Making "Freemium" Work.

Sure, making 3 times more expensive the app have helped to have more customers.
Duo

Posted by Purveyor:
Alexa traffic stats.

Or it could be that advertising is driving new users to the website.
We don't know how successful Toodledo is now compared to when Jake ran the show.

You're right. It has increased in the last 90 days - I seem to remember that they did hire a marketing person to drive traffic here.

That doesn't mean there are any or many conversions, especially since they removed links to the pricing for those who have not signed up.

Also, according to Jake's web page the site was ranked in the top 10,000 (at some point) but when I looked at Alexa yesterday it was in the top 18,000. It would be good to see more than 90 days worth of Alex data.

Posted by Purveyor:

No. It bothers me too.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2019.
Scott Florack

The whole business model is quite humorous. They alienated their longtime customers by tripling the yearly fee, and now they're selling a lifetime subscription at the Plus level for nearly half the yearly rate.

Cash grabs are never a good sign, but you might as well get the deal. If they are still around in 9 months you'll have broken even.
Larry2

Posted by Scott Florack:
The whole business model is quite humorous. They alienated their longtime customers by tripling the yearly fee, and now they're selling a lifetime subscription at the Plus level for nearly half the yearly rate.

Cash grabs are never a good sign, but you might as well get the deal. If they are still around in 9 months you'll have broken even.

Where are you seeing the lifetime subscription pricing? When I go to my Subscriptions I see just regular pricing displayed.

I was going to see if it was on their pricing page but I can't remember how to get to it and got tired of trying to find it.
Scott Florack

https://stacksocial.com/sales/toodledo-plus-lifetime-subscription

You receive a code and redeem it in Toodledo. Subscription needs to be manually renewed by CS every 5 years.
Robert_Work

Posted by Scott Florack:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/toodledo-plus-lifetime-subscription

You receive a code and redeem it in Toodledo. Subscription needs to be manually renewed by CS every 5 years.

Is that real!

I think time to head for the exit, that can't be sustainable beyond grabbing some quick $'s....... .before the end.....!!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.